    dials 456789 it will add 0123 to the front and send the call via the VOIP
    line.

    Many thanks
    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 10, 2007

  2. Port Admiral Haynes

    Jono Guest

    Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
    > Thank you very much for everyone that has helped me get this up and running!
    > (See Dialling Plans For A SPA3102 and SPA3102 Totally Stuck!)
    >
    > I got it to register with VoipDiscount by making one of the DNS addresses
    > that of my router ie 192.168.1.1 and the other that of my ISP - no port
    > forwarding or DMZ needed. With that one simple alteration it works a treat!
    >
    > Dialling plans were quite easy once explained!
    >
    > Two final (I hope!) questions.
    >
    > I have an account with VoipTalk that I was using for incoming calls. Where
    > do I add the details on my SPA3102 as it only seems to have room for one SIP
    > provider.
    >
    > Also my wife forgets to add the exchange number when dialling local calls.
    > What is the rule so that if only a local number is dialled ie a six digit
    > number my exchange number is automatically put in front of it. ie if she
    > dials 456789 it will add 0123 to the front and send the call via the VOIP
    > line.
    >
    > Many thanks

    You need to rethink - slightly.

    VoipDiscount will (should) work as a gateway without registration. I
    certainly use one of the Betamax clones this way - put your user details
    in gateway 1. Your dialplan will then need to be adjusted to send voip
    calls over @gw1.

    Then you can put your voiptalk credentials in line 1.
    Jono, Mar 10, 2007

  3. Port Admiral Haynes

    Jono Guest

    Port Admiral Haynes wrote:

    > Also my wife forgets to add the exchange number when dialling local calls.
    > What is the rule so that if only a local number is dialled ie a six digit
    > number my exchange number is automatically put in front of it. ie if she
    > dials 456789 it will add 0123 to the front and send the call via the VOIP
    > line.

    BrianA explained in one of your other threads:

    Hence, for UK:
    1. For local calls
    <:00441274>[2-9]xxxxx<:mad:gw3>
    where 1274 is the code for Bradford (change to your local area -
    routed via gw3 in this case.)

    Clearly, substitute @gw3 for @gw1 if you set up your outbound provider
    on gateway 1.

    Make sure the quantity of "x"'s equates to the length of your local numbers.

    When you've done, post your entire dialplan for review.
    Jono, Mar 10, 2007
  4. "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
    >

    >> Also my wife forgets to add the exchange number when dialling local
    >> calls. What is the rule so that if only a local number is dialled ie a
    >> six digit number my exchange number is automatically put in front of it.
    >> ie if she dials 456789 it will add 0123 to the front and send the call
    >> via the VOIP line.

    > BrianA explained in one of your other threads:
    >
    > Hence, for UK:
    > 1. For local calls
    > <:00441274>[2-9]xxxxx<:mad:gw3>
    > where 1274 is the code for Bradford (change to your local area -
    > routed via gw3 in this case.)
    >
    > Clearly, substitute @gw3 for @gw1 if you set up your outbound provider on
    > gateway 1.
    >
    > Make sure the quantity of "x"'s equates to the length of your local
    > numbers.
    >
    > When you've done, post your entire dialplan for review.

    Light begins to dawn! Many thanks I will post when I get it set up!
    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 10, 2007
  5. Port Admiral Haynes

    Brian A Guest

    On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:00:06 -0000, "Port Admiral Haynes"
    <> wrote:

    >"Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
    >>

    >>> Also my wife forgets to add the exchange number when dialling local
    >>> calls. What is the rule so that if only a local number is dialled ie a
    >>> six digit number my exchange number is automatically put in front of it.
    >>> ie if she dials 456789 it will add 0123 to the front and send the call
    >>> via the VOIP line.

    >> BrianA explained in one of your other threads:
    >>
    >> Hence, for UK:
    >> 1. For local calls
    >> <:00441274>[2-9]xxxxx<:mad:gw3>
    >> where 1274 is the code for Bradford (change to your local area -
    >> routed via gw3 in this case.)
    >>
    >> Clearly, substitute @gw3 for @gw1 if you set up your outbound provider on
    >> gateway 1.
    >>
    >> Make sure the quantity of "x"'s equates to the length of your local
    >> numbers.
    >>
    >> When you've done, post your entire dialplan for review.

    >Light begins to dawn! Many thanks I will post when I get it set up!

    Just to make that clear. You can have just ONE incoming provider. That
    is the main registered provider and you can call out via that provider
    too. In that case you do NOT enter a gateway in your dial plan syntax
    for any one of the rules where you want to route via the registered
    provider.
    The 4 gateways allow OUTGOING calls via different providers.
    The dial tone you get when you 'lift' the handset is due to
    registration with your default provider.
    So, to summarise,
    NO gateway in a rule=default provider
    gw0 is your landline
    gw1 - gw4 are gateways to other voip providers.

