    Larry Jordan's "Essential Editing" tuturial that runs on
    a computer, but don't have it yet. Is it worth getting?
    Can anyone suggest something better?

    dh@., Sep 10, 2008

  2. dh@.

    Guest

    On Sep 10, 8:01 am, dh@. wrote:
    > Can anyone suggest where to get instruction about
    > Final Cut Pro, preferably without having to pay $100+
    > dollars for a video? Are there online sites where we can
    > copy text and maybe download a manual? I'm aware of
    > Larry Jordan's "Essential Editing" tuturial that runs on
    > a computer, but don't have it yet. Is it worth getting?
    > Can anyone suggest something better?

    Editing video is not brain surgery, but it does require a lot of time
    and effort to learn how to do it very well. FCP is a fairly extensive
    program, learning how to use all its features effectively will not be
    a quick process. That's why tutorials are so expensive.

    Having said that, Apple has been known to hold free seminars to teach
    the basics of their software, and I pulled up a number of tutorial
    videos on YouTube by typing in "Final Cut Pro". It's not much, but
    the price is right.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com

    , Sep 13, 2008

  3. dh@.

    Guest

    On Sep 17, 6:56 pm, Bream Rockmetteller <bream-
    > wrote:
    > On 2008-09-12 16:16:48 -0700, said:
    >

    > > On Sep 10, 8:01 am, dh@. wrote:
    > >> Can anyone suggest where to get instruction about
    > >> Final Cut Pro, preferably without having to pay $100+
    > >> dollars for a video? Are there online sites where we can
    > >> copy text and maybe download a manual? I'm aware of
    > >> Larry Jordan's "Essential Editing" tuturial that runs on
    > >> a computer, but don't have it yet. Is it worth getting?
    > >> Can anyone suggest something better?

    > > Editing video is not brain surgery, but it does require a lot of time
    > > and effort to learn how to do it very well.  FCP is a fairly extensive
    > > program, learning how to use all its features effectively will not be
    > > a quick process.  That's why tutorials are so expensive.

    > > Having said that, Apple has been known to hold free seminars to teach
    > > the basics of their software, and I pulled up a number of tutorial
    > > videos on YouTube by typing in "Final Cut Pro".  It's not much, but
    > > the price is right.

    > This got me thinking... how did _I_ learn it? It seems completely
    > second nature now, yet for the life of me I don't remember doing
    > anything more than reading the "Getting Started" guide and referring to
    > to the "User Manual" from time to time. Have you looked at the Getting
    > Started book?
    > --
    > Bream Rockmetteler
    > Donaldson's Dog Joy

    I never got into FCP but I learned how to do Avid in college back in
    1994. Who would have thought at that time that digital non-linear
    editing would become the norm not a decade later. I don't know if
    it's just ease-of-use but I find myself constantly going back to old
    mpeg1 editing techniques over newer stuff when I have to do something
    quick on-the-fly.

    , Sep 18, 2008