    --
    Terry
    Remove the rodent from my email address to reply directly.
    Terry, Nov 26, 2004

  2. I'm not familiar with the camera and adapter you describe, but a
    58-mm-diameter filter will have 58-mm male threads on one side and female
    threads on the other side, so you can stack accessories.

    There's no particular reason to prefer Canon brand... Canon is not a "big
    name" in filters. Hoya, Heliopan, and B+W are, and so is Nikon. A
    multicoated filter is preferred, but not absolutely necessary with a
    polarizer because the polarizer itself absorbs enough light that internal
    reflections won't be a big problem. Tiffen is the big economy-price brand
    of filters (uncoated as far as I know; they just haven't changed since the
    1940s when everything was uncoated).
    Michael A. Covington, Nov 26, 2004

  3. Terry wrote:
    > I have a Canon G5 and the LA-DC58B conversion lens adapter. I would like
    > get a circular polarizer filter for the camera. Would a 58mm filter atach
    > to this adapter like a lens does so I could use it with the regular lens?
    > If so do I need to use a Canon filter or is there a better value? Thanks

    I am sorry that I don't know that particular camera, but if it has a
    standard 58mm filter mount (I suspect it does) then any standard 58mm filter
    should fit.

    Canon filters are like all others. There is no need to pick the same
    brand as the camera or lens for filters. I would imagine that Canon filters
    are of good quality, but there are other brands of good quality as well.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
    Joseph Meehan, Nov 26, 2004