    the back of the desktop PC. I have no idea what make of adapter it is,
    Belarc Advisor doesn't pick it up and there's no info on it either.

    Any ideas on ways of getting it to work?

    Trevor, Dec 30, 2008

  2. Trevor

    David B. Guest

    You'll have to take the card out and find out who makes it and get a model
    number to determine the driver you need.

    --

    ----
    Help Us Help You http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm

    David B., Dec 30, 2008

  3. Trevor

    Pavel A. Guest

    Trevor wrote:
    > Trying to fix up an old computer a long way from home. I have had to
    > reinstall XP and now the wireless adapter has a yellow ? in Device Manager
    > and hence doesn't work. It is the type you have to take the side of the PC
    > of and plug into the MoBo - sorry don't know the name - an aerial sticks out
    > the back of the desktop PC. I have no idea what make of adapter it is,
    > Belarc Advisor doesn't pick it up and there's no info on it either.
    >
    > Any ideas on ways of getting it to work?

    Ok, so it seems to be a PCI card.

    Can you click on that yellow ? in dev. manager,
    then Properties, Details, and select "Hardware IDs" on the top?
    Post the longest (topmost) string that shows up there, it should be like
    \PCI\VEN_xxxx&DEV_yyyy&SUBSYS_xxxxx ....

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Dec 30, 2008
  4. Trevor

    Trevor Guest

    Here is the number :

    PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_9066&SUBSYS_AB9013D1&REV_00\4&11CD5334&0&60F0

    Trevor, Dec 30, 2008
  5. Trevor

    Pavel A. Guest

    Trevor wrote:
    > Here is the number :
    >
    > PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_9066&SUBSYS_AB9013D1&REV_00\4&11CD5334&0&60F0

    Ok, this is a TI "TNETW1130" B/G PCI card.

    Google finds the following driver link:
    http://www.wireless-driver.com/download/other/TI-TNETW1130GVF-Chipset-Driver.htm

    It looks reasonable, but I haven't tried it, use on your own risk,
    or search for other download.

    Have a nice ski day :)
    --PA

    Pavel A., Dec 30, 2008