    Any reccomendations on photo organizers?

    Chris

    , Oct 25, 2005

  2. Jim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > What is the best photo editing software non-professional, however
    > seasoned computer user.
    >
    > Any reccomendations on photo organizers?
    >
    > Chris

    First question: Photoshop CS2
    Second question: Your head.
    Jim

    Jim, Oct 25, 2005

  3. On 25 Oct 2005 13:31:46 -0700, wrote:

    >What is the best photo editing software non-professional, however
    >seasoned computer user.
    >
    >Any reccomendations on photo organizers?

    PhotoShop CS2 and use Bridge in it to organize your images along with
    the metadata.

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

    John A. Stovall, Oct 25, 2005
  4. This old Bob Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > What is the best photo editing software non-professional, however
    > seasoned computer user.

    I think Elements is excellent but I've been using it for a couple years and
    just moved to CS/CS2.

    > Any reccomendations on photo organizers?

    That is a tough one. One persons "organized" is another's chaos. Keep a
    good log (and print it out often) and rename your files so no two pictures
    have the same names. Maybe I'll do this myself one day (Ha!) but I'm
    hoping CS 2 and IPTC data will work well for me going forward.

    This old Bob, Oct 25, 2005
  5. Fred Guest

    I use "Downloader Pro" to download from the camera to computer, followed by
    "Thumbs Plus" for cataloging and recording keywords to make easy searches. I
    edit in Thumbs Plus or more often in Photoshop CS. This works well for me.

    Fred, Oct 26, 2005
  6. writes:

    > What is the best photo editing software non-professional, however
    > seasoned computer user.

    Does non-professional mean unsuited to professional use, or what?
    Lots of non-professionals I know use Photoshop.

    > Any reccomendations on photo organizers?

    Thumbs Plus from Cerious Software.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Oct 26, 2005
  7. Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:
    > What is the best photo editing software non-professional, however
    > seasoned computer user.
    >
    > Any reccomendations on photo organizers?
    >
    > Chris

    Check into PhotoShop Elements 4.0.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Oct 26, 2005
  8. Ray Fischer Guest

    <> wrote:
    >What is the best photo editing software non-professional, however
    >seasoned computer user.

    What kind of photo editing? Photoshop is the most capable but if
    you're just taking about cropping and color/exposure adjustments then
    it's probabaly overkill.

    >Any reccomendations on photo organizers?

    iView Media Pro.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Oct 29, 2005
  9. cjcampbell Guest

    For most people, Photoshop Elements is probably the best. It has a good
    photo organizer included, although you can also use Google's free
    Picasa software, which is very good. The only drawback of Picasa is
    there is no OS X version.

    cjcampbell, Oct 29, 2005