    RichA Guest

    For Sony NEX users whose lenses are so awful they have to crop the
    edges off anyway. 4:3 by default!
    RichA, Jul 17, 2010

  2. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 14:47:50 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    wrote:
    >For Sony NEX users whose lenses are so awful they have to crop the
    >edges off anyway. 4:3 by default!

    Apparently the Sony NEX cameras and lenses are selling extremely well.
    Sony has also announced an HD camcorder that uses the same sensor and
    lens mount, and that is expected to be a huge seller.

    The only downside is that the success of the NEX series poses a very
    serious threat to the Sony Alpha DSLRs, whose sales appear to have
    have dropped sharply.
    Bruce, Jul 17, 2010

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Jul 17, 6:41 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 14:47:50 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >For Sony NEX users whose lenses are so awful they have to crop the
    > >edges off anyway.  4:3 by default!

    > Apparently the Sony NEX cameras and lenses are selling extremely well.
    > Sony has also announced an HD camcorder that uses the same sensor and
    > lens mount, and that is expected to be a huge seller.
    >
    > The only downside is that the success of the NEX series poses a very
    > serious threat to the Sony Alpha DSLRs, whose sales appear to have
    > have dropped sharply.

    Sounds a lot like m4/3rds and Olympus DSLRs.
    RichA, Jul 18, 2010