    Has anyone experience with such a product and or a Canadian source that I
    could follow-up?
    Many Thanks in advance

    Deillub, May 18, 2004

  2. Deillub

    stewy Guest

    Off-hand, no. You could try a red filter as this will increase SOME
    contrast.
    But PSP or Photoshop is the best tool for adjusting images.

    A polarising filter will cut down on reflected light making views through
    windows and water better.
    Skylight or UVs will reduces haze and so improve contrast, but the bigger
    adjustments would be post-production.

    "Deillub" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Canon Power Shot camera which does not provide for screw on

    filter
    > attachments.
    > I am looking for a Canadian source of tinted glass that can be hand held

    in
    > front of the lens to
    > improve and enhance pictures containing lots of clouds, sky and/or

    water.

    stewy, May 18, 2004

  3. Deillub

    m Ransley Guest

    There should be a Polariser that can fit around the barrel, clamp down
    - tighten .
    Hold in front ? pain in the a , and no direction defined. Or maybe
    not , that is one less reason to consider a Power Crop.
    To me Filters - Polariser, are a necessity outdoors, in sun.

    m Ransley, May 18, 2004
  4. Deillub

    Deillub Guest

    Thanks for your input

    Deillub, May 18, 2004
  5. "Deillub" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Canon Power Shot camera which does not provide for screw on

    filter
    > attachments.
    > I am looking for a Canadian source of tinted glass that can be hand held

    in
    > front of the lens to
    > improve and enhance pictures containing lots of clouds, sky and/or

    water.

    Are you sure? There are adapters for the S40, S45, S50, S300, S400, S500, A
    series, etc. Which Powershot do you have? On the S40, 45, 50, and S300,
    S400, S500, they attach via the tripod mount.

    Steven M. Scharf, May 19, 2004
  6. Deillub

    Linda_N Guest

    "Steven M. Scharf" <> wrote in message

    > "Deillub" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a Canon Power Shot camera which does not provide for screw on

    > filter
    > > attachments.
    > > I am looking for a Canadian source of tinted glass that can be hand held

    > in
    > > front of the lens to
    > > improve and enhance pictures containing lots of clouds, sky and/or

    > water.
    >
    > Are you sure? There are adapters for the S40, S45, S50, S300, S400, S500,

    > series, etc. Which Powershot do you have? On the S40, 45, 50, and S300,
    > S400, S500, they attach via the tripod mount.

    They adapters are not by Canon, but yes there is a 3rd party adapter (clips
    over the top and bottom of the camera nicely) for the Powershop S30 - S50
    that allows for 3rd party tele and wide lenses to be attached. The only
    problem is the threading is 35.5mm and to my knowledge no filters (which I
    think the original poster wants...polarizer) have. The adapter is really
    cheap dollar wise $16, but built very well. The .5 mm is a real pain
    though.

    Linda

    Linda_N, May 19, 2004
  7. Deillub

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <X1Lqc.4758$>,
    "Linda_N" <> wrote:

    > The only
    > problem is the threading is 35.5mm and to my knowledge no filters (which I
    > think the original poster wants...polarizer) have.

    The good news is Heliopan does make 35.5mm x 0.5 pitch polarizers in
    both linear and circular types.

    The bad news is that these would be a special order and take about 4
    weeks for delivery.

    Heliopan also makes thin brass step-up rings from 35.5 x0.5 to more
    common sizes like 52mm, 49mm, 48mm, 46mm, 43mm, 40.5mm and 39mm.

    These would also be special order but would allow the user to use
    commonly available size filters.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, May 19, 2004
  8. Deillub

    Linda_N Guest

    "Bob Salomon" <> wrote in message
    > In article <X1Lqc.4758$>,
    > "Linda_N" <> wrote:
    >
    > > The only
    > > problem is the threading is 35.5mm and to my knowledge no filters (which

    > > think the original poster wants...polarizer) have.

    > The good news is Heliopan does make 35.5mm x 0.5 pitch polarizers in
    > both linear and circular types.
    >
    > The bad news is that these would be a special order and take about 4
    > weeks for delivery.
    >
    > Heliopan also makes thin brass step-up rings from 35.5 x0.5 to more
    > common sizes like 52mm, 49mm, 48mm, 46mm, 43mm, 40.5mm and 39mm.
    >
    > These would also be special order but would allow the user to use
    > commonly available size filters.

    There is another place (http://www.ckcpower.com/s3040.htm) that makes an
    adapter for the S30/40/50 that has 37mm threads (more common) but is it ever
    butt ugly, and expensive in comparison to the much better built clip on
    35.5mm I referred to originally. Perhaps Heliopan (noticed you own it) could
    contact that company and work out some sort of deal for them to advertise
    your 35.5 filters and step up rings? Even if your filters were a little
    expensive the customer is still saving 2/3s by buying the clip on adapter
    over the one listed above. I never bought the clip on because I could not
    find any 35.5 filters are lenses with that thread so just gave up. It was
    only until recently that I discovered a local camera shop is carrying the
    3rd party lenses for that adapter.

    Linda

    Linda_N, May 20, 2004