    Furthermore, is any of them better suited for high latency
    connections? (I'm on a CDMA450 connection.)

    Thanks a lot
    BigBen, Mar 10, 2006

  2. BigBen

    Franc Zabkar Guest

    On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 20:13:51 GMT, (BigBen) put
    finger to keyboard and composed:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >VoIP Cheap, Buster, Internetcalls, VoipStunt, Net Appel, you name it,
    >seem be all from the same guys - Finarea.
    >
    >Slight price diferences, and charging currencies aside, are there any
    >technical diferences between these services?
    >
    >Are the respectivce hosts servers located in diferent places, and
    >therefore could i possibly be better served by one instead of another,
    >depending on my location (and my ISPs connections)?
    >
    >Furthermore, is any of them better suited for high latency
    >connections? (I'm on a CDMA450 connection.)
    >
    >Thanks a lot

    I use the X-lite softphone with all except Net Appel. I've had to use
    different account names with each company because all accounts appear
    to be held by one central provider, sipdiscount.com. For all except
    VoIPBuster, the domain name is sipdiscount.com, while the respective
    SIP proxies are sip.provider_name.com.

    - Franc Zabkar
    Franc Zabkar, Mar 11, 2006

  3. BigBen

    BigBen Guest

    On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:25:57 +1100, Franc Zabkar
    <> wrote:

    >I use the X-lite softphone with all except Net Appel. I've had to use
    >different account names with each company because all accounts appear
    >to be held by one central provider, sipdiscount.com. For all except

    How do you manage to change accounts in X-lite? I've trying to change
    account details, possibly adding more than one account in X-lite, but
    could not find the way to do it...

    TIA
    jbr
    BigBen, Mar 12, 2006
  4. BigBen

    Franc Zabkar Guest

    On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 11:59:17 GMT, (BigBen) put
    finger to keyboard and composed:

    >On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:25:57 +1100, Franc Zabkar
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I use the X-lite softphone with all except Net Appel. I've had to use
    >>different account names with each company because all accounts appear
    >>to be held by one central provider, sipdiscount.com. For all except

    >How do you manage to change accounts in X-lite? I've trying to change
    >account details, possibly adding more than one account in X-lite, but
    >could not find the way to do it...
    >
    >TIA
    >jbr

    Add each account as a new Sip Proxy in System Settings.

    Be aware that X-lite will register with a maximum of two Finarea
    providers at any one time. You need to disable all other sip proxies.
    This limitation is imposed by sipdiscount, not X-lite.

    - Franc Zabkar
    Franc Zabkar, Mar 12, 2006
  5. BigBen

    <> wrote:

    >to be held by one central provider, sipdiscount.com. For all except
    >VoIPBuster, the domain name is sipdiscount.com, while the respective
    >SIP proxies are sip.provider_name.com.

    So, the SIP proxy for www.internetcalls.com would be
    sip.internetcalls.com?

    jbr
    BigBen, Mar 12, 2006
  6. BigBen

    BigBen Guest

    On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 08:34:08 +1100, Franc Zabkar
    <> wrote:

    >Add each account as a new Sip Proxy in System Settings.

    How do you switch from one provider to another??

    jbr
    BigBen, Mar 12, 2006
  7. Thus spaketh BigBen:
    > On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 08:34:08 +1100, Franc Zabkar
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Add each account as a new Sip Proxy in System Settings.

    > How do you switch from one provider to another??
    >
    > jbr

    right click and choose the "proxy" (account) you wish to dial out on or prefix
    with #proxy number eg) #1 or #2

    --
    For £10 when referred to easyMobile contact me via
    www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Mar 13, 2006
  8. BigBen

    Franc Zabkar Guest

    On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 23:46:23 GMT, (BigBen) put
    finger to keyboard and composed:

    >On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:25:57 +1100, Franc Zabkar
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>to be held by one central provider, sipdiscount.com. For all except
    >>VoIPBuster, the domain name is sipdiscount.com, while the respective
    >>SIP proxies are sip.provider_name.com.

    >So, the SIP proxy for www.internetcalls.com would be
    >sip.internetcalls.com?

    That's what I've been using.

    - Franc Zabkar
    Franc Zabkar, Mar 13, 2006
  9. BigBen

    BigBen Guest

    On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 00:24:13 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

    >right click and choose the "proxy" (account) you wish to dial out on or prefix
    >with #proxy number eg) #1 or #2

    ok, thanks!

    jbr
    BigBen, Mar 13, 2006