    To MyMessages.' Can someone kindly give me some guidance? I really like
    Firefox/Thunderbird and the great features I feel are superior to IE/OE.
    Thanks
    WormWood, May 22, 2005

  2. WormWood

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 22 May 2005 15:13:40 -0400, WormWood wrote:

    > Hi, Guys and Guyitas,
    > Making the switch from OE to Thunderbird as my newsreader, I haven't yet
    > found the T-bird equivalent to OE's 'View / Current View / Show Replies
    > To MyMessages.' Can someone kindly give me some guidance? I really like
    > Firefox/Thunderbird and the great features I feel are superior to IE/OE.
    > Thanks

    There isn't one as such. What you need to do is to set up a filter that
    exactly matches your email address as sender, and then select "Watch
    Thread". Then when ever you post to a thread, if you select
    View-Threads-Watched Threads with Unread it will show all the threads that
    you have posted to. in fact this is BETTER than the OE equivalent, because
    it will show the WHOLE thread, so you can easily go back to previous posts
    in the thread.

    HTH

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Fedora Core 3
    Gordon, May 22, 2005

  3. WormWood

    WormWood Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 22 May 2005 15:13:40 -0400, WormWood wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, Guys and Guyitas,
    >> Making the switch from OE to Thunderbird as my newsreader, I haven't
    >> yet
    >> found the T-bird equivalent to OE's 'View / Current View / Show
    >> Replies
    >> To MyMessages.' Can someone kindly give me some guidance? I really
    >> like
    >> Firefox/Thunderbird and the great features I feel are superior to
    >> IE/OE.
    >> Thanks

    > There isn't one as such. What you need to do is to set up a filter
    > that
    > exactly matches your email address as sender, and then select "Watch
    > Thread". Then when ever you post to a thread, if you select
    > View-Threads-Watched Threads with Unread it will show all the threads
    > that
    > you have posted to. in fact this is BETTER than the OE equivalent,
    > because
    > it will show the WHOLE thread, so you can easily go back to previous
    > posts
    > in the thread.
    >
    > HTH

    Thanks, Gordon, that works a treat. You are right, this approach works
    much better the the OE feature.
    Cheers!
    WormWood, May 22, 2005
  4. WormWood

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 22 May 2005 16:23:29 -0400, WormWood wrote:

    > Thanks, Gordon, that works a treat. You are right, this approach works
    > much better the the OE feature.
    > Cheers!

    YW!

    Gordon, May 22, 2005