    Is there anyway to find the date of last update for a website if it is not
    posted on the website??

    Thanks Joshua

    Josh, Nov 27, 2005

  2. Josh wrote:
    > Is there anyway to find the date of last update for a website if it is not
    > posted on the website??
    >
    > Thanks Joshua

    You can look through the source text using View > Source. May or may not
    be there. Or write to the webmaster who probably won't remember.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 27, 2005

  3. Josh

    Josh Guest

    Thanks again

    Josh, Nov 27, 2005
  4. Josh

    Plato Guest

    Josh wrote:

    > Is there anyway to find the date of last update for a website if it is not
    > posted on the website??

    No.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Nov 27, 2005
  5. Josh

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 03:29:32 GMT, Josh wrote:

    >Is there anyway to find the date of last update for a website if it is not
    >posted on the website??
    >
    >Thanks Joshua

    Not for a site , but perhaps on a page by page basis if it's not cached.

    http://www.samspade.org/ssw/download.html

    Enter URL, and click the web button.

    For the above page, last modified line.

    11/27/05 11:28:46 Browsing http://www.samspade.org/ssw/download.html
    Fetching http://www.samspade.org/ssw/download.html ...
    GET /ssw/download.html HTTP/1.1
    Host: www.samspade.org
    Connection: close
    Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:24:21 GMT
    Server: Apache/1.3.29 (Unix)
    Last-Modified: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 16:46:09 GMT

    Another way would be perl and www library routines to scan through a
    site and read the same information.

    Me

    why?, Nov 27, 2005