    Dave C.

    9et

    Remove the five 9's (leave the 4) for email.
    Dave C., Oct 25, 2004

  2. Dave C. wrote:
    > I have a Fuji 2800 SLR whose results are very good for my needs. I have
    > yet to find a difference between the Quality>Normal vs. Quality>Fine in
    > jpg
    > format
    >
    > I have taken the same outdoor picture, one at the Fine and one at the
    > Normal
    > setting. I printed both at 8x10 photo glossy picture and hardly, if at
    > all,
    > can see the difference. I have previously assumed that the Fine uses less
    > compression since the Fine size is larger. Of course, I see no difference
    > in the 4x6 format.
    >
    > But I would like to know what I am missing not using the Quality>Fine
    > setting.

    Someone who knows what to look for would be more likely to see the
    difference in an 8X10. However, if it is your desire to make good photos
    for yourself, friends and family, who cares about those few people who can
    see the difference.

    Some subjects will be more sensitive than others and larger prints will
    show the difference better.

    I think you have the right idea and if you are happy, I say stay happy.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
    Joseph Meehan, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Dave C.

    Gadgets Guest

    see JPEG Compression thread...

    Cheers, Jason (remove ... to reply)
    Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com
    Gadgets, Oct 25, 2004
  4. Dave C.

    Dave C. Guest

    Thanks, and I will look up the JPEG compression thread in Google.

    Regards,

    Dave C., Oct 26, 2004