    connection to my network?

    Thanks in advance for any help,
    Bill

    Bill & Debbie, Jul 2, 2007

  2. Hi
    Writing the MAC address of a Device is optional, many devices that have MAC
    number does not have it written on them.
    DSL modem would not show a MAC address, but the Notebook network card must
    have MAC whether it is written on it or not.
    Run ipconfig on the laptop it would show its IP and MAC number,
    http://ezlan.net/ip_mac.html
    As for Wireless, make sure that your security is On and there would be No
    intrusions.
    From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security capacity is.
    No Security
    MAC
    WEP
    WPA-PSK
    WPA-AES
    WPA2
    Computers Card) should state the type of security that is available with
    your Wireless hardware.
    phrase.
    of one of the Wireless devices.
    device with a better one.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jul 2, 2007

  3. Bill & Debbie

    John Guest

    > When I look at the "Current DHCP Client Information" on my wireless router
    > (Buffalo WHR-HP-G54) it shows that an IP address has been assigned
    > (192.168.11.5) automatically to MAC 00:06:1B:C4:BC:F2. My network is
    > simple: DSL modem, Wireless Router, MIMO notebook adapter, Musical
    > bridge. The MAC for the router and musical bridge are written on the
    > devices and are not the one above. The DSL modem and notebook adapter do
    > not have a MAC address written on their devices. Would they even have a
    > MAC? If they have a MAC could it the one shown above? Could it be the
    > MAC of an intrusive connection to my network?

    All internet devices must have MAC addresses.

    Here is the data on the MAC address in question.