    What's the trick to display the entire name? If I post randomly, I'll get
    bashed for being in the wrong NG...

    Murgi

    Murgi, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Murgi

    Jay Guest

    "Murgi" <-net.ne.jp> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am trying to post into the appropriate Microsoft newsgroup...
    > My present newsreader (OE6.0) shows numerous Microsoft newsgroups, but the
    > are all truncated like:
    >
    > microsoft.public.activ....
    > microsoft.public.acces....
    >
    > There are 30 to 50 of the same truncated newsgroups in the downloaded

    list.
    > What's the trick to display the entire name? If I post randomly, I'll get
    > bashed for being in the wrong NG...

    Where the name is truncated.... look above there should be a divider ]|[
    Double click it (or hold down your mouse and drag to the right) and the
    field should expand to show the entire name.

    Jay

    Jay, Jan 14, 2004

  3. Murgi

    Murgi Guest

    Where the name is truncated.... look above there should be a divider ]|[
    > Double click it (or hold down your mouse and drag to the right) and the
    > field should expand to show the entire name.

    THANKS... got it working!:)

    Murgi, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Murgi

    angler Guest

    "Jay" <qpr@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

    > "Murgi" <-net.ne.jp> wrote in message
    > > I am trying to post into the appropriate Microsoft newsgroup...
    > > My present newsreader (OE6.0) shows numerous Microsoft newsgroups, but

    the
    > > are all truncated like:
    > >
    > > microsoft.public.activ....
    > > microsoft.public.acces....
    > >
    > > There are 30 to 50 of the same truncated newsgroups in the downloaded

    > list.
    > > What's the trick to display the entire name? If I post randomly, I'll

    get
    > > bashed for being in the wrong NG...

    > Where the name is truncated.... look above there should be a divider ]|[
    > Double click it (or hold down your mouse and drag to the right) and the
    > field should expand to show the entire name.
    >
    > Jay
    >

    > > Murgi
    > >

    > I have this problem too. Trouble is I cant find this divider you talk

    about.
    What am I doing wrong.
    Jim

    ---

    angler, Jan 14, 2004
  5. Murgi

    wisefool Guest

    angler reasoned:
    > "Jay" <qpr@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    >> Where the name is truncated.... look above there should be a divider
    >> ]|[ Double click it (or hold down your mouse and drag to the right)
    >> and the field should expand to show the entire name.
    >>
    >> Jay
    >> I have this problem too. Trouble is I cant find this divider you talk

    > about.
    > What am I doing wrong.
    > Jim

    The headings of the newsgroup listing panel (Newsgroups, Description)
    on grey backgrounds have bloack lines between them. Double click
    the black line after Newsgroups. Can't show you a good picture but
    it looks roughly like this:

    _Within new sgroups dialog box_, panel mostly with white background:
    *
    | Newsgroups | Description | <= grey
    background headings
    some.newsgroup....
    some.newsgroup....
    some.newsgroup....

    Double click the line next to Description (where * is) to make
    the Newsgroups column the right size to show the full names.

    wisefool

    wisefool, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Murgi

    angler Guest

    "wisefool" <> wrote in message
    > angler reasoned:
    > > "Jay" <qpr@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    > >> Where the name is truncated.... look above there should be a divider
    > >> ]|[ Double click it (or hold down your mouse and drag to the right)
    > >> and the field should expand to show the entire name.
    > >>
    > >> Jay
    > >> I have this problem too. Trouble is I cant find this divider you talk

    > > about.
    > > What am I doing wrong.
    > > Jim

    > The headings of the newsgroup listing panel (Newsgroups, Description)
    > on grey backgrounds have bloack lines between them. Double click
    > the black line after Newsgroups. Can't show you a good picture but
    > it looks roughly like this:
    >
    > _Within new sgroups dialog box_, panel mostly with white background:
    > *
    > | Newsgroups | Description | <= grey
    > background headings
    > some.newsgroup....
    > some.newsgroup....
    > some.newsgroup....
    >
    > Double click the line next to Description (where * is) to make
    > the Newsgroups column the right size to show the full names.
    >
    > wisefool
    >
    > Thanks Wisefool. At last I understand. Cant believe I have been using

    newsgroups for 5 years without knowing that.
    I am grateful to you. Jim.

    ---

    angler, Jan 14, 2004
  7. Murgi

    Murgi Guest

    > > Thanks Wisefool. At last I understand. Cant believe I have been using
    > newsgroups for 5 years without knowing that.
    > I am grateful to you. Jim.

