Finding deleted OE folder

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Livewire, Aug 24, 2004.

  1. Livewire

    Livewire Guest

    In article <cgf1g7$pq$>,
    says...
    > My wife has deleted a folder of my emails in OE, she was deleting the mail
    > but deleted the whole folder. Is there anyway I can get it back ???
    >
    > I have checked the recycle bin. Am I looking for the dbx files or similar.
    >
    > Many thanks in advance
    >
    > Steve

    Others might tell you where you can find it.

    If not, then a System Restore to a point before the folder was deleted
    should do the trick.

    Livewire, Aug 24, 2004

  2. Livewire

    Ionizer Guest

    Ionizer, Aug 24, 2004

  3. Livewire

    Ray Guest

    If she deleted the folder inside Outlook Express and it's not in the deleted
    items folder anymore then more than likely it's gone. Outlook Express
    stores all of the folders that you have created under the local folder as
    one file, so when you exit the program, the file gets written on all the
    time. That's why they usually tell you to be careful when deleting emails,
    once it's gone, it's gone.

    Steve, Aug 24, 2004
  5. Livewire

    Stevo Guest

    Steve wrote:
    > My wife has deleted a folder of my emails in OE, she was deleting the
    > mail but deleted the whole folder. Is there anyway I can get it back
    > ???
    >
    > I have checked the recycle bin. Am I looking for the dbx files or
    > similar.
    >
    > Many thanks in advance
    >
    > Steve

    Have you looked in the 'Deleted Items' folder in Outlook Express?

    Depending on whether the option to 'Empty Messages from Deleted Items Folder
    on Exit' is set or not, under Tools | Options | Maintenance it may still be
    there.

    If it isn't, you could try searching for 'the deleted folder name.dbx".. it
    will be in your OE store folder (Tools | Options | Maintenance - Store
    Folder Button) if it is there at all...

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    Stevo, Aug 24, 2004
  6. Livewire

    Silly Billy Guest

    You can try in here
    C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Identities\{4F450966-0C8D-4CE3-9EBF-52668C644CD1}\Microsoft\Outlook
    Express
    Might find it.

    Silly Billy, Aug 24, 2004