    the stand alone player that the data was recorded on?
    Sometimes my stand alone player won't finalise some disks.

    DVD247

    dvd247, Jul 31, 2007

  2. dvd247

    sandy58 Guest

    On Jul 31, 5:22 am, "dvd247" <> wrote:
    > Is there a way to Finalize a DVD on a PC or does it have to be finalized by
    > the stand alone player that the data was recorded on?
    > Sometimes my stand alone player won't finalise some disks.
    >
    > DVD247

    What software are you using? What are you making the DVD
    from? .avi, .mpeg? Or are you just duplicating a "bought" DVD? You
    don't give much info to work on, eh? :)
    Top secret DVD work? :)

    sandy58, Jul 31, 2007

  3. dvd247

    dvd247 Guest

    "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    > On Jul 31, 5:22 am, "dvd247" <> wrote:
    >> Is there a way to Finalize a DVD on a PC or does it have to be finalized
    >> by
    >> the stand alone player that the data was recorded on?
    >> Sometimes my stand alone player won't finalise some disks.
    >>
    >> DVD247

    > What software are you using? What are you making the DVD
    > from? .avi, .mpeg? Or are you just duplicating a "bought" DVD? You
    > don't give much info to work on, eh? :)
    > Top secret DVD work? :)

    The problem DVD was recorded on a Panasonic DMR EH55 direct from a TV
    broadcast (to an SL DVD5) and one programme I recorded (the data is on the
    disk as I checked with ISOBuster) but this wouldn't finalize wrting data for
    that track (got to 84% then hung) and then wouldn't allow me to name or
    finalize the DVD on the stand-alone so I hoped I could finalize on my PC.

    Is finalizing on PC possible? If so what software does this?

    For the record, I use the following to varying degrees (so not familiar with
    all functions of some) :
    DVDShrink
    DVD Decrypter
    Nero Recode 2
    DVDClone
    DVDRebuilder
    DVDFab
    ImgeBurn
    Alcohol 120%
    ConvertX2DVD
    DVDIdlePro
    ImTooDVDCreator
    DVD2One
    AnyDVD
    ....but can't find an option to finalize in any of them but I may have
    overlooked it.

    Must remember to give more information next time.
    Cheer Sandy. ;-)

    DVD247

    dvd247, Aug 1, 2007
  4. dvd247

    Jerry Guest

    "dvd247" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to Finalize a DVD on a PC or does it have to be finalized
    > by the stand alone player that the data was recorded on?
    > Sometimes my stand alone player won't finalise some disks.
    >
    > DVD247

    Try posting this question to the DVD Recorder forum at
    http://www.avsforum.com/
    There are a lot of Panny users there and they are very helpful.

    Jerry, Aug 2, 2007
  5. dvd247

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, sandy58 <> wrote:
    >On Jul 31, 5:22 am, "dvd247" <> wrote:
    >> Is there a way to Finalize a DVD on a PC or does it have to be finalized by
    >> the stand alone player that the data was recorded on?
    >> Sometimes my stand alone player won't finalise some disks.
    >>
    >> DVD247

    >What software are you using? What are you making the DVD
    >from? .avi, .mpeg? Or are you just duplicating a "bought" DVD? You
    >don't give much info to work on, eh? :)
    >Top secret DVD work? :)

    What part of "Standalone DVD recorder" didnt you get?

    GMAN, Aug 2, 2007
  6. dvd247

    dvd247 Guest

    "GMAN" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, sandy58
    > <> wrote:
    >>On Jul 31, 5:22 am, "dvd247" <> wrote:
    >>> Is there a way to Finalize a DVD on a PC or does it have to be finalized
    >>> by
    >>> the stand alone player that the data was recorded on?
    >>> Sometimes my stand alone player won't finalise some disks.
    >>>
    >>> DVD247

    >>What software are you using? What are you making the DVD
    >>from? .avi, .mpeg? Or are you just duplicating a "bought" DVD? You
    >>don't give much info to work on, eh? :)
    >>Top secret DVD work? :)
    >>

    > What part of "Standalone DVD recorder" didnt you get?

    And your point is what? I know what a stand-player is yes thanks, but that's
    not what I'm asking about.

