    not play in this new player as they did in the old one. Is there
    ANYTHING that can be done to make these playable (by either finalizing
    them elsewhere, copying files, etc)?

    Ratedr, Apr 12, 2006

  2. Ratedr

    maiet Guest

    yeah happens to me all the time, i find nero does the job, using the disc
    image setting.

    maiet, Apr 12, 2006

  3. Ratedr

    Ratedr Guest

    how does that work? do you mean when he originally makes the dvd or
    now to close it? and how do I do that?

    Ratedr, Apr 12, 2006
  4. Ratedr

    maiet Guest

    nero will copy a unfinalized disc, not make the original disc finalized.

    maiet, Apr 13, 2006
  5. Ratedr

    Ratedr Guest

    so does this mean I put the disc in...select copy dvd, and it will find
    the files on the original and copy them? or is there a method that I
    need to select like RAW or something?

    Ratedr, Apr 13, 2006
  6. Ratedr

    maiet Guest

    you have to select disc image, nero 6 has it.

    maiet, Apr 13, 2006
  7. Ratedr

    icetemp Guest

    nero 7 will do a better job. still will not finalize the disk, but it's
    a lot quicker than 6.

    icetemp, Apr 15, 2006
  8. Ratedr

    Ratedr Guest

    the point is Im looking to finalize these discs to play in a different
    player

    Ratedr, Apr 18, 2006
  9. Ratedr:

    > the point is Im looking to finalize these discs to play in a different

    Copy them from the DVD to a PC harddisk, then burn with DVD-burner on
    PC. Then you can get rid of extra folders as well, you can edit the
    IFO files (to correct aspect ratio and stuff). I always do this
    (record to DVD+RW, copy to PC, remove burner folders, write to DVD+R
    with booktype DVD-ROM). Then you will get higher compability too.
    --
    Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605

    Lars-Erik Østerud, Apr 18, 2006
  10. Ratedr

    Hebee Jeebes Guest

    With out the player that made them you have to copy them to the hard drive
    and reburn them, making sure they are finalized. It is a lot of work, but
    your only way.

    Hebee Jeebes, Apr 19, 2006
  11. Ratedr

    TheFug. Guest

    On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:42:10 -0700, "Hebee Jeebes" <>
    wrote:

    >With out the player that made them you have to copy them to the hard drive
    >and reburn them, making sure they are finalized. It is a lot of work, but
    >your only way.

    Isn't there some kind of serial number left in those files, or disc
    session, which make an unfinalized disc unique and can only be closed
    by the original dvd recorder, where it was original recorded on ?
    Did anybody close such a disc on his computer, or are these all good
    luck guesses ?
    -- The Fug

    TheFug., Apr 19, 2006
  12. Ratedr

    Jan B Guest

    On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 22:52:41 +0200, Lars-Erik Østerud <.@.> wrote:

    >Ratedr:
    >
    >> the point is Im looking to finalize these discs to play in a different

    >Copy them from the DVD to a PC harddisk, then burn with DVD-burner on
    >PC. Then you can get rid of extra folders as well, you can edit the
    >IFO files (to correct aspect ratio and stuff). I always do this
    >(record to DVD+RW, copy to PC, remove burner folders, write to DVD+R
    >with booktype DVD-ROM). Then you will get higher compability too.

    I don't think that will help OP with the unfinalised disc.
    The method works with +RW because those do not need finalising to be
    playable on a DVD-player.
    /Jan

    Jan B, Apr 20, 2006
  13. Ratedr

    Clarissa Guest

    "TheFug." <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:42:10 -0700, "Hebee Jeebes" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>With out the player that made them you have to copy them to the hard drive
    >>and reburn them, making sure they are finalized. It is a lot of work, but
    >>your only way.

    > Isn't there some kind of serial number left in those files, or disc
    > session, which make an unfinalized disc unique and can only be closed
    > by the original dvd recorder, where it was original recorded on ?
    > Did anybody close such a disc on his computer, or are these all good
    > luck guesses ?
    > -- The Fug

    I don't know if it will work with yours- but I had a cyberhome that quit
    and was going to junk the discs but accidentally put one in my new
    RCA and clicked "Record" and it recorded more on the disc-then
    I finalized it with the new recorded viideo along with the old one
    and it did finalize. I hope it works for you. Just add some more
    video onto the already recorded discs.

    Clarissa, May 5, 2006
  14. Ratedr

    Hebee Jeebes Guest

    Does the video from the old player play? Or, did the new player just treat
    the disc as if it was small and basically started all over? What about the
    menu? Does all of the video recorded show up or just the new?

    Hebee Jeebes, May 5, 2006