    Luke Skywalker.

    The new scene actually makes more sense and drama when you think about
    it.
    Maverick Dude, Sep 25, 2004

  2. Maverick Dude

    What The Guest

    Tee hee.

    What The, Sep 25, 2004

  3. Maverick Dude

    Ray Guest

    The thing that I find to be most ironic about the whole George Lucas thing
    is that a recurring theme throughout all of the Star Wars movies is
    rejecting technology. But George can't seem to apply that theme to how he
    handles these movies.

    Ray, Sep 25, 2004
  4. Re: Final scene to "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi"

    Correction.
    Maverick Dude, Sep 25, 2004
  5. Maverick Dude

    Ollie T Guest

    If he turned back to the good side at the end then he should have still
    looked like he did when he died. Why not use the little boy Anakin from
    Phantom Menace to show his better side. His Hayden self was already angry.

    HDTV games lists and discussions
    http://www.hdtvarcade.com

    Ollie T, Sep 25, 2004

    Derek Janssen, Sep 25, 2004
  7. Re: Final scene to "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi"

    >If he turned back to the good side at the end then
    > he should have still looked like he did when he
    > died. Why not use the little boy Anakin from
    > Phantom Menace to show his better side. His
    > Hayden self was already angry.

    You do have a point, but I think Hayden was more confused then angry,
    which goes the same with Dark Vader. I'm sure the new scene will make
    sense once we see the new Star Wars film.
    Maverick Dude, Sep 25, 2004
  8. Maverick Dude

    Rutgar Guest

    On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 21:42:57 -0600, (Maverick
    Dude) wrote:

    >What did you think of the finale when the younger Anakin Skywalker is
    >shown as a spirit (Hayden Christensen)? I actually liked it more,
    >because it shows Darth Vader at his youthfulness and innocence.
    >Afterall, Darth Vader chooses against the Dark Side after saving his son
    >Luke Skywalker.
    >
    >The new scene actually makes more sense and drama when you think about
    >it.

    Er, what are you talking about? There is no such scene at the end of
    "Star Wars: A New Hope"

    - Rutgar
    Rutgar, Sep 25, 2004
  9. Maverick Dude

    SIR Gary G Guest

    Re: Final scene to "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi"

    > I'm sure the new scene will make
    >sense once we see the new Star Wars film.

    When the new film comes out, i hope it explains why Vader did not remember R2
    from when he was a boy, or even 3P0 since he was the one who built him in the
    first place.
    Sir G
    SIR Gary G, Sep 26, 2004
  10. Re: Final scene to "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi"

    SIR Gary G wrote:

    >>I'm sure the new scene will make
    >>sense once we see the new Star Wars film.

    > When the new film comes out, i hope it explains why Vader did not remember R2
    > from when he was a boy, or even 3P0 since he was the one who built him in the
    > first place.

    If it's any consolation, on the commentary, George *DID* give his
    official Marvel No-Prize explanation of that whole "Made the Kessel run
    in twelve Parsecs" thing:

    Y'see (I'm just summarizing, here), well, of COURSE "Parsecs" is a
    measure of time, not distance--Just that it takes *time* to work out the
    ship navigation for a complicated maneuver, and...well...the Falcon had
    such...*fast* navigation computers, that it...took...less TIME to
    process the course corrections, and...that's...why...it only took twelve
    parsecs to do it....Y'see.

    Derek Janssen (yeah, and he knows about the Holiday Special, too)
    Derek Janssen, Sep 26, 2004
  11. Maverick Dude

    BubbCoop Guest

    Re: Final scene to "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi"

    <<Y'see (I'm just summarizing, here), well, of COURSE "Parsecs" is a
    measure of time, not distance>>

    um, actually parsec IS a meaure of distance, NOT time.
    BubbCoop, Sep 26, 2004
  12. Maverick Dude

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    BubbCoop wrote:

    > <<Y'see (I'm just summarizing, here), well, of COURSE "Parsecs" is a
    > measure of time, not distance>>
    >
    > um, actually parsec IS a meaure of distance, NOT time.

    Well it is in our language in our galaxy. Who knows how close to
    current English the language of star wars is :)

    dick
    Dick Sidbury, Sep 26, 2004
  13. Maverick Dude

    Larry Guest

    Re: Final scene to "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi"

    In article <>,
    says...
    > BubbCoop wrote:
    >
    > > <<Y'see (I'm just summarizing, here), well, of COURSE "Parsecs" is a
    > > measure of time, not distance>>
    > >
    > > um, actually parsec IS a meaure of distance, NOT time.

