Finding out who's IP address has accessed my account.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by TerryNC, Aug 22, 2004.

  1. TerryNC

    TerryNC Guest

    I dont think ebay sent that email...

    Steve, Aug 22, 2004

  3. I agree. Also if in the same email they asked you to confirm
    your username and password, don't do it! It definately wasn't
    ebay sending you the mail.

    Solar Nowhere, Aug 22, 2004
  4. TerryNC

    Gimpy Guest

    Try here, ip addy is for american on line !
    http://ws.arin.net/cgi-bin/whois.pl

    Gimpy, Aug 22, 2004
  5. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Sun,
    22 Aug 2004 20:34:39 +0100, "Steve" <> screamed
    from behind the mulberry bush:

    >I have recently recieved an email from ebay stating that an unusual ip
    >address has tried to access my account. How can I find who's address it
    >is.......
    >
    >The details are as follows.
    >
    >IP Address 205.188.209.166
    >ISP host: cache-dq04.proxy.aol.com

    Call AOL but don't expect them to help you. They have a privacy policy
    that won't allow them to access records and tell you who it was.
    Unless you get a subpoena from a court of law, you might as well drop
    it. Besides, the account may have been hijacked since some AOL n00bs
    are easily phished into giving out account information.

    Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Aug 23, 2004
  6. TerryNC

    Lisa

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Try spammer tracking services

    There are several spammer tracking services (e.g. Spammer Tracking) that accept IP addresses and return more info regrading the source of this IP, they might give you the info you need...

    Lisa, Jul 25, 2007