    in mind that my knowledge of it is somewhat limited.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.
    Emrys Davies, Sep 8, 2003

  2. Emrys Davies

    Stevo Guest

    Emrys Davies wrote:
    > I am trying to educate myself in the art of finding device drivers.
    >
    > My Display driver is an Ati XPERT98AGP2X(English) and is working
    > perfectly. I have been trying to find it on the Ati site, without
    > success.
    >
    > Would someone kindly guide me through the necessary procedure, bearing
    > in mind that my knowledge of it is somewhat limited.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Emrys Davies.

    Finding drivers for some hardware can be quite time consuming and
    frustrating.. particularly with smaller, obscure manufacturers..

    The first step is to correctly identify the hardware - either from a
    manufacturers code or possibly from an FCC ID.

    Another option is to Google for a driver using "XPERT+98+AGP+2X+Driver" for
    example, as the search text and see what turns up..

    The ATi site http://www.ati.com/products/multimedia.html has a link on the
    left for Product Identification and is the best place to start.

    In your case, I think the ATi 'name' for the product is something like
    "XPERT@Play™ 98 AGP"

    From http://www.ati.com/companyinfo/press/1998/4101.html it is known that
    the card uses the Rage Pro chipset and with that information a browse
    through the drivers and software section should turn up the correct driver
    for you..

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)
    Stevo, Sep 8, 2003

  3. Emrys Davies

    Stevo Guest

    Stevo wrote:

    > Finding drivers for some hardware can be quite time consuming and
    > frustrating.. particularly with smaller, obscure manufacturers..
    >
    > The first step is to correctly identify the hardware - either from a
    > manufacturers code or possibly from an FCC ID.

    My apologies, I forgot to give this URL...

    http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid/..

    Stevo, Sep 8, 2003
  4. Emrys Davies

    DanOne Guest

    " Emrys Davies" <> wrote
    in message
    erlin.de...
    | I am trying to educate myself in the
    art of finding device drivers.

    | My Display driver is an Ati
    XPERT98AGP2X(English) and is working
    | perfectly. I have been trying to find
    it on the Ati site, without
    | success.
    |
    | Would someone kindly guide me through
    the necessary procedure, bearing
    | in mind that my knowledge of it is
    somewhat limited.

    | Regards,
    | Emrys Davies.

    Why would you need drivers if it works
    perfectly?
    DanOne, Sep 8, 2003
  5. Emrys Davies

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Emrys Davies tried to scribble ...

    > I am trying to educate myself in the art of finding device drivers.
    >
    > My Display driver is an Ati XPERT98AGP2X(English) and is working
    > perfectly. I have been trying to find it on the Ati site, without
    > success.
    >
    > Would someone kindly guide me through the necessary procedure, bearing
    > in mind that my knowledge of it is somewhat limited.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Emrys Davies.

    http://www.drivershq.com/Main.asp
    http://www.rosyscomputers.com/drivers.htm
    http://www.drivers.com/

    Have all been (for me) useful driver sources. They do also offer a certain
    amount of help when looking for more obscure drivers as well .. ;)

    --
    .............................Paul - xxx
    Seti 1947 wu in 14832 hours
    Paul - xxx, Sep 8, 2003
  6. Emrys Davies

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 11:32:55 +0100, B.Al.Zeebub witnessed another prime example of Darwinism when he read:

    > My Display driver is an Ati XPERT98AGP2X(English)

    A search of the Ati website came up with this.

    http://tinyurl.com/mmb4

    Then this:

    http://tinyurl.com/mmba

    Take your pick...drivers listed for Win98, Win2000, WinME, NT 4.0
    B.Al.Zeebub, Sep 8, 2003
  7. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    'DanOne',

    Trust you to ask that. I said that I am trying to educate myself in the

    Emrys Davies, Sep 8, 2003
  8. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    Thanks everyone. This is my first introduction into drivers proper and
    you have done me proud.

    Having digested your advice, I finished up getting the relevant details
    from off my expansion cards and then searching 'Driver's Guide' with
    them.

    Pleasingly, I was successful when I found my way around that site but,
    thanks to you, I have had a good day.

    Thanks again.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.