    disappear.
    Seems easy, but I can't find the answer. TIA.

    , Mar 13, 2005

  2. Roland Guest

    On 13-3-2005 18:59, wrote:

    > Is there a way to keep the Find dialog at the bottom of the window open
    > all the time? If Find is opened, closing and reopening the browser makes it
    > disappear.
    > Seems easy, but I can't find the answer. TIA.

    Add the following lines to the file 'userChrome.css'. This file is
    located (or must be created) in the subfolder named 'chrome' in your
    profile folder (for editing 'userChrome.css', see
    <http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit>):

    /* Always display Find Toolbar */
    #FindToolbar {
    display: -moz-box !important;
    }

    These lines make the Find Toolbar unclosable, so it may be wise to
    remove the close button too, with the following lines:

    /* Hide Close button on the Find Toolbar */
    #find-closebutton {
    display: none !important;
    }

    After editing userChrome.css, you have to restart Firefox.
    [Tested with Firefox 1.0.1/Win2000]
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \

    Roland, Mar 13, 2005

  3. Guest

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:58:24 +0100, Roland <> wrote:

    >On 13-3-2005 18:59, wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a way to keep the Find dialog at the bottom of the window open
    >> all the time? If Find is opened, closing and reopening the browser makes it
    >> disappear.
    >> Seems easy, but I can't find the answer. TIA.

    >Add the following lines to the file 'userChrome.css'. This file is
    >located (or must be created) in the subfolder named 'chrome' in your
    >profile folder (for editing 'userChrome.css', see
    ><http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit>):
    >
    >/* Always display Find Toolbar */
    >#FindToolbar {
    > display: -moz-box !important;
    >}
    >
    >These lines make the Find Toolbar unclosable, so it may be wise to
    >remove the close button too, with the following lines:
    >
    >/* Hide Close button on the Find Toolbar */
    >#find-closebutton {
    > display: none !important;
    >}
    >
    >After editing userChrome.css, you have to restart Firefox.
    >[Tested with Firefox 1.0.1/Win2000]

    Thanks. Was hoping for an about:config setting, but I'll take what I can. <g>

    , Mar 13, 2005
  4. MikeK Guest

    Re: Find dialog. How To Disable?

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:59:18 -0500, wrote:

    > Is there a way to keep the Find dialog at the bottom of the window open
    >all the time? If Find is opened, closing and reopening the browser makes it
    >disappear.
    > Seems easy, but I can't find the answer. TIA.

    I would like to disable the Find dialog at the bottom of the window,
    it keeps opening when I try to enter info in logons or website
    searches. Anyone have a way?

    Mike

    MikeK, Mar 13, 2005