    If you 've not see the post plese also refer back to your very first
    post (1 of 3 afaik) where I have nade further comments on static IP
    AND refer to back up software for your settings.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Mar 10, 2007
  6. My Dialling Plan

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:00:06 -0000, "Port Admiral Haynes"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Jono" <> wrote in message

    >>> BrianA explained in one of your other threads:
    >>>
    >>> Hence, for UK:
    >>> 1. For local calls
    >>> <:00441274>[2-9]xxxxx<:mad:gw3>
    >>> where 1274 is the code for Bradford (change to your local area -
    >>> routed via gw3 in this case.)
    >>>
    >>> Clearly, substitute @gw3 for @gw1 if you set up your outbound provider
    >>> on
    >>> gateway 1.
    >>>
    >>> Make sure the quantity of "x"'s equates to the length of your local
    >>> numbers.
    >>>
    >>> When you've done, post your entire dialplan for review.

    >>Light begins to dawn! Many thanks I will post when I get it set up!
    >>

    > Just to make that clear. You can have just ONE incoming provider. That
    > is the main registered provider and you can call out via that provider
    > too. In that case you do NOT enter a gateway in your dial plan syntax
    > for any one of the rules where you want to route via the registered
    > provider.
    > The 4 gateways allow OUTGOING calls via different providers.
    > The dial tone you get when you 'lift' the handset is due to
    > registration with your default provider.
    > So, to summarise,
    > NO gateway in a rule=default provider
    > gw0 is your landline
    > gw1 - gw4 are gateways to other voip providers.
    >
    > If you 've not see the post plese also refer back to your very first
    > post (1 of 3 afaik) where I have nade further comments on static IP
    > AND refer to back up software for your settings.
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Many many thanks for all your very helpful advice.

    I have moved VoipDiscount to Gateway 1 and set VoipTalk as my main provider.
    Works perfectly.
    My dialling plan is as follows

    (<:00441406>[2-9]xxxxxx<:mad:gw1>|<01xx.<:mad:gw1>|02xx.<:mad:gw1>|00xx.<:mad:gw1>|08xx.<:mad:gw0>|999<:mad:gw0>|07xx.<:mad:gw0>)

    I am in the Holbeach Area 01406
    I would like all international calls to go via VOIP as well as all landline
    call in the UK. All others I would like to go via my BT line.
    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 10, 2007
  7. Re: My Dialling Plan

    "Port Admiral Haynes" <> wrote in message

    > "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:00:06 -0000, "Port Admiral Haynes"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Jono" <> wrote in message

    >>>Light begins to dawn! Many thanks I will post when I get it set up!
    >>>

    >> Just to make that clear. You can have just ONE incoming provider. That
    >> is the main registered provider and you can call out via that provider
    >> too. In that case you do NOT enter a gateway in your dial plan syntax
    >> for any one of the rules where you want to route via the registered
    >> provider.
    >> The 4 gateways allow OUTGOING calls via different providers.
    >> The dial tone you get when you 'lift' the handset is due to
    >> registration with your default provider.
    >> So, to summarise,
    >> NO gateway in a rule=default provider
    >> gw0 is your landline
    >> gw1 - gw4 are gateways to other voip providers.
    >>
    >> If you 've not see the post plese also refer back to your very first
    >> post (1 of 3 afaik) where I have nade further comments on static IP
    >> AND refer to back up software for your settings.
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    > Many many thanks for all your very helpful advice.
    >
    > I have moved VoipDiscount to Gateway 1 and set VoipTalk as my main
    > provider. Works perfectly.
    > My dialling plan is as follows
    >
    > (<:00441406>[2-9]xxxxxx<:mad:gw1>|<01xx.<:mad:gw1>|02xx.<:mad:gw1>|00xx.<:mad:gw1>|08xx.<:mad:gw0>|999<:mad:gw0>|07xx.<:mad:gw0>)
    >
    > I am in the Holbeach Area 01406
    > I would like all international calls to go via VOIP as well as all
    > landline call in the UK. All others I would like to go via my BT line.

