    point me in the right about getting the correct material
    to start studying for the exam, Thank you.
    Also what's the passing score for both exams
    Jay, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Jay

    Chad Guest

    Passing score is 700. There are no study guides out as
    of the time. I looked at Microsofts site and looked at
    their breakdown of whats on the test. From there, if
    there was an area I didn't feel comfortable with, I
    looked up Tech articles to get a feel for things. I
    mostly looked on Microsoft's site for the articles, since
    it is their test.

    any

    Chad, Feb 24, 2004

  3. See this site for Microsoft materials that help to
    prepare you for these exams:
    (for 272, replace the 271.asp with 272.asp)

    Here is some info from the 271 site:
    Preparation Tools and Resources
    We make a wealth of preparation tools and resources
    available to you, including courses, books, practice
    tests, and Microsoft Web sites. When you are ready to
    prepare for this exam, here's where you should start.

    Instructor-led Courses for This Exam
    Course 2261: Supporting Users Running the Microsoft
    Windows XP Operating System
    Course 2262: Supporting Users Running Applications on a
    Microsoft Windows XP Operating System

    Microsoft Press Self-Paced Training Products
    Training Kit: Supporting Users and Troubleshooting
    Microsoft Windows XP

    Microsoft Certified Practice Tests
    MeasureUp: Visit the MeasureUp Web site to take a
    practice test.

    Self Test Software: Visit the Self Test Software Web site
    to take a practice test.

    Microsoft Online Resources
    TechNet: Designed for IT professionals, this site
    includes How-tos, best practices, downloads, technical
    chats, and much more.

    Training & Certification Newsgroups: A newsgroup exists
    for every Microsoft certification. By participating in
    the ongoing dialogue, you take advantage of a unique
    opportunity to exchange ideas with and ask questions of
    others, including more than 750 Microsoft Most Valuable
    Professionals (MVPs) worldwide.

    Barbara \(MS\), Feb 25, 2004
  4. Jay

    Bryan Guest

    The only books I have found have been from the \\microsoft
    class. 2261 and 2262. They do not prepare you well
    enough. All of the review answers point you to look up KB
    answers, they do not even give you the answers to their
    own review questions in their own book.

    Bryan, Feb 25, 2004
  5. Jay

    Shelby Meyer Guest

    I just did a search on Amazon.com for MCDST. No real books listed yet but
    the the ExamCrams for 271 and 272 will be released on May27. Thats all I
    could find.

    Shelby Meyer, Feb 27, 2004