  1. I would like a filter to get rid of all those messages from RonGrossi*
    but my filter definition doesn't see to stick around. Can somebody
    please walk me through the process? Thanks.

    William W. Plummer, Apr 17, 2005

  2. William W. Plummer

    Doug G Guest

    William W. Plummer wrote:
    > I would like a filter to get rid of all those messages from RonGrossi*
    > but my filter definition doesn't see to stick around. Can somebody
    > please walk me through the process? Thanks.

    Search for "Filter" in Mozilla's Help > Help Contents.

    Set the newsgroup filter to "Mark the message as read."

    A new newsgroup filter will only work on message headers downloaded
    after the filter is created.

    Doug G, Apr 17, 2005

  3. William W. Plummer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    William W. Plummer wrote:
    >>I would like a filter to get rid of all those messages from RonGrossi*
    >>but my filter definition doesn't see to stick around. Can somebody
    >>please walk me through the process? Thanks.

    and Doug G responded:
    > Search for "Filter" in Mozilla's Help > Help Contents.
    >
    > Set the newsgroup filter to "Mark the message as read."
    >
    > A new newsgroup filter will only work on message headers downloaded
    > after the filter is created.

    Another way (although it *does* mean you have to open one of his posts)
    is to open the post and click Message | Create Filter from Message.
    Then set it as above.

    I've gone one better and ticked "Ignore Thread". Because he's
    crossposting to rather a lot of ng's, and a lot of the time some twit in
    one of them decides to respond.

    Danny Colyer, Apr 17, 2005