    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Sep 6, 2006

  2. Graham

    Turandot Guest

    "Graham" <> wrote in message
    news:edmud2$knm$...
    > OK, my credit with voipcheap.co.uk is down to 4p so it's time to jump ship
    > and go with
    > another clone that still offers free UK calls, but who?
    >
    > I need to decide tonight. I think I am going to go to voipcheap.com, does
    > that seem a sound decision?
    > (given that none of us have a crystal ball).
    >
    > --
    > Graham.
    > %Profound_observation%

    If most of your calls are to the "free" destinations, then voipstunt is a
    better choice as your credit is valid for 120 days instead of
    voipcheap.com's 90 days; Voipcheap.com is preferable if you also call UK
    mobile, its UK mobile rate is 9p, voipstunt's UK mobile rate is 14p.

    Turandot, Sep 6, 2006

  3. Graham

    Graham Guest

    > If most of your calls are to the "free" destinations, then voipstunt is a
    > better choice as your credit is valid for 120 days instead of
    > voipcheap.com's 90 days; Voipcheap.com is preferable if you also call UK
    > mobile, its UK mobile rate is 9p, voipstunt's UK mobile rate is 14p.

    Thanks for that I've gone and signed up with voipcheap.com
    8.09GBP inc VAT if anyone's interested.

    I should have mentioned my call mix and there will be some calls to mobiles
    so hopefully my credit will bottom out at or before 90 days.

    I made a couple of short 0800 calls to test the account after I had changed
    my Asterisk settings, and the buggers charged me 1p on each call!
    I will have to remember to use a different account for "free" calls.

    I will leave the voipcheap.co.uk account with the 4p credit in Asterisk
    so I can continue use the *very* memorable geo number they gave
    me for incoming calls. As the credit has no time limit I should be able
    to keep that number indefinitely?? What do you think?
    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Sep 6, 2006
  4. Graham

    Guest

    Graham wrote:

    > > If most of your calls are to the "free" destinations, then voipstunt is a
    > > better choice as your credit is valid for 120 days instead of
    > > voipcheap.com's 90 days; Voipcheap.com is preferable if you also call UK
    > > mobile, its UK mobile rate is 9p, voipstunt's UK mobile rate is 14p.

    > Thanks for that I've gone and signed up with voipcheap.com
    > 8.09GBP inc VAT if anyone's interested.
    >
    > I should have mentioned my call mix and there will be some calls to mobiles
    > so hopefully my credit will bottom out at or before 90 days.
    >
    > I made a couple of short 0800 calls to test the account after I had changed
    > my Asterisk settings, and the buggers charged me 1p on each call!
    > I will have to remember to use a different account for "free" calls.
    >
    > I will leave the voipcheap.co.uk account with the 4p credit in Asterisk
    > so I can continue use the *very* memorable geo number they gave
    > me for incoming calls. As the credit has no time limit I should be able
    > to keep that number indefinitely?? What do you think?
    > --
    >
    > Graham.
    > %Profound_observation%

    You can keep up to date on all of the groups offerings here:

    http://www.myvoipprovider.com/Free_VoIP/

    , Sep 6, 2006