    Jones resume.doc
    resume for Smith.doc
    resume- Wilson.doc
    Felony Bob, Jun 11, 2007

  2. Felony Bob

    Guest

    "Felony Bob" <bob@fedpen> wrote:

    >Running WIN XP Pro SP2 updated.
    >
    >I want to find and delete all filenames that contain the word "resume" in a
    >folder that has several hindered files-- some with that word in the filename
    >and some that don't have it.
    >
    >"Resume" is not necessarily the first word in the file name so just sorting
    >by alpha won't work.
    >
    >The target filenames include things like:
    >Jones resume.doc
    >resume for Smith.doc
    >resume- Wilson.doc

    There are many ways to do this

    with the Find utility: resume*.doc, *resume.doc
    ( * = means anything after or before)

    The DOS Find Command
    C:\temp>find /?
    Searches for a text string in a file or files.

    FIND [/V] [/C] [/N] [/I] [/OFF[LINE]] "string"
    [[drive:][path]filename[ ...]]

    And Agent Ransack http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/

    --

    http://www.knuttz.net/hosted_pages/Beautiful-Faces-20070507
    , Jun 11, 2007

  3. Felony Bob

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Felony Bob wrote:
    > Running WIN XP Pro SP2 updated.
    >
    > I want to find and delete all filenames that contain the word "resume" in a
    > folder that has several hindered files-- some with that word in the filename
    > and some that don't have it.
    >
    > "Resume" is not necessarily the first word in the file name so just sorting
    > by alpha won't work.
    >
    > The target filenames include things like:
    > Jones resume.doc
    > resume for Smith.doc
    > resume- Wilson.doc

    Click Start
    Click Search
    Click All Files and Folders
    Enter resume in the box labeled "All or part of the file name"
    In the Look in drop down select the folder containing the files.
    Click Search
    Select the files in the results and delete.
    Desk Rabbit, Jun 11, 2007
  4. Felony Bob

    Felony Bob Guest

    "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    > Felony Bob wrote:
    >> Running WIN XP Pro SP2 updated.
    >>
    >> I want to find and delete all filenames that contain the word "resume" in
    >> a folder that has several hindered files-- some with that word in the
    >> filename and some that don't have it.
    >>
    >> "Resume" is not necessarily the first word in the file name so just
    >> sorting by alpha won't work.
    >>
    >> The target filenames include things like:
    >> Jones resume.doc
    >> resume for Smith.doc
    >> resume- Wilson.doc

    > Click Start
    > Click Search
    > Click All Files and Folders
    > Enter resume in the box labeled "All or part of the file name"
    > In the Look in drop down select the folder containing the files.
    > Click Search
    > Select the files in the results and delete.

    Nice and easy too...thanks.
    Felony Bob, Jun 11, 2007
  5. Felony Bob

    Felony Bob Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "Felony Bob" <bob@fedpen> wrote:
    >
    >>Running WIN XP Pro SP2 updated.
    >>
    >>I want to find and delete all filenames that contain the word "resume" in
    >>folder that has several hindered files-- some with that word in the
    >>filename
    >>and some that don't have it.
    >>
    >>"Resume" is not necessarily the first word in the file name so just
    >>sorting
    >>by alpha won't work.
    >>
    >>The target filenames include things like:
    >>Jones resume.doc
    >>resume for Smith.doc
    >>resume- Wilson.doc
    >>

    > There are many ways to do this
    >
    > with the Find utility: resume*.doc, *resume.doc
    > ( * = means anything after or before)
    >
    > The DOS Find Command
    > C:\temp>find /?
    > Searches for a text string in a file or files.
    >
    > FIND [/V] [/C] [/N] [/I] [/OFF[LINE]] "string"
    > [[drive:][path]filename[ ...]]
    >
    > And Agent Ransack http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/

    Great, thanks...
    Felony Bob, Jun 11, 2007