    DVD247

    dvd247, Aug 2, 2007
  7. dvd247

    dvd247 Guest

    "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    > "dvd247" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there a way to Finalize a DVD on a PC or does it have to be finalized
    >> by the stand alone player that the data was recorded on?
    >> Sometimes my stand alone player won't finalise some disks.
    >>
    >> DVD247

    > Try posting this question to the DVD Recorder forum at
    > http://www.avsforum.com/
    > There are a lot of Panny users there and they are very helpful.

    Thanks Jerry will do.

    dvd247, Aug 2, 2007
  8. dvd247

    Jerry Guest

    "dvd247" <> wrote in message
    > "GMAN" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>,
    >> sandy58 <> wrote:

    >>>What software are you using? What are you making the DVD
    >>>from? .avi, .mpeg? Or are you just duplicating a "bought" DVD? You
    >>>don't give much info to work on, eh? :)
    >>>Top secret DVD work? :)
    >>>

    >> What part of "Standalone DVD recorder" didnt you get?

    > And your point is what? I know what a stand-player is yes thanks, but
    > that's not what I'm asking about.
    >
    > DVD247

    GMAN's comment was aimed at Sandy58's reply, not your post.

    Jerry, Aug 2, 2007
  9. In article <46b02d45$>,
    dvd247 <> wrote:

    >"sandy58" <> wrote in message
    >> On Jul 31, 5:22 am, "dvd247" <> wrote:
    >>> Is there a way to Finalize a DVD on a PC or does it have to be finalized
    >>> by
    >>> the stand alone player that the data was recorded on?
    >>> Sometimes my stand alone player won't finalise some disks.
    >>>
    >>> DVD247

    >> What software are you using? What are you making the DVD
    >> from? .avi, .mpeg? Or are you just duplicating a "bought" DVD? You
    >> don't give much info to work on, eh? :)
    >> Top secret DVD work? :)
    >>

    >The problem DVD was recorded on a Panasonic DMR EH55 direct from a TV
    >broadcast (to an SL DVD5) and one programme I recorded (the data is on the
    >disk as I checked with ISOBuster) but this wouldn't finalize wrting data for
    >that track (got to 84% then hung) and then wouldn't allow me to name or
    >finalize the DVD on the stand-alone so I hoped I could finalize on my PC.
    >
    >Is finalizing on PC possible? If so what software does this?
    >
    >For the record, I use the following to varying degrees (so not familiar with
    >all functions of some) :
    > DVDShrink
    > DVD Decrypter
    > Nero Recode 2
    > DVDClone
    > DVDRebuilder
    > DVDFab
    > ImgeBurn
    > Alcohol 120%
    > ConvertX2DVD
    > DVDIdlePro
    > ImTooDVDCreator
    > DVD2One
    > AnyDVD
    >...but can't find an option to finalize in any of them but I may have
    >overlooked it.
    >
    >Must remember to give more information next time.
    >Cheer Sandy. ;-)
    >
    >DVD247

    Since you have ISO-buster, why not use that to take the data
    from the DVD and place it in a file.

    I've done that, but then when I finish the extraction
    I used VideoRedo. Often I've had to use the utility to fix
    the data-stream in VideoRedo, and that put's out an mpg file that
    then is editable in VideoReco.

    Since most systems require the disk to be finalized on the system
    upon which it was recorded, I think the above scenario will
    probably be the best one for you.

    Bill

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

    Bill Vermillion, Aug 3, 2007
  10. dvd247

    GMAN Guest

    In article <46b24e07$0$29642$>, "Jerry" <> wrote:
    >"dvd247" <> wrote in message
    >> "GMAN" <> wrote in message

    >>> What part of "Standalone DVD recorder" didnt you get?

    >> And your point is what? I know what a stand-player is yes thanks, but
    >> that's not what I'm asking about.
    >>
    >> DVD247

    >GMAN's comment was aimed at Sandy58's reply, not your post.

    Yup, and I wasnt really trying to put Sandy58 down either, just sticking her
    in the ribs a few times with a stick for fun. At least i hope Sandy58 is a
    female.

    GMAN, Aug 6, 2007