    I have a DVD recorder for TV and tried that but no luck!
    Any help please

    Oh the discs would be PAL for UK if that's any help

    Fastmoggy, Apr 7, 2009

  2. Fastmoggy

    thanatoid Guest

    "Fastmoggy" <> wrote in
    news:iMPCl.11$2:

    > Got a couple of DVD's from an old DVD camcorder which i
    > didn't get round to finalising. i no longer have the
    > camcorder but i think it was an hitachi, model number
    > unknown but the camera would have been around about 2002-3.
    > Is there anyway i can finalise these discs using a computer
    > program and if so where can i get it?
    >
    > Is it possible that the disc's could be finalised with
    > another DVD camcorder?
    >
    > I have a DVD recorder for TV and tried that but no luck!
    > Any help please
    >
    > Oh the discs would be PAL for UK if that's any help

    "Finalizing" a DVD or CD has NOTHING to do with the source of
    the material. Do some reading.

    The only thing you can do is copy the files to a defragged
    partition and burn another disc AND do it right this time ;-)

    There will be no quality loss.

    thanatoid, Apr 8, 2009

  3. Fastmoggy

    RickMerrill Guest

    Fastmoggy wrote:
    > Got a couple of DVD's from an old DVD camcorder which i didn't get round to
    > finalising. i no longer have the camcorder but i think it was an hitachi,
    > model number unknown but the camera would have been around about 2002-3.
    > Is there anyway i can finalise these discs using a computer program and if
    > so where can i get it?

    You could TRY a Sony DVD camcorder to finalize the disks - if they are
    dvd-r or dvd-rw.

    > Is it possible that the disc's could be finalised with another DVD
    > camcorder?

    no. BUT you can read them using ISOBUSTER!

    > I have a DVD recorder for TV and tried that but no luck!
    > Any help please
    >
    > Oh the discs would be PAL for UK if that's any help

    Oh dear! I do not know if ISO buster will help PAL.

    RickMerrill, Apr 8, 2009
  4. Fastmoggy

    Me Guest

    "RickMerrill" <> wrote in message
    > Fastmoggy wrote:
    >> Got a couple of DVD's from an old DVD camcorder which i didn't get round
    >> to finalising. i no longer have the camcorder but i think it was an
    >> hitachi, model number unknown but the camera would have been around about
    >> 2002-3.
    >> Is there anyway i can finalise these discs using a computer program and
    >> if so where can i get it?
    >>

    > You could TRY a Sony DVD camcorder to finalize the disks - if they are
    > dvd-r or dvd-rw.
    >
    >> Is it possible that the disc's could be finalised with another DVD
    >> camcorder?
    >>

    > no. BUT you can read them using ISOBUSTER!
    >

    >> I have a DVD recorder for TV and tried that but no luck!
    >> Any help please
    >>
    >> Oh the discs would be PAL for UK if that's any help

    > Oh dear! I do not know if ISO buster will help PAL.

    That shouldnt make a difference

    Me, Apr 10, 2009
  5. Fastmoggy

    RickMerrill Guest

    Me wrote:
    > "RickMerrill" <> wrote in message
    >> Fastmoggy wrote:
    >>> Got a couple of DVD's from an old DVD camcorder which i didn't get round
    >>> to finalising. i no longer have the camcorder but i think it was an
    >>> hitachi, model number unknown but the camera would have been around about
    >>> 2002-3.
    >>> Is there anyway i can finalise these discs using a computer program and
    >>> if so where can i get it?
    >>>

    >> You could TRY a Sony DVD camcorder to finalize the disks - if they are
    >> dvd-r or dvd-rw.
    >>
    >>> Is it possible that the disc's could be finalised with another DVD
    >>> camcorder?
    >>>

    >> no. BUT you can read them using ISOBUSTER!
    >>

    >>> I have a DVD recorder for TV and tried that but no luck!
    >>> Any help please
    >>>
    >>> Oh the discs would be PAL for UK if that's any help

    >> Oh dear! I do not know if ISO buster will help PAL.
    >>

    > That shouldnt make a difference

    Actually, I'm sure you're right - I just have not done it and I know
    there can be many ways to get shot in (own) foot.

    RickMerrill, Apr 14, 2009