    Windows 7 I've come to realize that Vista really was Windows Me ver 2.0 all
    along.

    kpg 0x22

    kpg, Oct 9, 2009

  2. kpg

    Chris M Guest

    kpg wrote:
    > For all 'Best Vetted O/S Ever' crowd out there, after playing around with
    > Windows 7 I've come to realize that Vista really was Windows Me ver 2.0 all
    > along.

    That's it, I'm upgrading next week. I've been putting it off far too
    long by the sounds of it.

    Chris M, Oct 9, 2009

  3. kpg

    Paul Jones Guest

    On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 09:54:22 -0700, kpg <> wrote:

    >For all 'Best Vetted O/S Ever' crowd out there, after playing around with
    >Windows 7 I've come to realize that Vista really was Windows Me ver 2.0 all
    >along.

    For me Windows 7 is the best desktop OS from MS ever.
    I have been running it since the beta and have had zero issues (apart
    for no *complete* drivers from my HP all-in-one printer).
    I have 2 Pro and 1 ultimate due to be delivered on release date. The
    only time I have even ordered software ahead of its release date. Mind
    it was a really good deal ordering so early.

    Paul Jones, Oct 9, 2009
  4. "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > For all 'Best Vetted O/S Ever' crowd out there, after playing around with
    > Windows 7 I've come to realize that Vista really was Windows Me ver 2.0
    > all
    > along.

    Actually, it was just Beta 3 ...

    Windows 7 Beta was the first viable "Vista" Release Candidate.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Oct 9, 2009
  5. kpg

    kpg Guest

    "Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" <> wrote in

    > "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >> For all 'Best Vetted O/S Ever' crowd out there, after playing around
    >> with Windows 7 I've come to realize that Vista really was Windows Me
    >> ver 2.0 all
    >> along.

    > Actually, it was just Beta 3 ...
    >
    > Windows 7 Beta was the first viable "Vista" Release Candidate.

    At least we can laugh about it now.

    Although I've resisted the Vistaization process, 7 is a much more palatable
    Vista - smarter, friendlier, more usable. I'm hesitant to say I like it,
    but I do.

    At least now I won't have to listen to the "vista is better" crowd anymore.
    Those guys are annoying. (You know who you are...)

    kpg, Oct 9, 2009
  6. "kpg" <> wrote in message

    > At least now I won't have to listen to the "vista is better" crowd
    > anymore.
    > Those guys are annoying. (You know who you are...)

    Well... Vista *was* better than Millenium Edition. <g, d & r>

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Oct 9, 2009
  7. kpg

    John R Guest

    "Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" <> wrote in message

    > Well... Vista *was* better than Millenium Edition. <g, d & r>

    At least ME could remember what my default printer was.

    John R.

    John R, Oct 10, 2009
  8. "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message

    >> Well... Vista *was* better than Millenium Edition. <g, d & r>
    >>

    > At least ME could remember what my default printer was.

    :)

    Haven't had that experience on Vista -- but then, I only ever had one
    printer, so maybe I made it too easy.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Oct 11, 2009
  9. kpg

    Jeff Guest

    I heard it was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize while still in beta

    Jeff, Oct 20, 2009