    Sorry - 1 more question - all seems to be working Ok. However if I ring in
    the line gets dropped before my answer phone cuts in. It seems to ring for
    10 seconds only - the answerphone is set at about 20 to give me time to get
    to it. I could get the answerphone to cut in earlier but would like to make
    it ring for longer.
    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 10, 2007
  8. Port Admiral Haynes

    Bill49 Guest

    Re: My Dialling Plan

    On 10 Mar, 14:12, "Port Admiral Haynes" <> wrote:
    > "Port Admiral Haynes" <> wrote in messagenews:45f2a805$0$32013$...
    >

    > > "Brian A" <> wrote in message

    > >> Just to make that clear. You can have just ONE incoming provider. That
    > >> is the main registered provider and you can call out via that provider
    > >> too. In that case you do NOT enter a gateway in your dial plan syntax
    > >> for any one of the rules where you want to route via the registered
    > >> provider.
    > >> The 4 gateways allow OUTGOING calls via different providers.
    > >> The dial tone you get when you 'lift' the handset is due to
    > >> registration with your default provider.
    > >> So, to summarise,
    > >> NO gateway in a rule=default provider
    > >> gw0 is your landline
    > >> gw1 - gw4 are gateways to other voip providers.

    > >> If you 've not see the post plese also refer back to your very first
    > >> post (1 of 3 afaik) where I have nade further comments on static IP
    > >> AND refer to back up software for your settings.
    > >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    > > Many many thanks for all your very helpful advice.

    > > I have moved VoipDiscount to Gateway 1 and set VoipTalk as my main
    > > provider. Works perfectly.
    > > My dialling plan is as follows

    > > (<:00441406>[2-9]xxxxxx<:mad:gw1>|<01xx.<:mad:gw1>|02xx.<:mad:gw1>|00xx.<:mad:gw1>|08xx.<:mad:gw0>|999<:mad:gw0>|07xx.<:mad:gw0>)

    > > I am in the Holbeach Area 01406
    > > I would like all international calls to go via VOIP as well as all
    > > landline call in the UK. All others I would like to go via my BT line.

    > Sorry - 1 more question - all seems to be working Ok. However if I ring in
    > the line gets dropped before my answer phone cuts in. It seems to ring for
    > 10 seconds only - the answerphone is set at about 20 to give me time to get
    > to it. I could get the answerphone to cut in earlier but would like to make
    > it ring for longer.

    I think this will be a matter of your providers setting rather than
    your ata. I use voip.co.uk and with them it is simpley a matter of
    going to their web site altering the lenght of time before their
    answer service kicks in. I altered mine from 20secs to 30secs.
    Bill
    Bill49, Mar 10, 2007
  9. Re: My Dialling Plan

    "Bill49" <> wrote in message
    > On 10 Mar, 14:12, "Port Admiral Haynes" <> wrote:
    >> "Port Admiral Haynes" <> wrote in
    >> messagenews:45f2a805$0$32013$...
    >>

    >> > "Brian A" <> wrote in message

    >> > Many many thanks for all your very helpful advice.

    >> > I have moved VoipDiscount to Gateway 1 and set VoipTalk as my main
    >> > provider. Works perfectly.
    >> > My dialling plan is as follows

    >> > (<:00441406>[2-9]xxxxxx<:mad:gw1>|<01xx.<:mad:gw1>|02xx.<:mad:gw1>|00xx.<:mad:gw1>|08xx.<:mad:gw0>|999<:mad:gw0>|07xx.<:mad:gw0>)

    >> > I am in the Holbeach Area 01406
    >> > I would like all international calls to go via VOIP as well as all
    >> > landline call in the UK. All others I would like to go via my BT line.

    >> Sorry - 1 more question - all seems to be working Ok. However if I ring
    >> in
    >> the line gets dropped before my answer phone cuts in. It seems to ring
    >> for
    >> 10 seconds only - the answerphone is set at about 20 to give me time to
    >> get
    >> to it. I could get the answerphone to cut in earlier but would like to
    >> make
    >> it ring for longer.

    > I think this will be a matter of your providers setting rather than
    > your ata. I use voip.co.uk and with them it is simpley a matter of
    > going to their web site altering the lenght of time before their
    > answer service kicks in. I altered mine from 20secs to 30secs.
    > Bill

    Thank you so much! Its so simple when you know how! Sorted. You can tell I
    am a total newbie at this VOIP stuff.
    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 10, 2007
  10. Re: My Dialling Plan

    "Bill49" <> wrote in message
    > On 10 Mar, 14:12, "Port Admiral Haynes" <> wrote:
    >> "Port Admiral Haynes" <> wrote in
    >> messagenews:45f2a805$0$32013$...
    >>

    >> > "Brian A" <> wrote in message

    >> > Many many thanks for all your very helpful advice.

