    How do I achieve this?

    Thanks,

    Heidi

    Heidi Manway, Jan 19, 2007

  2. Heidi Manway wrote:
    > Hi I want to contact the owner of a certain website I have tried
    > emailing them through their Official Form Email to no avail,I need to
    > get hold of the website adminstration so the can pass the message on
    >
    > How do I achieve this?

    http://www.google.com/search?q=whois

    By way of an example:
> [...]

    > database through the use of electronic processes that are high-volume and
    > automated except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or
    > modify existing registrations; the Data in VeriSign Global Registry
    > Services' ("VeriSign") Whois database is provided by VeriSign for
    > information purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information
    > about or related to a domain name registration record. VeriSign does not
    > guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a Whois query, you agree to abide
    > by the following terms of use: You agree that you may use this Data only
    > for lawful purposes and that under no circumstances will you use this Data
    > to: (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
    > unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail, telephone,
    > or facsimile; or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes
    > that apply to VeriSign (or its computer systems). The compilation,
    > repackaging, dissemination or other use of this Data is expressly
    > prohibited without the prior written consent of VeriSign. You agree not to
    > use electronic processes that are automated and high-volume to access or
    > query the Whois database except as reasonably necessary to register
    > domain names or modify existing registrations. VeriSign reserves the right
    > to restrict your access to the Whois database in its sole discretion to ensure
    > operational stability. VeriSign may restrict or terminate your access to the
    > Whois database for failure to abide by these terms of use. VeriSign
    > reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.
    >
    > The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and
    > Registrars.
    > The data contained in GoDaddy.com, Inc.'s WhoIs database,
    > while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"
    > with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This
    > information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you
    > in obtaining information about domain name registration records.
    > Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior written
    > permission of GoDaddy.com, Inc. By submitting an inquiry,
    > you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In particular,
    > you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,
    > dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any
    > purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and
    > and solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree
    > not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic
    > processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,
    > including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.
    >
    > Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
    > in the "registrant" field. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, Inc.
    > is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

    Notice that the address field appears somewhat unreal.

    Mark Robinson, Jan 19, 2007

  3. Heidi Manway

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Heidi Manway wrote:
    > Hi I want to contact the owner of a certain website I have tried
    > emailing them through their Official Form Email to no avail,I need to
    > get hold of the website adminstration so the can pass the message on
    >
    > How do I achieve this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Heidi

    Dear Heidi,

    I'm ignoring you. Go away. Stop emailing me. If I wanted to reply to your
    stupid email, I would have already done so.

    Sincerely,
    The Administrator

    WhzzKdd, Jan 19, 2007
  4. Heidi Manway

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mark Robinson wrote:

    >> NOTICE:

    >> TERMS OF USE:

    Why paste tons of boilerplate garbage in here?

    You could have communicated small useful elements of your whois with
    judicious cutting and pasting without pasting a ton of useless junk.

    The domainregistrar published contact for your example
    ourcomputertips.com is

    .... which BTW I don't think is a particularly good contact strategy,
    depending upon the target.

    --
    Mike Easter - anti-crossposter
    Any crossposting with which I disagree

    Mike Easter, Jan 19, 2007
  5. Heidi Manway

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 18 Jan 2007 17:12:59 -0800, "Heidi Manway" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi I want to contact the owner of a certain website I have tried
    >emailing them through their Official Form Email to no avail,I need to
    >get hold of the website adminstration so the can pass the message on
    >
    >How do I achieve this?

    Perhaps they're ignoring you?

    Evan Platt, Jan 19, 2007
  6. Heidi Manway

    Kirk Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:

    >Mark Robinson wrote:
    >
    >>> NOTICE:

    >>> TERMS OF USE:

    >Why paste tons of boilerplate garbage in here?
    >
    >You could have communicated small useful elements of your whois with
    >judicious cutting and pasting without pasting a ton of useless junk.

