Filseclab and SensiveGuard firewalls

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Franklin, Sep 22, 2005.

  1. Franklin

    Franklin Guest

    On Sat 17 Sep 2005 22:58:41, Kerodo wrote in another newsgroup

    > Sounds like you're having better luck than I. That's good.
    > Filseclab is a nice product with good potential for sure. I am
    > keeping an eye on it as it develops.
    >
    > Another one you might like, which seems very light and
    > interesting is SensiveGuard. I am experimenting with it now and
    > like it. Seems to have potential and they are responsive to
    > emails on problems and so on.
    >
    > http://www.sensiveguard.com/

    Those screenshots on SensiveGuard's website really do look very
    promising. They seem to provide the level of control which I want
    from a firewall (i.e. at least as good as Sygate Firewall).

    Hmmm, I'm tempted to try out SensiveGuard.

    But I have just installed Filseclab and I don't want to keep
    unstalling & unistalling firewalls. I remember the amount of stuff
    which early version of Zone Alarm left behind after being
    uninstalled. I recall that these hard to remove remenants of Zone
    Alarm could interfere with other firewalls.

    I know this might sound very strange: have you tried installing both
    Filseclab and SensiveGuard on the SAME system and then enabling one
    or the other according to your preference?

    Franklin, Sep 22, 2005