    last date the MCDST exam can be taken?

    Thanks.

    Steve

    SteveH, Jul 22, 2009

  2. SteveH

    Omar Guest

    Hard to say but Xp home will still be supported for a couple of years as it
    ships on many netbooks

    Omar, Jul 22, 2009

  3. "SteveH" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > Given that XP will soon cease to be supported by Microsoft, when will be
    > the
    > last date the MCDST exam can be taken?

    Actually Windows XP left mainstream support three months ago (4/19/09).

    However, no exam expiration dates have been announced beyond those that were
    expired last March.

    Typically expiration dates are announced well in advance, sometimes more
    than a year, and generally only occur once per year. At this point (july
    2009), I'd say it's highly unlikely that any other exams will be expired
    before Summer, 2010, but to be certain, you should keep track of one or more
    of the MSLearning blogs which cover certification topics.

    I'd suggest this one: http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Jul 22, 2009
  4. "Omar" <> wrote in message
    > Hard to say but Xp home will still be supported for a couple of years as
    > it ships on many netbooks

    The fact that it's still shipping is hardly a reflection of it's status as a
    supported product.

    The fact that vendors are still shipping it is more a reflection of the
    distaste for Vista, than anything else. I would expect that to change in
    about three more months.

    Come October 22, 2009, I suspect finding Windows XP on an OEM-shipped
    machine will be near impossible.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Jul 22, 2009
  5. SteveH

    SteveH Guest

    Hello Lawrence

    That gives me a bit of breathing space, then!

    Many thanks., too, for the link - I've bookmarked it.

    Steve

    SteveH, Jul 27, 2009
  6. If they decide to withdraw the Supporting XP MCDST exam, thats at their
    descretion. Thats regardless what new OS is out in the market; Win7 or
    Vista. The two are not linked.

    G Mail Account, Sep 10, 2009
  7. "G Mail Account" <> wrote in message
    > If they decide to withdraw the Supporting XP MCDST exam,

    There's no *if* about it -- it *will* happen; however, at this point that
    date has not yet been announced.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Sep 11, 2009
  8. So, its like is it really worth all the work, only to jump through more
    hoops; I know it keeps you on your toes and the stadards up; but it doesnt
    seem to credit your expereince in real world environment.

    But when will the MCP status no longer apply; since Im hoping I can still
    use that for my stationary and e-mails?

    G Mail Account, Sep 11, 2009
  9. So, yes most people hate Vista. But will we have to sit an exam on an MS OS
    people hate?

    I'd rather go for Win7 exam; or am I being a bit naive?

    : )

    G Mail Account, Sep 11, 2009