    124 line of text will not crash Usenet.

    Grow up and learn to overlook trivial things, little child.

    Kirk, Jan 19, 2007
  7. Heidi Manway

    DJ Spider Guest

    WhzzKdd wrote:
    > Heidi Manway wrote:
    >> Hi I want to contact the owner of a certain website I have tried
    >> emailing them through their Official Form Email to no avail,I need to
    >> get hold of the website adminstration so the can pass the message on
    >>
    >> How do I achieve this?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Heidi

    > Dear Heidi,
    >
    > I'm ignoring you. Go away. Stop emailing me. If I wanted to reply to your
    > stupid email, I would have already done so.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > The Administrator

    Thunderbird is an amazing email and news client! I have just blocked
    heidi with an email filter, if she posts again it will go straight into
    the delete folder! Whoo Hoo!

    --

    Don't forget to take out THETRASH !

    Do you need a Disco? Or would you like to sing to the World?
    (or at least Ireland!) Visit http://www.kastlekaraoke.com for all
    your Disco and Karaoke party needs.

    DJ Spider, Jan 19, 2007
  8. Heidi Manway wrote:
    > Hi I want to contact the owner of a certain website I have tried
    > emailing them through their Official Form Email to no avail,I need to
    > get hold of the website adminstration so the can pass the message on
    >
    > How do I achieve this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Heidi

    Why is this cross-posted to ie.comp and nz.comp ?

    Des O'Donoghue, Jan 19, 2007
  9. Heidi Manway

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:42:59 +0000, Des O'Donoghue
    <> wrote:

    >Why is this cross-posted to ie.comp and nz.comp ?

    Because the OP is an idiot.

    Plain and simple.

    Evan Platt, Jan 19, 2007
  10. Heidi Manway

    WhzzKdd Guest

    DJ Spider wrote:
    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >> Heidi Manway wrote:
    >>> Hi I want to contact the owner of a certain website I have tried
    >>> emailing them through their Official Form Email to no avail,I need
    >>> to get hold of the website adminstration so the can pass the
    >>> message on How do I achieve this?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Heidi

    >> Dear Heidi,
    >>
    >> I'm ignoring you. Go away. Stop emailing me. If I wanted to reply to
    >> your stupid email, I would have already done so.
    >>
    >> Sincerely,
    >> The Administrator
    >>

    > Thunderbird is an amazing email and news client! I have just blocked
    > heidi with an email filter, if she posts again it will go straight
    > into the delete folder! Whoo Hoo!

    Yup - she's very close to gaining access to my looney bin as well.

    WhzzKdd, Jan 19, 2007
  11. Heidi Manway

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Jan 19, 2007
  12. Heidi Manway

    jasen Guest

    On 2007-01-19, Heidi Manway <> wrote:
    > Hi I want to contact the owner of a certain website I have tried
    > emailing them through their Official Form Email to no avail,I need to
    > get hold of the website adminstration so the can pass the message on
    >
    > How do I achieve this?

    a service called whois.

    do a whois request on the domain name, and the IP address.

    --

    Bye.
    Jasen

    jasen, Jan 19, 2007
  13. Heidi Manway

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:26:11 -0800, "WhzzKdd"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Yup - she's very close to gaining access to my looney bin as well.

    > Heidi OWNS the friggin looney bin.
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?lnk=hpsg&q=

    <BEG>

    WhzzKdd, Jan 20, 2007
  14. Heidi Manway

    Heidi Manway Guest

    X-no-archive:yes

    jasen wrote:
    > On, Heidi Manway <> wrote:
    > > Hi I want to contact the owner of a certain website I have tried
    > > emailing them through their Official Form Email to no avail,I need to
    > > get hold of the website adminstration so the can pass the message on
    > >
    > > How do I achieve this?

