    Thank you all for you informative posts. I am hoping to be able to
    contribute some of my own in the future

    Ray

    rcrev, Aug 21, 2005

  2. On 21 Aug 2005 04:32:09 -0700, "rcrev" <> wrote:

    >I have lurked here and at the 35mm news group for years. I have always
    >gotten great insight and learned a lot. Now I wanted to share my joy.
    >
    >I just broke down and bought my first digicam a Rebel XT. After a bout
    >50 shots I am in love. I can't believe how freeing the instant ability
    >to see images and the lack of need for film actually is. I never
    >thought I would say this but I think I found a replacement for my Elan
    >7e.

    So you started chimping that quickly. There's no hope for you.

    "A combat photographer should be able to make you see the
    color of blood in black and white"

    David Douglas Duncan
    Speaking on why in Vietnam
    he worked only in black and white
    http://www.hrc.utexas.edu/exhibitions/online/ddd/

    John A. Stovall, Aug 21, 2005

  3. rcrev

    Paul Heslop Guest

    rcrev wrote:

    > I have lurked here and at the 35mm news group for years. I have always
    > gotten great insight and learned a lot. Now I wanted to share my joy.
    >
    > I just broke down and bought my first digicam a Rebel XT. After a bout
    > 50 shots I am in love. I can't believe how freeing the instant ability
    > to see images and the lack of need for film actually is. I never
    > thought I would say this but I think I found a replacement for my Elan
    > 7e.
    >
    > Thank you all for you informative posts. I am hoping to be able to
    > contribute some of my own in the future
    >
    > Ray

    good luck and enjoy!
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Aug 21, 2005
  4. rcrev

    Mike Warren Guest

    rcrev wrote:
    > I have lurked here and at the 35mm news group for years. I have always
    > gotten great insight and learned a lot. Now I wanted to share my joy.
    >
    > I just broke down and bought my first digicam a Rebel XT. After a bout
    > 50 shots I am in love. I can't believe how freeing the instant ability
    > to see images and the lack of need for film actually is. I never
    > thought I would say this but I think I found a replacement for my Elan
    > 7e.
    >
    > Thank you all for you informative posts. I am hoping to be able to
    > contribute some of my own in the future

    Now you've got the camera, may the *real* spending begin. :)

    -Mike

    Mike Warren, Aug 21, 2005
  5. rcrev

    rcrev Guest

    One of the advantages of working in the printing industry is I have a
    copy of PS 7 and a hefty PC. I have a Docucolor at work and a basic
    Epson inkjet at work I hope that will hold me until it's time to buy a
    big epson color printer

    Ray

    rcrev, Aug 21, 2005
  6. rcrev

    Mark² Guest

    "John A. Stovall" <> wrote in message
    > On 21 Aug 2005 04:32:09 -0700, "rcrev" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have lurked here and at the 35mm news group for years. I have always
    >>gotten great insight and learned a lot. Now I wanted to share my joy.
    >>
    >>I just broke down and bought my first digicam a Rebel XT. After a bout
    >>50 shots I am in love. I can't believe how freeing the instant ability
    >>to see images and the lack of need for film actually is. I never
    >>thought I would say this but I think I found a replacement for my Elan
    >>7e.

    > So you started chimping that quickly. There's no hope for you.

    That's not true chimping...

    Mark², Aug 22, 2005
  7. rcrev

    Mark² Guest

    "rcrev" <> wrote in message
    > One of the advantages of working in the printing industry is I have a
    > copy of PS 7 and a hefty PC. I have a Docucolor at work and a basic
    > Epson inkjet at work I hope that will hold me until it's time to buy a
    > big epson color printer
    >
    > Ray

    Ah...but it's those lenses that get 'em every time...

    Mark², Aug 22, 2005
  8. On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:54:29 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
    number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    >"John A. Stovall" <> wrote in message
    >> On 21 Aug 2005 04:32:09 -0700, "rcrev" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have lurked here and at the 35mm news group for years. I have always
    >>>gotten great insight and learned a lot. Now I wanted to share my joy.
    >>>
    >>>I just broke down and bought my first digicam a Rebel XT. After a bout
    >>>50 shots I am in love. I can't believe how freeing the instant ability
    >>>to see images and the lack of need for film actually is. I never
    >>>thought I would say this but I think I found a replacement for my Elan
    >>>7e.

    >> So you started chimping that quickly. There's no hope for you.

    >That's not true chimping...

    It's the first step to a life of chimping. Many chimpers started
    thinking they could take just one look...

    "Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
    They stood, and the earth's foundations stay;
    When God abandoned, these defended,
    And saved the sum of things for pay."

    "Epitaph on Army of Mercenaries"
    A.E. Houseman - 1914

    John A. Stovall, Aug 22, 2005
  9. rcrev

    > On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:54:29 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
    > number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >

    >>"John A. Stovall" <> wrote in message

    >>> So you started chimping that quickly. There's no hope for you.

    >>That's not true chimping...
    >>

    > It's the first step to a life of chimping. Many chimpers started
    > thinking they could take just one look...

    Ya, well in my book, TRUE chimping is only there when the peeker makes the
    excited, "Oooh-oooh-oooh" sounds, as they gaze at the image they just
    captured....just like a chimp makes.
    :)

    Mark², Aug 22, 2005