    and M cards, but the newer C-60 isn't. Can anyone out there offer some
    suggestions ???

    Thanks in advance.............

    willx34, Feb 27, 2007

  2. willx34

    Rich Guest

    On Feb 27, 5:58 pm, "willx34" <> wrote:
    > I have an Olympus C-60 Zoom camera that is only a few years old, but I can't
    > seem to find a 512MB memory card that is not one of the newer M512 or H512
    > cards. The H and M cards are not compatible with my C-60. I've tried
    > BestBuy, OfficeMax, CompUSA - they all claim to have the regular 512MB card,
    > but when I order one, they send either the M512 or H512 card and I have to
    > return them. OlympusAmerica Customer Service doesn't have any answers, and
    > they can't even explain why the older C-50 Zoom is upgradable to the new H
    > and M cards, but the newer C-60 isn't. Can anyone out there offer some
    > suggestions ???
    >
    > Thanks in advance.............

    F--- Olympus AND Sony for their stupid, proprietary memory. I'm in
    the same boat.
    At least lots of vendors made Smart Media until it disappeared. Fuji
    also makes x-D, but
    they aren't nearly as common as CF and SD.

    Rich, Feb 27, 2007

  3. willx34

    ray Guest

    On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 22:58:50 +0000, willx34 wrote:

    > I have an Olympus C-60 Zoom camera that is only a few years old, but I can't
    > seem to find a 512MB memory card that is not one of the newer M512 or H512
    > cards. The H and M cards are not compatible with my C-60. I've tried
    > BestBuy, OfficeMax, CompUSA - they all claim to have the regular 512MB card,
    > but when I order one, they send either the M512 or H512 card and I have to
    > return them. OlympusAmerica Customer Service doesn't have any answers, and
    > they can't even explain why the older C-50 Zoom is upgradable to the new H
    > and M cards, but the newer C-60 isn't. Can anyone out there offer some
    > suggestions ???
    >
    > Thanks in advance.............

    Get another camera that doesn't use a proprietary card format?

    ray, Feb 28, 2007
  4. willx34

    Bucky Guest

    On Feb 27, 2:58 pm, "willx34" <> wrote:
    > I've tried
    > BestBuy, OfficeMax, CompUSA - they all claim to have the regular 512MB card,
    > but when I order one, they send either the M512 or H512 card and I have to
    > return them.

    Try direct from Sandisk, they better know what they're talking about:
    http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Catalog(1041)-SanDisk_xDPicture_Card.aspx

    But it's going to be pretty expensive since the demand for that is so
    low.

    Bucky, Feb 28, 2007
  5. willx34 wrote:
    > I have an Olympus C-60 Zoom camera that is only a few years old, but I can't
    > seem to find a 512MB memory card that is not one of the newer M512 or H512
    > cards. The H and M cards are not compatible with my C-60. I've tried
    > BestBuy, OfficeMax, CompUSA - they all claim to have the regular 512MB card,
    > but when I order one, they send either the M512 or H512 card and I have to
    > return them. OlympusAmerica Customer Service doesn't have any answers, and
    > they can't even explain why the older C-50 Zoom is upgradable to the new H
    > and M cards, but the newer C-60 isn't. Can anyone out there offer some
    > suggestions ???
    >
    > Thanks in advance.............

    I have regular XD 512 MB in stock.

    GalaxyCamera.com

    Not Disclosed, Feb 28, 2007
  6. willx34

    David Wright Guest

    In article <KI2Fh.3738$>, willx34
    <> writes
    >I have an Olympus C-60 Zoom camera that is only a few years old, but I can't
    >seem to find a 512MB memory card that is not one of the newer M512 or H512
    >cards. The H and M cards are not compatible with my C-60. I've tried
    >BestBuy, OfficeMax, CompUSA - they all claim to have the regular 512MB card,
    >but when I order one, they send either the M512 or H512 card and I have to
    >return them. OlympusAmerica Customer Service doesn't have any answers, and
    >they can't even explain why the older C-50 Zoom is upgradable to the new H
    >and M cards, but the newer C-60 isn't. Can anyone out there offer some
    >suggestions ???
    >
    >Thanks in advance.............

    This is rather strange. I have an Olympus C-60 Zoom serial number
    183511007 Made in China. I just took out its normal 128Mb card and tried
    a 1Gb Olympus Type H which normally lives in a Fuji A605. The card works
    perfectly and the lcd tells me it will yield 702 HQ images at 2816x2112
    pixels.
    --
    David Wright

    David Wright, Feb 28, 2007
  7. willx34

    willx34 Guest

    Thanks - sounds like it's worth a try. OlympusAmerica product support said
    I'd just get a "card error" message if I used the M or H cards.

    Damn, I could just kick myself for ever parting with my Polaroid "Swinger"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polaroid_Swinger

    Willx34

    willx34, Feb 28, 2007