    Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
    * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

    Dave, May 15, 2005

  2. Dave

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <>,
    (Dave) wrote:

    > A little help please...I want to get filters for my nikkor lenses
    > for D70, have 18-70dx, 70-300g and 50mmD, which have attachment
    > sizes of 67mm,62mm and 52mm respectively. I obviously want to
    > minimise the nuber of dupes, so what size should I get..67mm with
    > step downs to the other 2 sizes, or 62 with one step up and one
    > down? I presume if I go with 52mm, it will vignette if i try to put
    > this on the 67 with converters? Thanks to nikkor for making them
    > all the same filter size :(
    > I have a range of 72mm filters already for my other camera, would i
    > be better to step these down? would I need several step down rings
    > to do this?

    > Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
    > * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    > * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

    If you want to avoid duplicating filters buy 3 step up rings. 52 to
    72mm, 62 to 72mm and 67 to 72mm. Cheaper to buy 3 good, slim step up
    rings then new filters + step up rings - or is there another reason you
    are asking?

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, May 15, 2005

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    No, you've hit the nail on the head, Bob, just dont want to have to
    buy the same filter over again in different sizes. From what u say,
    will be better to get step ups for the corresponding lenses, and
    any new filters that I get will then be at the larger size. Thanks
    for that.

    Dave, May 15, 2005
  4. Dave

    Paul Furman Guest

    The only inconvenience of step-up rings is you'll want a spare lens cap
    at the large size.

    Dave wrote:

    > No, you've hit the nail on the head, Bob, just dont want to have to
    > buy the same filter over again in different sizes. From what u say,
    > will be better to get step ups for the corresponding lenses, and
    > any new filters that I get will then be at the larger size. Thanks
    > for that.

    > Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
    > * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    > * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

    Paul Furman
    http://www.edgehill.net/1
    san francisco native plants

    Paul Furman, May 15, 2005
  5. Dave

    [BnH] Guest

    Are you refering to creative filters or plain UV filters ?
    Plain UV filters is a must to protect your investment. a mere $30 for the
    67mm multi coated uv filter is nothing compared to your $300 lens.

    =bob=

    [BnH], May 16, 2005
  6. Dave

    Dave Guest

    both creative and UV..got a uv in 67 as soon as got the camera,
    didn't want to go out without, but just got the other 2 lenses and
    decided was time for the rest..circ polarising, in particular,
    couple of effects filters and colour correction that had for other
    cam in the 72mm. Although with the white balance feature on the
    d70, would I really need to bother with colour correction? I
    convert raw to dng and correct WB off a grey card shot. I think the
    dng editor in photoshop has pretty much everything required nyway
    for taking out basic colou casting.

    Dave, May 16, 2005

  7. > Are you refering to creative filters or plain UV filters ?
    > Plain UV filters is a must to protect your investment. a mere $30 for the
    > 67mm multi coated uv filter is nothing compared to your $300 lens.

    You your $300 lens will end up as a $60 quality lens. So maybe better is
    initially to buy $60 lens and safe $270 ;-)

    Regards,

    K.Polak

    Krystian Polak, May 16, 2005