Finding Server... Finding Host.... enough already!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Leesa_Tay@softhome.net, Jan 20, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I have PeoplePC as my dial-up ISP and as of late there have been
    problems that have been happening more and more frequently that have
    made my surfing experience very unfriendly.

    Half the time I go to send an email using my Outlook Express there will
    be a delay of anywhere from 15 to 30 or more seconds while it says
    something about CONNECTING or FINDING host. Eventually... It will send
    the email.

    Same thing when surfing. Sometimes I will click on a link and NOTHING
    will happen. No hourglass... absolutely nothing and then finally, the
    page will start to load in.

    Now... It's not a case where the page is slow to load after it is
    found. It seems like my PC has all this damn searching to do to find
    the damn site. I am very frustrated over this.

    Some would suggest that this is part of the reality of having a dial-up
    connection but I have had dial-up for over 7 years and have had nothing
    like this occur nor as often.

    Does this sound like it's an ISP issue? Or my PC? especially the
    email issue where it waits for sometimes up to 45 seconds while it
    looks for the host.

    Just wondering if changing my ISP will fix this?

    Thanks in advance

    Leesa (I)
    , Jan 20, 2006

  2. me Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I have PeoplePC as my dial-up ISP and as of late there have been
    > problems that have been happening more and more frequently that have
    > made my surfing experience very unfriendly.
    >
    > Half the time I go to send an email using my Outlook Express there will
    > be a delay of anywhere from 15 to 30 or more seconds while it says
    > something about CONNECTING or FINDING host. Eventually... It will send
    > the email.
    >
    > Same thing when surfing. Sometimes I will click on a link and NOTHING
    > will happen. No hourglass... absolutely nothing and then finally, the
    > page will start to load in.
    >
    > Now... It's not a case where the page is slow to load after it is
    > found. It seems like my PC has all this damn searching to do to find
    > the damn site. I am very frustrated over this.
    >
    > Some would suggest that this is part of the reality of having a dial-up
    > connection but I have had dial-up for over 7 years and have had nothing
    > like this occur nor as often.
    >
    > Does this sound like it's an ISP issue? Or my PC? especially the
    > email issue where it waits for sometimes up to 45 seconds while it
    > looks for the host.
    >
    > Just wondering if changing my ISP will fix this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Leesa (I)

    maybe you could try wsitching to an inexpensive broadband service.A basic
    package probably wouldnt cost too much more than you pay for dial up.
    me, Jan 20, 2006

  3. Tony Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I have PeoplePC as my dial-up ISP and as of late there have been
    > problems that have been happening more and more frequently that have
    > made my surfing experience very unfriendly.
    >
    > Half the time I go to send an email using my Outlook Express there will
    > be a delay of anywhere from 15 to 30 or more seconds while it says
    > something about CONNECTING or FINDING host. Eventually... It will send
    > the email.
    >
    > Same thing when surfing. Sometimes I will click on a link and NOTHING
    > will happen. No hourglass... absolutely nothing and then finally, the
    > page will start to load in.
    >
    > Now... It's not a case where the page is slow to load after it is
    > found. It seems like my PC has all this damn searching to do to find
    > the damn site. I am very frustrated over this.
    >
    > Some would suggest that this is part of the reality of having a dial-up
    > connection but I have had dial-up for over 7 years and have had nothing
    > like this occur nor as often.
    >
    > Does this sound like it's an ISP issue? Or my PC? especially the
    > email issue where it waits for sometimes up to 45 seconds while it
    > looks for the host.
    >
    > Just wondering if changing my ISP will fix this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Leesa (I)

    It could be that your ISP has a slow DNS server. You could try installing
    Treewalk from http://ntcanuck.com/ .
    Tony, Jan 20, 2006