    Is it possible to find out the web hosting company of the web site that
    posted inappropriate personal information?

    Thanks
    a, Jul 19, 2007

  2. "a" <> (07-07-18 23:18:09):

    > Is it possible to find out the web hosting company of the web site
    > that posted inappropriate personal information?

    Most likely yes, by doing a whois lookup [1] for the domain name.

    Regards,
    Ertugrul Söylemez.

    --
    Security is the one concept, which makes things in your life stay as
    they are. Otto is a man, who is afraid of changes in his life; so
    Ertugrul Soeylemez, Jul 19, 2007

  3. a wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Is it possible to find out the web hosting company of the web site that
    > posted inappropriate personal information?
    >
    > Thanks

    FWIW:

    I'm a rank amateur and usually the net *recipient* of more advice than I'm qualified to give, but
    here is a place you might get started: http://openrbl.org/ I haven't used it for a long time, and
    in fact don't have the smarts to use all the stuff it can do, but I think you can find the IP
    address of the web page and it will tell you who the other players are. I think. I used it trying
    to track why emails from a site were being blocked. Never tried it with a web site.

    Chuck
    Gualtier Malde, Jul 19, 2007