    No wonder since this divider line is very hard to see (kind of grayed out).
    But now we really know it after so many years!:)

    Murgi, Jan 15, 2004
  8. Murgi

    LO&MsLO Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:41:53 -0000, "angler" <>
    wrote:

    >"Jay" <qpr@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Murgi" <-net.ne.jp> wrote in message
    >> > I am trying to post into the appropriate Microsoft newsgroup...
    >> > My present newsreader (OE6.0) shows numerous Microsoft newsgroups, but

    >the
    >> > are all truncated like:
    >> >
    >> > microsoft.public.activ....
    >> > microsoft.public.acces....
    >> >
    >> > There are 30 to 50 of the same truncated newsgroups in the downloaded

    >> list.
    >> > What's the trick to display the entire name? If I post randomly, I'll

    >get
    >> > bashed for being in the wrong NG...

    >> Where the name is truncated.... look above there should be a divider ]|[
    >> Double click it (or hold down your mouse and drag to the right) and the
    >> field should expand to show the entire name.
    >>
    >> Jay
    >>

    >> > Murgi
    >> >

    >> I have this problem too. Trouble is I cant find this divider you talk

    >about.
    >What am I doing wrong.
    >Jim

    I know some are going to get ticked about this but....how about
    talking a basic Windows course at your local college?

    John

    LO&MsLO, Jan 15, 2004
  9. Murgi

    wisefool Guest

    LO&MsLO let this pour onto the screen:
    > I know some are going to get ticked about this but....how about
    > talking a basic Windows course at your local college?

    Or they could just RTFM I guess. But I enjoyed drawing my
    line art - this time.

    wisefool

    wisefool, Jan 15, 2004
  10. Murgi

    wisefool Guest

    wisefool let this flow onto the screen:
    > LO&MsLO let this pour onto the screen:
    >> I know some are going to get ticked about this but....how about
    >> talking a basic Windows course at your local college?

    > Or they could just RTFM I guess. But I enjoyed drawing my
    > line art - this time.
    >
    > wisefool

    Actually wow - there appears to be no online manual in Windows
    XP with sufficient detail to cover this. Its amazing you don't get
    more queries like this.

    wisefool, Jan 15, 2004
  11. Murgi

    angler Guest

    "LO&MsLO" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:41:53 -0000, "angler" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"Jay" <qpr@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Murgi" <-net.ne.jp> wrote in message

    but
    > >the

    > >> list.

    > >get
    > >>
    > >> Where the name is truncated.... look above there should be a

    divider ]|[
    > >> Double click it (or hold down your mouse and drag to the right) and the
    > >> field should expand to show the entire name.
    > >>
    > >> Jay

    > >> I have this problem too. Trouble is I cant find this divider you talk

    > >about.
    > >What am I doing wrong.
    > >Jim
    > >>

    > I know some are going to get ticked about this but....how about
    > talking a basic Windows course at your local college?
    >
    > John

    Difficult when you are 80 years old & disabled, but I keep trying.
    Thanks anyway. Jim

    ---

    angler, Jan 15, 2004
  12. Murgi

    LO&MsLO Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:40:47 -0000, "angler" <>
    wrote:

    >"LO&MsLO" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:41:53 -0000, "angler" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"Jay" <qpr@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

    >but
    >> >the

    >> >get

    >divider ]|[

    >> >about.
    >> >What am I doing wrong.
    >> >Jim
    >> >>

    >> I know some are going to get ticked about this but....how about
    >> talking a basic Windows course at your local college?
    >>
    >> John

    >Difficult when you are 80 years old & disabled, but I keep trying.
    >Thanks anyway. Jim
    >

    >---

    Then do what I tell other to do..go out and get Windows for Dummies.
    Things like screen/box resizing is covered.

    LO&MsLO, Jan 15, 2004
  13. Murgi

    duckegg Guest

    "LO&MsLO" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:40:47 -0000, "angler" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"LO&MsLO" <> wrote in message

    > >but

    downloaded

    I'll

    > >divider ]|[

    the

    talk

    > >> I know some are going to get ticked about this but....how about
    > >> talking a basic Windows course at your local college?
    > >>
    > >> John

    > >Difficult when you are 80 years old & disabled, but I keep trying.
    > >Thanks anyway. Jim
    > >

    > >---
    > >

    > Then do what I tell other to do..go out and get Windows for Dummies.
    > Things like screen/box resizing is covered.

    Sarcasm wont get you anywhere.

    ---

    duckegg, Jan 15, 2004
  14. Murgi

    wisefool Guest

    duckegg said:
    > "LO&MsLO" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:40:47 -0000, "angler" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "LO&MsLO" <> wrote in message

    > talk

    >>> Difficult when you are 80 years old & disabled, but I keep trying.
    >>> Thanks anyway. Jim
    >>>

    >>> ---
    >>>

    >> Then do what I tell other to do..go out and get Windows for Dummies.
    >> Things like screen/box resizing is covered.

    > Sarcasm wont get you anywhere.

    Tell that to the (best-selling?) publisher...

    wisefool, Jan 19, 2004