    but nothing about the message body.

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Aug 15, 2006

  2. John Thompson

    gwtc Guest

    John Thompson wrote:
    > Is there a way to have Thunderbird use strings in a message body to
    > trigger a filter? I see all sorts of header lines available for
    > filtering, and an option to add custom header lines to the filter list,
    > but nothing about the message body.

    I have in the drop down: Subject, From, *BODY*, Date, Priority,
    Status, To, CC, To or CC, Age in Days, Size, and Customize.

    Why don't you see it?

    --
    EVERYTHING HAS A GENDER

    You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender...

    A Web Page is Female, because it's always getting hit on.
    gwtc, Aug 15, 2006

  3. John Thompson

    sticks Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > John Thompson wrote:
    >> Is there a way to have Thunderbird use strings in a message body to
    >> trigger a filter? I see all sorts of header lines available for
    >> filtering, and an option to add custom header lines to the filter
    >> list, but nothing about the message body.
    >>

    > I have in the drop down: Subject, From, *BODY*, Date, Priority, Status,
    > To, CC, To or CC, Age in Days, Size, and Customize.
    >
    > Why don't you see it?

    Subject, From and Date is all I can see.
    1.5.0.5. Version
    And I don't know why I don't see more either. ;-)

    sticks
    sticks, Aug 16, 2006
  4. John Thompson

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:23:01 -0500, in message <mcwEg.591$>,
    sticks wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    > > John Thompson wrote:
    > >> Is there a way to have Thunderbird use strings in a message body to
    > >> trigger a filter? I see all sorts of header lines available for
    > >> filtering, and an option to add custom header lines to the filter
    > >> list, but nothing about the message body.

    Tell us which you are trying to filter: email messages or usenet messages.

    > > I have in the drop down: Subject, From, *BODY*, Date, Priority, Status,
    > > To, CC, To or CC, Age in Days, Size, and Customize.
    > >
    > > Why don't you see it?

    > Subject, From and Date is all I can see.
    > 1.5.0.5. Version
    > And I don't know why I don't see more either. ;-)

    Email filters can filter on more things than usenet filters.
    So you see different choices in the drop-down depending
    on which type of filter you are editing.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before
    Ralph Fox, Aug 16, 2006
  5. John Thompson

    gwtc Guest

    sticks wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> John Thompson wrote:
    >>> Is there a way to have Thunderbird use strings in a message body to
    >>> trigger a filter? I see all sorts of header lines available for
    >>> filtering, and an option to add custom header lines to the filter
    >>> list, but nothing about the message body.
    >>>

    >> I have in the drop down: Subject, From, *BODY*, Date, Priority,
    >> Status, To, CC, To or CC, Age in Days, Size, and Customize.
    >>
    >> Why don't you see it?

    > Subject, From and Date is all I can see.
    > 1.5.0.5. Version
    > And I don't know why I don't see more either. ;-)
    >
    > sticks

    are you looking at the filters while in email mode or in newsgroup mode?

    --
    EVERYTHING HAS A GENDER

    You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender...

    A Subway is Male, because it uses the same old lines to pick people up.
    gwtc, Aug 16, 2006
  6. On 2006-08-16, Ralph Fox <> wrote:

    > Tell us which you are trying to filter: email messages or usenet messages.

    email. I use slrn for usenet.

    > Email filters can filter on more things than usenet filters.
    > So you see different choices in the drop-down depending
    > on which type of filter you are editing.

    But still not BODY.

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Aug 16, 2006
  7. On 2006-08-15, gwtc <> wrote:

    > John Thompson wrote:
    >> Is there a way to have Thunderbird use strings in a message body to
    >> trigger a filter? I see all sorts of header lines available for
    >> filtering, and an option to add custom header lines to the filter list,
    >> but nothing about the message body.
    >>

    > I have in the drop down: Subject, From, *BODY*, Date, Priority,
    > Status, To, CC, To or CC, Age in Days, Size, and Customize.
    >
    > Why don't you see it?

    Because it's not there. :-(

    And the "Customize" option only adds new HEADER lines to check, not
    BODY.

    Thunderbird-1.5.0.5 on linux.

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Aug 16, 2006
  8. John Thompson

    sticks Guest

    Ralph Fox wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:23:01 -0500, in message <mcwEg.591$>,
    > sticks wrote:
    >
    >> gwtc wrote:

    > Tell us which you are trying to filter: email messages or usenet messages.

    Duh, sorry. I only checked usenet.

    sticks
    sticks, Aug 17, 2006

    John Thompson, Aug 17, 2006