    > Well it is in our language in our galaxy. Who knows how close to
    > current English the language of star wars is :)
    >
    > dick

    If you watch and listen CAREFULLY you will find that Lucas refers to the
    parsec as a distance measurment, and that the flubb (which Im sure it was at
    the time it was written) can be explained away as an expresion of what great
    navigation could be done with a pilot like Han Solo, and a ship like the
    Falcon.(in other words he can justify not changing an apparent mistake in the
    script)

    He goes on to say that "the shortest distance between two points is a
    straight line" and then explains that Han could navigate in straight lines
    and still avoid solid objects, thereby shortening the distance using the
    equipment built into the Falcon. (this is a paraphrase not a quote) from the
    commentary track of Star Wars.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.
    Larry, Sep 26, 2004
  14. Maverick Dude

    Kevin Guest

    SIR Gary G <> wrote:
    > > I'm sure the new scene will make
    > >sense once we see the new Star Wars film.

    > When the new film comes out, i hope it explains why Vader did not remember R2
    > from when he was a boy, or even 3P0 since he was the one who built him in the
    > first place.
    > Sir G

    I apologize if this has been posted already somewhere in this group.

    Apparently George Lucas has made a few changes to the original trilogy.
    Here's a sample transcript from a script change in Empire Strikes Back.
    Personally, I think it's an improvement...

    A furious light sabre duel is under way. DARTH VADER is backing LUKE
    SKYWALKER toward the end of the gantry. A quick move by Vader, chops off
    Luke's hand! It goes spinning off into the ventilation shaft. Luke looks
    round, but realizes there's nowhere to go but straight down.

    ?? DARTH VADER: "Obi Wan never told you what happened to your father."

    ?? LUKE: "He told me enough! He told me you killed him!"

    ?? DARTH VADER: "No! I am your father!"

    ?? LUKE: "No, that's not true! That's impossible."

    ?? DARTH VADER: "Search your feelings; you know it to be true."

    ?
    ? LUKE: "NO!"

    ?? DARTH VADER: "Yes, it is true and you know what else? You know that queer
    brass droid of yours?"

    ?? LUKE: "Threepio?"

    ?? DARTH VADER: "Yes, Threepio, I built him when I was 7 years old."

    ?? LUKE: "No."

    ?? DARTH VADER: "Seven years old! And what have you done? Look at yourself,
    no hand, no job, and couldn't even levitate your own ship out of the swamp."

    ?? LUKE: "I destroyed your precious Death Star!"

    ?? DARTH VADER: "When you were 20! When I was 10, I single-handedly destroyed
    a Trade Federation Droid Control ship!"

    ?? LUKE: "Well, it's not my fault."

    ?? DARTH VADER: "Oh, here we go. 'Poor me, my father never gave me what I
    wanted for my birthday, boo hoo, my daddy's the Dark Lord of the Sith...
    waahhh wahhh!' You make me sick."

    ?? LUKE: "Shut up!"

    ?? DARTH VADER: "You're a slacker! By the time I was your age, I had
    exterminated the Jedi Knights!"

    ?? LUKE: "I used to race my T-16 through Beggar's Canyon!"

    ?? DARTH VADER: "Oh, for the love of God, 10 years old, winner of the
    Boonta Eve Open. Only human to ever fly a Pod Racer, right here baby!"

    ?? Luke looks down the shaft. Takes a step toward it.

    ?? DARTH VADER: "I was wrong. You're not my kid. I don't know whose you
    are, but you sure ain't mine. Get out of my sight, you loser!"

    ?? Luke takes a step off the platform, hesitates, then plunges down the
    shaft. Darth Vader looks after him.

    ?? DARTH VADER: "AND GET A HAIRCUT!"
    Kevin, Sep 26, 2004
  15. Maverick Dude

    AceoHearts Guest

    Re: Final scene to "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi"

    Vader does remember about 3PO. Watch Empire again and you will see. They
    are getting ready to freeze Han and Chewy lashes out. Chewy still has C3PO
    strapped to his back. He turns and Boba Fett is about to shoot him when
    Vader puts up his hand and makes Boba Fett stop. This is because he doesn't
    want Boba Fett to shoot C3PO.
    There is a method to his madness.

    AceoHearts
    AceoHearts, Sep 27, 2004
  16. Maverick Dude

    Video Flyer Guest

    Re: Final scene to "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi"

    On 9/26/04 5:16 PM, in article cj7f4i$4k0$,
    "Kevin" <> wrote:

