    Does anyone know if there is a way to load the graphics drivers from the
    recovery disc.
    Any help would be most wellcome.

    john, Sep 26, 2004

  2. john

    grayghost Guest

    "john" <> wrote in news:LAC5d.130489$hZ3.47937
    @fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

    > I have a Sony Vaio K215M Laptop.I have reformatted the hard drive,but i
    > didn't want to install all the software from the recovery disc.I have
    > installed windows xp pro
    >
    > The problem is i can't install the graphics drivers.The card is an ATI
    > MOBILITY RADEON IGP 345M.
    > I've put the recovery disc in and tried to load the drivers that way,but
    > windows cannot find it.Iv'e searched the internet for a driver update but
    > cant find any.
    >
    > Does anyone know if there is a way to load the graphics drivers from the
    > recovery disc.
    > Any help would be most wellcome.

    John,

    Have you tried going to http://www.driverguide.net

    Membership is free, and you can probably find the drive that you seek
    there....

    -gg-

    grayghost, Sep 26, 2004

  3. john

    john Guest

    "grayghost" <grayghost@binarybrewery_remove_this.com> wrote in message
    > "john" <> wrote in news:LAC5d.130489$hZ3.47937
    > @fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:
    >
    > > I have a Sony Vaio K215M Laptop.I have reformatted the hard drive,but i
    > > didn't want to install all the software from the recovery disc.I have
    > > installed windows xp pro
    > >
    > > The problem is i can't install the graphics drivers.The card is an ATI
    > > MOBILITY RADEON IGP 345M.
    > > I've put the recovery disc in and tried to load the drivers that way,but
    > > windows cannot find it.Iv'e searched the internet for a driver update

    but
    > > cant find any.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know if there is a way to load the graphics drivers from the
    > > recovery disc.
    > > Any help would be most wellcome.

    > John,
    >
    > Have you tried going to http://www.driverguide.net
    >
    > Membership is free, and you can probably find the drive that you seek
    > there....

    Yes i've tried there,thanks anyway.

    john, Sep 26, 2004
  4. john

    grayghost Guest

    *snipped*
    >> John,
    >>
    >> Have you tried going to http://www.driverguide.net
    >>
    >> Membership is free, and you can probably find the drive that you seek
    >> there....
    >>

    > Yes i've tried there,thanks anyway.

    John,

    Sorry that I can't be of more help. Thought that they might have it in
    there since when you google for it there it seems that it exists :-\ I
    surmise that the Sony Vaio web site doesn't have it?

    -gg-

    grayghost, Sep 26, 2004
  5. john

    SwissTony Guest

    "john" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Sony Vaio K215M Laptop.I have reformatted the hard drive,but i
    > didn't want to install all the software from the recovery disc.I have
    > installed windows xp pro
    >
    > The problem is i can't install the graphics drivers.The card is an ATI
    > MOBILITY RADEON IGP 345M.
    > I've put the recovery disc in and tried to load the drivers that way,but
    > windows cannot find it.Iv'e searched the internet for a driver update but
    > cant find any.
    >
    > Does anyone know if there is a way to load the graphics drivers from the
    > recovery disc.
    > Any help would be most wellcome.

    http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/register/register.asp?l=en
    u need the product code and serial number
    on sticker probly on bottom of laptop

    SwissTony, Sep 26, 2004
  6. john

    Emrys Davies Guest

    'John',

    If you have not already done so, try from this page as you might well
    find an alternative driver which will suffice.

    http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Sep 26, 2004
  7. john

    john Guest

    "Emrys Davies" <> wrote in message
    > 'John',
    >
    > If you have not already done so, try from this page as you might well
    > find an alternative driver which will suffice.
    >
    > http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html
    >
    > Regards,
    > Emrys Davies.
    >

    > "john" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a Sony Vaio K215M Laptop.I have reformatted the hard drive,but

    > > didn't want to install all the software from the recovery disc.I have
    > > installed windows xp pro
    > >
    > > The problem is i can't install the graphics drivers.The card is an ATI
    > > MOBILITY RADEON IGP 345M.
    > > I've put the recovery disc in and tried to load the drivers that

    > way,but
    > > windows cannot find it.Iv'e searched the internet for a driver update

    > but
    > > cant find any.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know if there is a way to load the graphics drivers from

    > the
    > > recovery disc.
    > > Any help would be most wellcome.