    >> > I have moved VoipDiscount to Gateway 1 and set VoipTalk as my main
    >> > provider. Works perfectly.
    >> > My dialling plan is as follows

    >> > (<:00441406>[2-9]xxxxxx<:mad:gw1>|<01xx.<:mad:gw1>|02xx.<:mad:gw1>|00xx.<:mad:gw1>|08xx.<:mad:gw0>|999<:mad:gw0>|07xx.<:mad:gw0>)

    >> > I am in the Holbeach Area 01406
    >> > I would like all international calls to go via VOIP as well as all
    >> > landline call in the UK. All others I would like to go via my BT line.

    >> Sorry - 1 more question - all seems to be working Ok. However if I ring
    >> in
    >> the line gets dropped before my answer phone cuts in. It seems to ring
    >> for
    >> 10 seconds only - the answerphone is set at about 20 to give me time to
    >> get
    >> to it. I could get the answerphone to cut in earlier but would like to
    >> make
    >> it ring for longer.

    > I think this will be a matter of your providers setting rather than
    > your ata. I use voip.co.uk and with them it is simpley a matter of
    > going to their web site altering the lenght of time before their
    > answer service kicks in. I altered mine from 20secs to 30secs.
    > Bill

    Or perhaps not! VoipDiscount does not seem to have answer service just a
    forwarding service!
    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 10, 2007
  11. Port Admiral Haynes

    Jono Guest

    Re: My Dialling Plan

    After serious thinking Port Admiral Haynes wrote :
    >>> Sorry - 1 more question - all seems to be working Ok. However if I ring in
    >>> the line gets dropped before my answer phone cuts in. It seems to ring for
    >>> 10 seconds only - the answerphone is set at about 20 to give me time to
    >>> get
    >>> to it. I could get the answerphone to cut in earlier but would like to
    >>> make
    >>> it ring for longer.

    >> I think this will be a matter of your providers setting rather than
    >> your ata. I use voip.co.uk and with them it is simpley a matter of
    >> going to their web site altering the lenght of time before their
    >> answer service kicks in. I altered mine from 20secs to 30secs.
    >> Bill
    >>

    > Or perhaps not! VoipDiscount does not seem to have answer service just a
    > forwarding service!

    I thought VoipDiscount was merely being used as an outbound provider.
    What number are you ringing?

    If you meant your inbound provider, what settings are you using for it?

    Have you got any webspace you could upload your spa's html pages to?
    The passwords won't be visible, however, it might be sensible to alter
    your usernames....
    Jono, Mar 10, 2007
  12. Re: My Dialling Plan

    Jono wrote:

    >>> I think this will be a matter of your providers setting rather than
    >>> your ata. I use voip.co.uk and with them it is simpley a matter of
    >>> going to their web site altering the lenght of time before their
    >>> answer service kicks in. I altered mine from 20secs to 30secs.
    >>> Bill
    >>>

    >> Or perhaps not! VoipDiscount does not seem to have answer service
    >> just a forwarding service!

    > I thought VoipDiscount was merely being used as an outbound provider.
    > What number are you ringing?

    Probably like others they have an 01 / 02 number from elsewhere pointing
    to the VoIPDiscount service.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Mar 10, 2007
  13. Re: My Dialling Plan

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >>> I think this will be a matter of your providers setting rather than
    >>> your ata. I use voip.co.uk and with them it is simpley a matter of
    >>> going to their web site altering the lenght of time before their
    >>> answer service kicks in. I altered mine from 20secs to 30secs.
    >>> Bill
    >>>

    >> Or perhaps not! VoipDiscount does not seem to have answer service just a
    >> forwarding service!

    > I thought VoipDiscount was merely being used as an outbound provider. What
    > number are you ringing?
    >
    > If you meant your inbound provider, what settings are you using for it?
    >
    > Have you got any webspace you could upload your spa's html pages to? The
    > passwords won't be visible, however, it might be sensible to alter your
    > usernames....

    Sorry - yes I am getting confused and confusing you! I said I was new to
    this.

    I do indeed use VoipDiscount for outgoing. At the moment I use my BT line
    for incoming but will slowly switch to VoipTalk as I get more confident.

    If I ring my VoipTalk number the phone rings and my answerphone picks up the
    call after about 20 seconds. (I have set a longish delay so I have chance to
    get to it.

    If I ring my BT landline number the phone rings for about 10 seconds or so
    then the call is dropped with a continuous tone being heard on the dialling
    phone.

    I am using my mobile to cal in.
    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 10, 2007
  14. Port Admiral Haynes

    Bill49 Guest

    Re: My Dialling Plan

    On 10 Mar, 19:12, Jono <> wrote:

    > >> I think this will be a matter of your providers setting rather than
    > >> your ata. I use voip.co.uk and with them it is simpley a matter of
    > >> going to their web site altering the lenght of time before their
    > >> answer service kicks in. I altered mine from 20secs to 30secs.
    > >> Bill

    > > Or perhaps not! VoipDiscount does not seem to have answer service just a
    > > forwarding service!

