    status where the user presses Ctrl+Alt+Del and locks the computer. ) Is
    there any API or command to find this out ?

    Satish
    satlal, Sep 3, 2005

  2. "satlal" <> wrote in message
    news:dfc3lq$jk8$...
    > Can anyone tell me how to find whether a remote computer running windows
    > 2003/NT has a locked desktop or not ? ( By Locked desktop, I mean the
    > status where the user presses Ctrl+Alt+Del and locks the computer. ) Is
    > there any API or command to find this out ?

    Interesting question. login.src is (IIRC) running the whole time, so it's
    hard to see an easy way of doing this.

    Is this likely to be a bog-standard install (i.e. there isn't another
    screensaver type of process that we can check for?)

    --

    Hairy One Kenobi

    in the first place. So there!
    Hairy One Kenobi, Sep 3, 2005

  3. satlal

    Donnie Guest

    "satlal" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me how to find whether a remote computer running windows
    > 2003/NT has a locked desktop or not ? ( By Locked desktop, I mean the
    > status where the user presses Ctrl+Alt+Del and locks the computer. ) Is
    > there any API or command to find this out ?
    >
    > Satish

    #########################
    I don't think that there is any way to determine if a computer is locked
    from the outside since it doesn't close a port when activated. I don't even
    think a null session would work even it could be extablished.
    donnie.
    Donnie, Sep 4, 2005
  4. satlal

    satlal Guest

    I got a clue that we have multiple desktops, used by the microsoft terminal
    session manager on a single machine.
    When we lock the computer, the Terminal session manager throws back a null
    desktop , which disables the keyboard keys (except the ctrl+alt+del key
    combination.... )
    working with the terminal session APIs could solve it , but couldnt go far
    in this respect.
    Does anyone have more information on this .

    satlal, Sep 6, 2005