Finally, the Canon G12 is officially anounced.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bruce, Sep 14, 2010.

  1. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    Bruce, Sep 14, 2010

  2. Bruce

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Sep 14, 2010

  3. Bruce

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On 14 Sep, 21:59, RichA <> wrote:
    > On Sep 14, 4:42 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    >
    > > Release date mid-October 2010, list $499.99.

    > >http://preview.tinyurl.com/32bam3r
    > > or:http://www.photographybay.com/2010/09/14/canon-powershot-g12-and-sx30...

    > > Looks like Canon copied the Nikon P7000.  ;-)

    > Overpriced P&S.  Anyone who buys it over a small, entry-level DSLR is
    > nuts.

    I wanted a 'small DSLR' but couldn't find one physically small enough
    to fit in my inside pocket, or one I could comfortably hold and
    operate with one hand.
    So I brought a G10, maybe today I'd get G12 for the same purpose.
    Or maybe I'd spend a little more and get a 'proper camera' and get my
    pocket enlarged ;-)
    In that case I'd be considering the D7 or D60.
    Then the more difficult task of lens(s) choice........

    But I agree about the price it does seem a little high but maybe it'll
    settle in a few months
    as they all tend to.

    Whisky-dave, Sep 15, 2010