    If I put the UV in front or behind the Polarizer?? I would take that UV
    would go first since it will also protect my polarizer.
    - Theo

    Theo McD., Jan 4, 2004

  2. Theo McD.

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    "Theo McD." <> wrote in message
    news:Dw1Kb.5110$...
    > I have a UV and a Polarizer on my Fuji S602.
    > Does the order of filter from the lense matter??
    > If I put the UV in front or behind the Polarizer?? I would take that UV
    > would go first since it will also protect my polarizer.
    > - Theo

    One filter at a time.

    UV.. no polarizer.

    Polarizer.. no UV.

    Dan

    Dan Sullivan, Jan 4, 2004

  3. Theo McD.

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <Dw1Kb.5110$>,
    "Theo McD." <> wrote:

    > I have a UV and a Polarizer on my Fuji S602.
    > Does the order of filter from the lense matter??
    > If I put the UV in front or behind the Polarizer?? I would take that UV
    > would go first since it will also protect my polarizer.
    > - Theo

    One at a time. Either UV or a polarizer.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Jan 4, 2004
  4. Why?

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Jan 5, 2004
  5. Why?

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Jan 5, 2004
  6. Normally it does not. However due to the construction of the mounts
    etc. sometimes it can.

    Please note that this author is not the same Joseph Meehan who is a
    professional author of Photograph materials.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Jan 5, 2004
  7. Theo McD.

    Marc Guest

    "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message

    > Please note that this author is not the same Joseph Meehan who is a
    > professional author of Photograph materials......

    .....it's Joseph Meehan the donkey cart delivery driver.

    And top o' the mornin' to him............

    Marc, Jan 5, 2004
  8. Theo McD.

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    > Why?

    Two less surfaces to possibly cause a reflection.

    Dan Sullivan, Jan 5, 2004
  9. Theo McD.

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    Dan Sullivan, Jan 5, 2004
  10. Theo McD.

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <Z22Kb.22424$>,
    "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote:

    > Why?
    >
    > --
    > Joseph E. Meehan
    >
    > 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
    >

    > "Dan Sullivan" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Theo McD." <> wrote in message
    > > > I have a UV and a Polarizer on my Fuji S602.
    > > > Does the order of filter from the lense matter??
    > > > If I put the UV in front or behind the Polarizer?? I would take that UV
    > > > would go first since it will also protect my polarizer.
    > > > - Theo

    > > One filter at a time.
    > >
    > > UV.. no polarizer.
    > >
    > > Polarizer.. no UV.
    > >
    > > Dan

    House brands can change at the whim of the importer so there iss no
    guarantee of quality over a period of time. Additionally the owner of
    the house brand can change their plans and drop support for the product
    or can cease business altogether.

    Additionally with a factory brand their is always a factory to contact
    in case of problems.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Jan 5, 2004
  11. Theo McD.

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Theo McD. wrote:

    > I have a UV and a Polarizer on my Fuji S602.
    > Does the order of filter from the lense matter??
    > If I put the UV in front or behind the Polarizer?? I would take that UV
    > would go first since it will also protect my polarizer.
    > - Theo

    Leave your UV filter on all the time.. Add the polarizer on top
    of the UV, but *only* when you need it.

    If you leave the polarizer on all the time, you're going to wind
    up with odd results on your pictures.

    Also.. You loose quite a bit of light with a polarizer no matter
    how you have it oriented. This will hamper your low light performance.

    You should only be installing the polarizer when you need it for the usual
    stuff.. darkening clear skies, cutting glare etc..

    Jim Townsend, Jan 5, 2004
  12. "Theo McD." <> writes:

    > I have a UV and a Polarizer on my Fuji S602.
    > Does the order of filter from the lense matter??
    > If I put the UV in front or behind the Polarizer?? I would take that UV
    > would go first since it will also protect my polarizer.

    On my C-2100UZ, I generally take off the UV filter when putting on any other
    filter or add-on lens. After all, the only reason for a UV filter is to
    protect the main lens.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, Jan 5, 2004
  13. Theo McD.

    Buster Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 23:41:23 GMT, "Theo McD." <>
    wrote:

    >I have a UV and a Polarizer on my Fuji S602.
    >Does the order of filter from the lense matter??
    >If I put the UV in front or behind the Polarizer?? I would take that UV
    >would go first since it will also protect my polarizer.
    > - Theo

    Since a so-called "UV" filter does essentially nothing apart from
    being protective, it's usefulness is questionable when additional
    filters are in place. If you actually require UV elimination, specify
    a 2A filter that is intended to block UV.

    Buster, Jan 5, 2004
  14. Was that intended as a response to my question?

    Joseph Meehan, Jan 5, 2004
  15. Sure, but if you want both additional UV and Polarizing effects, how
    else will you get them?

    Joseph Meehan, Jan 5, 2004
  16. But if you want both additional reduction in UV and a polarizing effect,
    how else will you get them other than two filters?

    Joseph Meehan, Jan 5, 2004
  17. I would put it a little different. Only use any filter when you need
    it.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Jan 5, 2004
  18. "Buster" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 23:41:23 GMT, "Theo McD." <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I have a UV and a Polarizer on my Fuji S602.
    > >Does the order of filter from the lense matter??
    > >If I put the UV in front or behind the Polarizer?? I would take that UV
    > >would go first since it will also protect my polarizer.
    > > - Theo
    > >

    > Since a so-called "UV" filter does essentially nothing apart from
    > being protective, it's usefulness is questionable when additional
    > filters are in place. If you actually require UV elimination, specify
    > a 2A filter that is intended to block UV.

    I disagree. UV does provide UV blocking that is very useful in some
    situations. Other UV type filters may provide greater UV and or blocking of
    some visible light.

    Joseph Meehan, Jan 5, 2004
  19. Theo McD.

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    > Was that intended as a response to my question?

    Bob answered to the Filter Question thread when it should have been Lens
    Filters.

    Dan Sullivan, Jan 5, 2004
  20. Theo McD.

    gr Guest

    "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote
    > Sure, but if you want both additional UV and Polarizing effects, how
    > else will you get them?

    Digital cameras are not sensitive to UV light, so you don't need a UV
    filter. The purpose of a UV filter is to protect the main lens. This comes
    as a cost of image quality, but most people find it an acceptable trade-off.

    You can stack filters however you want; the polarizer will work just fine
    whether its before or after the UV filter. Usually, you'd remove the UV
    filter if you use a polarizer, so as to cut down on the number of glass
    surfaces. But if that's inconvenient, you'd probably be better off sticking
    the polarizer on top of the UV filter, so it's easy to remove. I sometimes
    do that, because swapping filters can become tedious. Or, I just don't
    bother with a UV filter at all if I don't think I'll be poking the main lens
    into anything.

    gr, Jan 5, 2004