Find out your internet IP Address here, its FREE

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by FreewareTown.com, Aug 29, 2004.

  1. FreewareTown.com, Aug 29, 2004

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 29, 2004

  3. FreewareTown.com

    ConsumerInfo Guest

    On 28 Aug 2004 20:51:21 -0700,
    (FreewareTown.com) wrote:

    >Find out your internet IP Address here, its FREE
    >http://www.sharewareisland.com/myip.asp

    THANKS! I could never figure out how to click my connection icon,
    then go to 'details'.

    ConsumerInfo, Aug 29, 2004
  4. ConsumerInfo wrote:

    > On 28 Aug 2004 20:51:21 -0700,
    > (FreewareTown.com) wrote:
    >
    >>Find out your internet IP Address here, its FREE
    >>http://www.sharewareisland.com/myip.asp

    > THANKS! I could never figure out how to click my connection icon,
    > then go to 'details'.

    Sometimes pc's are behind a router.
    Well, anyways, www.grc.com will do that and even more - if you ignore the
    advertisements for zonealarm, of course :).
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.8reiser4pkt [LinuxCounter#295241]

    Walter Mautner, Aug 29, 2004
  5. FreewareTown.com

    xmp Guest

    xmp, Aug 29, 2004
  6. FreewareTown.com

    Linda Guest

    Linda, Aug 29, 2004
  7. (FreewareTown.com) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Find out your internet IP Address here, its FREE
    > http://www.sharewareisland.com/myip.asp

    For winblows... Cant you just go to a dos window and type:
    ipconfig

    or if you have a complicated config, maybe:
    ipconfig /all

    ....and you dont even have to d/l & install squat :p

    Timothy Timbrook, Aug 29, 2004
  8. FreewareTown.com

    Hamman Guest

    > Find out your internet IP Address here, its FREE
    > http://www.sharewareisland.com/myip.asp

    Interesting. They chose to code the page in ASP, when PHP whould have gotten
    the IP address with a single line of code...

    hamman

    Hamman, Aug 29, 2004
  9. The reason this is better then ipconfig or clicking some icon cause it
    will tell you your internet ip address, and that is the one you need
    if u want to connect to someone using net meeting or remote pc or
    whatever. I dont think a 192.x.x.x ip address would do much for you
    then.

    there are some other cool online tools there too, Free Network Tools -
    Random Password Generator - Link Counter - Hit Counter.
    http://www.sharewareisland.com/onlinetools.asp

    FreewareTown.com, Aug 30, 2004
  10. FreewareTown.com

    xmp Guest

    FreewareTown.com wrote:

    > The reason this is better then ipconfig or clicking some icon cause it
    > will tell you your internet ip address, and that is the one you need
    > if u want to connect to someone using net meeting or remote pc or
    > whatever. I dont think a 192.x.x.x ip address would do much for you
    > then.

    Exactly, many home LAN's use private address space. The computers do
    not know the WAN IP. You can usually get that IP via the web admin of
    the router.

    Proxies will affect the IP addy that the website sees. To circumvent
    this, use SSL or a protocol that's not proxied e.g. FTP.

    michael

    xmp, Aug 30, 2004
  11. FreewareTown.com

    george Guest

    "xmp" <> wrote in message
    > FreewareTown.com wrote:
    >
    > > The reason this is better then ipconfig or clicking some icon cause it
    > > will tell you your internet ip address, and that is the one you need
    > > if u want to connect to someone using net meeting or remote pc or
    > > whatever. I dont think a 192.x.x.x ip address would do much for you
    > > then.

    > Exactly, many home LAN's use private address space. The computers do
    > not know the WAN IP. You can usually get that IP via the web admin of
    > the router.
    >
    > Proxies will affect the IP addy that the website sees. To circumvent
    > this, use SSL or a protocol that's not proxied e.g. FTP.
    >
    > michael

    http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/Your.Current.Internet.Information

    George Girard, Programmer/FiddlerArounder,
    Your Current Internet Information can be found here:
    http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/Your.Current.Internet.Information
    http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/Dns.Whois.Nslookup

    george, Sep 1, 2004