    Can anybody suggest how to find out more about it?
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Mar 19, 2010

  2. Per (PeteCresswell):
    >Only thing I can think of that I've installed recently is a Davis
    >wireless weather station console

    Oops. I lied: also hooked up a LogiTech Squeezebox (internet
    radio). But that device is accounted for: pingable, present in
    the router's explicit address list, and so-on.

    I'm assuming that the problem device must be an actual piece of
    hardware, since it has a MAC address. Bad assumption?
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Mar 19, 2010

  3. (PeteCresswell)

    Lem Guest

    (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > Per (PeteCresswell):
    >> Only thing I can think of that I've installed recently is a Davis
    >> wireless weather station console

    > Oops. I lied: also hooked up a LogiTech Squeezebox (internet
    > radio). But that device is accounted for: pingable, present in
    > the router's explicit address list, and so-on.
    >
    > I'm assuming that the problem device must be an actual piece of
    > hardware, since it has a MAC address. Bad assumption?

    If you can see its MAC address, you can find out the manufacturer (which
    might help identify it):
    http://aruljohn.com/mac.pl
    http://www.coffer.com/mac_find/

    --
    Lem

    Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:

    Lem, Mar 19, 2010
  4. Hi
    Download and run this free application.
    Pull its Option menu and configure it to provide max, info.
    Run it and give it a minute to do its thing.
    It might provide better info about all networked devices.
    http://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Mar 19, 2010
  5. (PeteCresswell), Mar 19, 2010
  6. Per Jack [MVP-Networking]:
    >Download and run this free application.
    >Pull its Option menu and configure it to provide max, info.
    >Run it and give it a minute to do its thing.
    >It might provide better info about all networked devices.
    >http://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/
    >Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Did it. Presents a useful list to compare against the router's
    DHCP reservation table.

    Thanks.
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Mar 19, 2010
  7. Hi
    You can also add to Netscan the oui.txt and configure it to id the
    manufacturers of the Network cards.
    http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/oui.txt.

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Mar 20, 2010