    Thanks to all, but i still cant get the drivers.Does anyone know if it's
    possible to extract them from the recovery disc ?

    john, Sep 26, 2004
  8. john

    Billy Guest

    "john" <> wrote in message

    > "Emrys Davies" <> wrote in message
    > > 'John',
    > >
    > > If you have not already done so, try from this page as you might

    well
    > > find an alternative driver which will suffice.
    > >
    > > http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Emrys Davies.
    > >

    > > "john" <> wrote in message
    > > > I have a Sony Vaio K215M Laptop.I have reformatted the hard

    drive,but
    > > > didn't want to install all the software from the recovery disc.I

    have
    > > > installed windows xp pro
    > > >
    > > > The problem is i can't install the graphics drivers.The card is an

    ATI
    > > > MOBILITY RADEON IGP 345M.
    > > > I've put the recovery disc in and tried to load the drivers that

    > > way,but
    > > > windows cannot find it.Iv'e searched the internet for a driver

    update
    > > but
    > > > cant find any.
    > > >
    > > > Does anyone know if there is a way to load the graphics drivers

    from
    > > the
    > > > recovery disc.
    > > > Any help would be most wellcome.
    > > >

    > Thanks to all, but i still cant get the drivers.Does anyone know if

    it's
    > possible to extract them from the recovery disc ?

    Don't know that, but did you try the Sony site?
    http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/register/register.asp?l=en
    As an earlier poster stated all you need to do is enter the laptop info
    and download the drivers.
    Or is it "hot" over there?

    Billy, Sep 26, 2004
  9. john

    john Guest

    "Billy" <> wrote in message

    > "john" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Emrys Davies" <> wrote in message
    > > > 'John',
    > > >
    > > > If you have not already done so, try from this page as you might

    > well
    > > > find an alternative driver which will suffice.
    > > >
    > > > http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html
    > > >
    > > > Regards,
    > > > Emrys Davies.
    > > >

    > > > "john" <> wrote in message

    > drive,but

    > have

    > ATI
    > > > way,but

    > update
    > > > but

    > from
    > > > the
    > > > >

    > > Thanks to all, but i still cant get the drivers.Does anyone know if

    > it's
    > > possible to extract them from the recovery disc ?
    > >

    > Don't know that, but did you try the Sony site?
    > http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/register/register.asp?l=en
    > As an earlier poster stated all you need to do is enter the laptop info
    > and download the drivers.
    > Or is it "hot" over there?

    Ive been to the site and keep getting page cannot be displayed. I have tried
    about 10 times since the link was posted.I will continue to try untill i can
    connect.
    It would be interesting to know how to access the drivers on the cd, i've
    looked and cant find them,but they must be there somewhere.

    john, Sep 26, 2004
  10. john

    SwissTony Guest

    > Ive been to the site and keep getting page cannot be displayed. I have

    tried
    > about 10 times since the link was posted.I will continue to try untill i

    can
    > connect.
    > It would be interesting to know how to access the drivers on the cd, i've
    > looked and cant find them,but they must be there somewhere.

    look for .cab files
    u may have to extract the whole cab file then use the search function in add
    new h/w wizard

    SwissTony, Sep 26, 2004
  11. john

    SwissTony Guest

    "john" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Sony Vaio K215M Laptop.I have reformatted the hard drive,but i
    > didn't want to install all the software from the recovery disc.I have
    > installed windows xp pro
    >
    > The problem is i can't install the graphics drivers.The card is an ATI
    > MOBILITY RADEON IGP 345M.
    > I've put the recovery disc in and tried to load the drivers that way,but
    > windows cannot find it.Iv'e searched the internet for a driver update but
    > cant find any.
    >
    > Does anyone know if there is a way to load the graphics drivers from the
    > recovery disc.
    > Any help would be most wellcome.

    Gart Drivers http://www2.ati.com/drivers/igp-gart-1009-1.exe
    Display driver