    on a cisco switch.

    Thanks for all the info.

    RTR
    RTR, May 5, 2006

  2. RTR

    J Guest

    RTR wrote:
    > I have a cisco 2950 switch. I want to find out what is the mac address
    > of the pc that is attached to that particular port.
    > without physically going to the pc and looking it up , how can find it
    > on a cisco switch.

    For example:

    switch-1#show mac-address-table interface fastEthernet 0/2
    Mac Address Table

    Vlan Mac Address Type Ports
    10 0006.d7fc.41d0 DYNAMIC Fa0/2
    Total Mac Addresses for this criterion: 1

    Or in reverse if you have the IP but don't have the MAC:

    # ping aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd

    # show ip arp aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd

    Protocol Address Age (min) Hardware Addr Type Interface
    Internet aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd 132 abcd.1234.5678 ARPA Vlan10

    # show mac-address-table dynamic address abcd.1234.5678

    J, May 5, 2006