    I recall a web site where it asks you questions about what the fonts looks
    like and eventually gives you either the font name or a close match.

    Does anyone know what this web site may be?

    Evil T, Nov 8, 2004

  2. Evil T wrote:

    > I'm searching for a font I used a while ago in a rollover GIF but can't
    > remember the name.
    >
    > I recall a web site where it asks you questions about what the fonts looks
    > like and eventually gives you either the font name or a close match.
    >
    > Does anyone know what this web site may be?

    This may or may not apply. If you posted a sample to a binary group or
    gave a link to an example of the font, either I or someone else could
    probably help you.

    http://www.font-finder.com/fonts.html

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 8, 2004

  3. Evil T

    Evil T Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Evil T wrote:
    >
    >> I'm searching for a font I used a while ago in a rollover GIF but can't
    >> remember the name.
    >>
    >> I recall a web site where it asks you questions about what the fonts
    >> looks like and eventually gives you either the font name or a close
    >> match.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know what this web site may be?

    > This may or may not apply. If you posted a sample to a binary group or
    > gave a link to an example of the font, either I or someone else could
    > probably help you.
    >
    > http://www.font-finder.com/fonts.html

    Here's a link to the file. http://www.selifesavers.co.uk/font.jpg

    I'll have a look through the link you gave.

    Thanks!

    Evil T, Nov 8, 2004
  4. Evil T wrote:

    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >> Evil T wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm searching for a font I used a while ago in a rollover GIF but can't
    >>> remember the name.
    >>>
    >>> I recall a web site where it asks you questions about what the fonts
    >>> looks like and eventually gives you either the font name or a close
    >>> match.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know what this web site may be?

    >> This may or may not apply. If you posted a sample to a binary group or
    >> gave a link to an example of the font, either I or someone else could
    >> probably help you.
    >>
    >> http://www.font-finder.com/fonts.html

    > Here's a link to the file. http://www.selifesavers.co.uk/font.jpg
    >
    > I'll have a look through the link you gave.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Not much to go on. It looks like one of the standard monospaced
    typewriter-like fonts, e.g. Courier, etc. You might try googling for
    "monospace fonts" ... after, that is, you look around on your own Box to
    see if one of the monospaced fonts you have might fill the bill.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Nov 8, 2004
  5. Evil T

    Evil T Guest

    "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > Evil T wrote:
    >

    >> "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message

    >> <snip>

    >> Here's a link to the file. http://www.selifesavers.co.uk/font.jpg
    >>
    >> I'll have a look through the link you gave.
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    > Not much to go on. It looks like one of the standard monospaced
    > typewriter-like fonts, e.g. Courier, etc. You might try googling for
    > "monospace fonts" ... after, that is, you look around on your own Box to
    > see if one of the monospaced fonts you have might fill the bill.

    <snip>

    Thanks, my own machine has been reformatted since then.

    I've removed the colouring behind it, so only the black writing is on the
    image link below.

    The font is too complicated to be courier, it's a non standard one on a
    Windows OS.

    www.selifesavers.co.uk/font2.jpg

    Evil T, Nov 8, 2004
  6. Evil T wrote:
    > I'm searching for a font I used a while ago in a rollover GIF but can't
    > remember the name.

    > I recall a web site where it asks you questions about what the fonts looks
    > like and eventually gives you either the font name or a close match.

    > Does anyone know what this web site may be?

    http://www.identifont.com

    Use the "Identify a font" link, and answer a series of quesitons that
    will narrow down the fonts to a group which may contain the one you are
    looking for.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Blue

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 9, 2004
  7. Evil T wrote:
    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Evil T wrote:
    >>

    >>>I'm searching for a font I used a while ago in a rollover GIF but can't
    >>>remember the name.
    >>>
    >>>I recall a web site where it asks you questions about what the fonts
    >>>looks like and eventually gives you either the font name or a close
    >>>match.
    >>>
    >>>Does anyone know what this web site may be?

    >>This may or may not apply. If you posted a sample to a binary group or
    >>gave a link to an example of the font, either I or someone else could
    >>probably help you.
    >>
    >>http://www.font-finder.com/fonts.html

    > Here's a link to the file. http://www.selifesavers.co.uk/font.jpg
    >
    > I'll have a look through the link you gave.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Haven't found the exact one. Here's some similar ones:
    http://www.fontpool.com/fonts/coniglio/passport.html
    http://www.fontpool.com/fonts/ef/mono.html
    http://www.free-typewriter-fonts.com/Fonts.html (Typewriter Oldstyle
    looks closest)
    http://www.vintagetype.com/vintagetypewriter/

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 9, 2004
  8. Evil T wrote:

    > The font is too complicated to be courier, it's a non standard one on a
    > Windows OS.

    I think that what you are seeing as "complexity" is only intentional
    blurring of the letters to resemble the print from a manual typewriter with
    dirty type bars, which tends to fill in the inside of letters and smudge
    their outlines. Others have pointed you in various directions which should
    prove productive; this is just a data point for you. :)
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Nov 9, 2004
  9. Evil T

    Evil T Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Evil T wrote:
    >> I'm searching for a font I used a while ago in a rollover GIF but can't
    >> remember the name.

    >> I recall a web site where it asks you questions about what the fonts
    >> looks
    >> like and eventually gives you either the font name or a close match.

    >> Does anyone know what this web site may be?

    > http://www.identifont.com
    >
    > Use the "Identify a font" link, and answer a series of quesitons that
    > will narrow down the fonts to a group which may contain the one you are
    > looking for.
    >
    > --
    > Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    >
    > Go Blue

    That's the site!! Brilliant, thanks Blinky!! :)

    Evil T, Nov 9, 2004
  10. Evil T

    Evil T Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Evil T wrote:
    >> "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message

    >>>This may or may not apply. If you posted a sample to a binary group or
    >>>gave a link to an example of the font, either I or someone else could
    >>>probably help you.
    >>>
    >>>http://www.font-finder.com/fonts.html

    >> Here's a link to the file. http://www.selifesavers.co.uk/font.jpg
    >>
    >> I'll have a look through the link you gave.
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    > Haven't found the exact one. Here's some similar ones:
    > http://www.fontpool.com/fonts/coniglio/passport.html
    > http://www.fontpool.com/fonts/ef/mono.html
    > http://www.free-typewriter-fonts.com/Fonts.html (Typewriter Oldstyle looks
    > closest)
    > http://www.vintagetype.com/vintagetypewriter/

    Excellent, thank you!!

    Evil T, Nov 9, 2004
  11. Evil T

    > Evil T wrote:
    >
    >> The font is too complicated to be courier, it's a non standard one on a
    >> Windows OS.

    > I think that what you are seeing as "complexity" is only intentional
    > blurring of the letters to resemble the print from a manual typewriter
    > with
    > dirty type bars, which tends to fill in the inside of letters and smudge
    > their outlines. Others have pointed you in various directions which should
    > prove productive; this is just a data point for you. :)
    > --
    > Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    > gary at donavan dot org / http:// geetee dot donavan dot org
    > "The two most abundant things in the universe
    > are hydrogen and stupidity." --Harlan Ellison

    Thanks Gary! :)

    Evil T, Nov 9, 2004
  12. Evil T wrote:

    >> http://www.identifont.com

    >> Use the "Identify a font" link, and answer a series of quesitons that
    >> will narrow down the fonts to a group which may contain the one you are
    >> looking for.

    > That's the site!! Brilliant, thanks Blinky!! :)

    YW.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 9, 2004