    > a service called whois.
    >
    > do a whois request on the domain name, and the IP address.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Bye.
    > Jasen

    Thanks for your help Jasen I found this website www.who.is WHOIS Look
    Up

    I checked out www.ratemyhospital.ie and the Spyware Provider
    Errorguard that I paid to have installed in my computer.

    www.errorguard.com the results are as follows

    ratemyhospital.ie

    What does the terminology admin-c: ACL377-IEDR
    tech-c: HH36-IEDR mean see below??

    It links through to www.medmedia.ie the company however no email
    addresses just webforms
    no webmaster or technical support email or telephone contacts

    Is this what they call aPrivate Registristion by Proxy???

    % Rights restricted by copyright;
    http://www.domainregistry.ie/copyright.html
    % Do not remove this notice

    domain: ratemyhospital.ie
    descr: MedMedia Limited
    descr: BODY CORPORATE (LTD,PLC,COMPANY)
    descr: Discretionary Name
    admin-c: ACL377-IEDR
    tech-c: HH36-IEDR
    renewal: 29-August-2007
    status: Active
    nserver: NS1.HOSTING365.IE
    nserver: NS2.HOSTING365.IE
    nserver: NS3.HOSTING365.IE
    source: IEDR

    person: John Gibbons
    nic-hdl: ACL377-IEDR
    source: IEDR

    person: Hosting 365 Hostmaster
    nic-hdl: HH36-IEDR
    source: IEDR

    Extended Information - :

    IP Address: 82.195.130.250
    IP Location: Ireland
    Website Status: active
    Server Type: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
    Cache Date: 2007-01-21 05:43:11 MST
    Available Domains:
    RateMyPatients.com
    RateMyPatients.net
    RateMyClinic.com
    RateMyClinic.net

    on www.errorguard.com reveals this

    Domain Name: errorguard.com

    clientTransferProhibited, clientUpdateProhibited

    Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com

    Expiration Date: 2007-09-13
    Creation Date: 2004-09-13
    Last Update Date: 2006-07-25

    Name Servers:
    ns1.errorguard.com
    ns2.errorguard.com

    Extended Information - :

    IP Address: 207.44.178.50
    Website Status: active
    Server Type: Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat)
    Cache Date: 2007-01-21 07:58:15 MST
    Compare Archived Data: 2006-03-03
    Available Domains:
    ErrorProtect.net
    ErrorClippers.com
    ErrorClippers.net
    FaultGuard.net
    ErrorGuardClippers.com
    ErrorGuardClippers.net
    MistakeGuard.com
    MistakeGuard.net

[...]

    Domains by Proxy, Inc.

    This one seems totally Private No emails, phone numbers, or fax
    contacts even when you check www.godaddy.com out

    Heidi

    Heidi Manway, Jan 21, 2007
  15. Heidi Manway

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Heidi Manway wrote:
    > jasen wrote:
    >> On, Heidi Manway <> wrote:
    >>> Hi I want to contact the owner of a certain website I have tried
    >>> emailing them through their Official Form Email to no avail,I need
    >>> to get hold of the website adminstration so the can pass the
    >>> message on
    >>>
    >>> How do I achieve this?

    >> a service called whois.
    >>
    >> do a whois request on the domain name, and the IP address.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Bye.
    >> Jasen

    > Thanks for your help Jasen I found this website www.who.is WHOIS Look
    > Up
    >
    > I checked out www.ratemyhospital.ie and the Spyware Provider
    > Errorguard that I paid to have installed in my computer.
    >
    > www.errorguard.com the results are as follows
    >
    > ratemyhospital.ie
    >
    > It links through to www.medmedia.ie the company however no email
    > addresses just webforms
    > no webmaster or technical support email or telephone contacts
    >
    > This one seems totally Private No emails, phone numbers, or fax
    > contacts even when you check www.godaddy.com out

    And why /shouldn't/ they have their privacy? As the administrator of our
    domains where I am employed, I don't want MY email address up for the whole
    web community to have access to.

    WhzzKdd, Jan 21, 2007