    > I apologize if this has been posted already somewhere in this group.
    >
    > Apparently George Lucas has made a few changes to the original trilogy.
    > Here's a sample transcript from a script change in Empire Strikes Back.
    > Personally, I think it's an improvement...
    >
    > A furious light sabre duel is under way. DARTH VADER is backing LUKE
    > SKYWALKER toward the end of the gantry. A quick move by Vader, chops off
    > Luke's hand! It goes spinning off into the ventilation shaft. Luke looks
    > round, but realizes there's nowhere to go but straight down.
    >
    > ?? DARTH VADER: "Obi Wan never told you what happened to your father."
    >
    > ?? LUKE: "He told me enough! He told me you killed him!"
    >
    > ?? DARTH VADER: "No! I am your father!"
    >
    > ?? LUKE: "No, that's not true! That's impossible."
    >
    > ?? DARTH VADER: "Search your feelings; you know it to be true."
    >
    > ?
    > ? LUKE: "NO!"
    >
    > ?? DARTH VADER: "Yes, it is true and you know what else? You know that queer
    > brass droid of yours?"
    >
    > ?? LUKE: "Threepio?"
    >
    > ?? DARTH VADER: "Yes, Threepio, I built him when I was 7 years old."
    >
    > ?? LUKE: "No."
    >
    > ?? DARTH VADER: "Seven years old! And what have you done? Look at yourself,
    > no hand, no job, and couldn't even levitate your own ship out of the swamp."
    >
    > ?? LUKE: "I destroyed your precious Death Star!"
    >
    > ?? DARTH VADER: "When you were 20! When I was 10, I single-handedly destroyed
    > a Trade Federation Droid Control ship!"
    >
    > ?? LUKE: "Well, it's not my fault."
    >
    > ?? DARTH VADER: "Oh, here we go. 'Poor me, my father never gave me what I
    > wanted for my birthday, boo hoo, my daddy's the Dark Lord of the Sith...
    > waahhh wahhh!' You make me sick."
    >
    > ?? LUKE: "Shut up!"
    >
    > ?? DARTH VADER: "You're a slacker! By the time I was your age, I had
    > exterminated the Jedi Knights!"
    >
    > ?? LUKE: "I used to race my T-16 through Beggar's Canyon!"
    >
    > ?? DARTH VADER: "Oh, for the love of God, 10 years old, winner of the
    > Boonta Eve Open. Only human to ever fly a Pod Racer, right here baby!"
    >
    > ?? Luke looks down the shaft. Takes a step toward it.
    >
    > ?? DARTH VADER: "I was wrong. You're not my kid. I don't know whose you
    > are, but you sure ain't mine. Get out of my sight, you loser!"
    >
    > ?? Luke takes a step off the platform, hesitates, then plunges down the
    > shaft. Darth Vader looks after him.
    >
    > ?? DARTH VADER: "AND GET A HAIRCUT!"

    LMAO!!! Now THAT was funny!

    Neal
    Video Flyer, Sep 27, 2004
  17. Maverick Dude

    Ollie T Guest

    Re: Final scene to "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi"

    There is the theory about why he stopped Boba Fett from shotting Chewie and
    3PO in Empire. Also there are 1000's of droids that all look similar. He
    just might think that 3PO was destroyed or is still on Tatooine where he
    last saw him.

    Ollie T, Sep 27, 2004
  18. Maverick Dude

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Larry wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    >>BubbCoop wrote:
    >>

    >>><<Y'see (I'm just summarizing, here), well, of COURSE "Parsecs" is a
    >>>measure of time, not distance>>
    >>>
    >>>um, actually parsec IS a meaure of distance, NOT time.

    >>Well it is in our language in our galaxy. Who knows how close to
    >>current English the language of star wars is :)
    >>
    >>dick
    >>

    > If you watch and listen CAREFULLY

    to the commentary I assume.

    > you will find that Lucas refers to the
    > parsec as a distance measurment, and that the flubb (which Im sure it was at
    > the time it was written) can be explained away as an expresion of what great
    > navigation could be done with a pilot like Han Solo, and a ship like the
    > Falcon.(in other words he can justify not changing an apparent mistake in the
    > script)

    Well there's no one like George Lucas for being able to explain away
    mistakes to show that they were not mistakes but rather what he wanted
    all along but couldn't do because of budget or technical constraints :)

    dick
    Dick Sidbury, Sep 27, 2004
  19. Maverick Dude

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Kevin wrote:

    > SIR Gary G <> wrote:
    >
    >>>I'm sure the new scene will make
    >>>sense once we see the new Star Wars film.

    >>When the new film comes out, i hope it explains why Vader did not remember R2
    >>from when he was a boy, or even 3P0 since he was the one who built him in the
    >>first place.
    >>Sir G

    > I apologize if this has been posted already somewhere in this group.

    It has been, several times, but it always brings a smile.

    dick
    -- so save it and post it again when TESB is released on HDDVD.
    Dick Sidbury, Sep 27, 2004
  20. Maverick Dude

    Zimmy Guest

    Wow, they stuck Hayden Christensen at the end of Star Wars: A New Hope as
    well as Jedi???

    Lucas must have a real hard on for kid.

    Zimmy, Sep 27, 2004