    TIA
    --
    Dave Croft

    Dave Croft, Nov 5, 2004

  2. Dave Croft

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 14:33:46 -0000, Dave Croft wrote:

    >I thought this would be easy but I am having problems finding out
    >The latitude & longitude of uk addresses or postcodes.
    >Does anyone know a suitable free web address.
    >TIA

    This may not help, www.google.com

    Taking a wild and daft guess using some of the words you used in your
    post -

    Results 1 - 10 of about 1,840 English pages for
    uk latitude & longitude postcodes
    (0.22 seconds)

    UK Postcode Coordinates
    .... First part of the UK postcode (area code); x-coordinate (metres);
    y-coordinate (metres); Latitude; Longitude. File format. This is the
    format used in postcodes. ...

    In addition to the Google search it only took a further 12 seconds to
    glance at the page, d/l the file, unzip and open it..

    Web addresses aren't usually free, they need a fee to register or are
    included as part of some other offer.

    Me

    why?, Nov 5, 2004

  3. Dave Croft

    Trent SC Guest

    Enter a postcode on www.multimap.com and it'll give you L&L info

    Trent SC, Nov 5, 2004
  4. Dave Croft

    Steve Guest

    "Dave Croft" <> wrote in message
    >I thought this would be easy but I am having problems finding out
    > The latitude & longitude of uk addresses or postcodes.
    > Does anyone know a suitable free web address.
    > TIA
    > --
    > Dave Croft

    Goto http://www.streetmap.co.uk and put in postcode.
    You will then get a map of area with an arrow pointing to
    street/postcode
    Scroll down to the writing under the "ask jeeves" advert and press the
    link that says
    "click here to convert/measure coordinates"

    Steve, Nov 5, 2004
  5. Dave Croft

    Steve Guest

    See also http://www.multimap.com/

    Steve, Nov 5, 2004
  6. Dave Croft

    Dave Croft Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message news:cmg79c$r8m$...
    > "Dave Croft" <> wrote in message
    > >I thought this would be easy but I am having problems finding out
    > > The latitude & longitude of uk addresses or postcodes.
    > > Does anyone know a suitable free web address.
    > > TIA Dave Croft

    > See also http://www.multimap.com/

    Thanks Guys, multimap was the answer!
    I had tried the Tiscali version which doesn't
    give the co-ordinates.
    --
    Dave Croft

    Dave Croft, Nov 6, 2004