    > I thought VoipDiscount was merely being used as an outbound provider.
    > What number are you ringing?
    >
    > If you meant your inbound provider, what settings are you using for it?
    >
    > Have you got any webspace you could upload your spa's html pages to?
    > The passwords won't be visible, however, it might be sensible to alter
    > your usernames....

    Your incoming calls should be handled by voiptalk. If (and its a
    medium sized if ) the cause of the problem is as I sugested, then it
    would be voiptalk that would be handing on the call to their answer
    service.
    Bill
    Bill49, Mar 10, 2007
  15. Port Admiral Haynes

    Jono Guest

    Re: My Dialling Plan

    Port Admiral Haynes has brought this to us :

    > Sorry - yes I am getting confused and confusing you! I said I was new to
    > this.
    >
    > I do indeed use VoipDiscount for outgoing. At the moment I use my BT line for
    > incoming but will slowly switch to VoipTalk as I get more confident.
    >
    > If I ring my VoipTalk number the phone rings and my answerphone picks up the
    > call after about 20 seconds. (I have set a longish delay so I have chance to
    > get to it.
    >
    > If I ring my BT landline number the phone rings for about 10 seconds or so
    > then the call is dropped with a continuous tone being heard on the dialling
    > phone.
    >
    > I am using my mobile to cal in.

    Right, so it's your /fixed/ line that you're experiencing the call
    drop.

    Set the following-
    PSTN Ring Thru Line 1: yes
    Jono, Mar 10, 2007
  16. Re: My Dialling Plan

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Port Admiral Haynes has brought this to us :
    >

    >> Sorry - yes I am getting confused and confusing you! I said I was new to
    >> this.
    >>
    >> I do indeed use VoipDiscount for outgoing. At the moment I use my BT line
    >> for incoming but will slowly switch to VoipTalk as I get more confident.
    >>
    >> If I ring my VoipTalk number the phone rings and my answerphone picks up
    >> the call after about 20 seconds. (I have set a longish delay so I have
    >> chance to get to it.
    >>
    >> If I ring my BT landline number the phone rings for about 10 seconds or
    >> so then the call is dropped with a continuous tone being heard on the
    >> dialling phone.
    >>
    >> I am using my mobile to cal in.

    > Right, so it's your /fixed/ line that you're experiencing the call drop.
    >
    > Set the following-
    > PSTN Ring Thru Line 1: yes

    Thanks, but it is already set to yes
    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 10, 2007
  17. Port Admiral Haynes

    Jono Guest

    Re: My Dialling Plan

    Port Admiral Haynes laid this down on his screen :

    >> Set the following-
    >> PSTN Ring Thru Line 1: yes
    >>

    > Thanks, but it is already set to yes

    Can you post the html file anywhere?

    Out of interest, do you have any voip credentials entered anywhere on
    the PSTN tab?
    Jono, Mar 10, 2007
  18. Re: My Dialling Plan

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Port Admiral Haynes laid this down on his screen :
    >
    >>> Set the following-
    >>> PSTN Ring Thru Line 1: yes
    >>>

    >> Thanks, but it is already set to yes

    > Can you post the html file anywhere?
    >
    > Out of interest, do you have any voip credentials entered anywhere on the
    > PSTN tab?

    I will have a think about where to post them!

    Yes I have entered my VoipDiscount details in so that (when I figure out
    how!) I can ring in with my mobile and speak to Malaysia via the ATA and
    call forwarding.
    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 10, 2007
  19. Caller ID

    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> Port Admiral Haynes laid this down on his screen :

    >>> Thanks, but it is already set to yes

    >> Can you post the html file anywhere?
    >>
    >> Out of interest, do you have any voip credentials entered anywhere on the
    >> PSTN tab?
    >>

    > I will have a think about where to post them!
    >
    > Yes I have entered my VoipDiscount details in so that (when I figure out
    > how!) I can ring in with my mobile and speak to Malaysia via the ATA and
    > call forwarding.

    Ok - sorted out the answer phone problem by setting the options

    VoIP-To-PSTN Gateway Enable and PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Enable to No

    I will figure out how they work later! I know they enable you to dial in for
    and get you call forwarded via VOIP

    The one remaining problem is that caller id when I ring in on my VoipTalk
    number and on the BT/PSTN line is truncated after the first 6 digits. Once I
    get this sorted I can go "live" with it.
    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 11, 2007