    seem to recall someone here saying that Tiger was not the best place
    to deal with. Any thoughts.

    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Jun 13, 2005

  2. joevan wrote:

    > Plustek OpticFilm 7200 Film Scanner seems to be a good price but I
    > seem to recall someone here saying that Tiger was not the best place
    > to deal with. Any thoughts.

    Tiger used to have a horrible reputation, worse than horrible. They were
    even court ordered to stop fraudulent advertising. But they seem to have
    pulled themselves out of that rut. I don't want to endorse them exactly,
    but I see very little of the vitriol I used to about them. But for
    comparison, nearly every time I compare their price to NewEgg, Tiger
    loses out. And NewEgg has an excellent reputation. In this case though,
    their nearest item to the Plustek is the Konica Minolta Scan Dual, a
    little higher in price.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 13, 2005

  3. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:36:44 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >joevan wrote:
    >
    >> Plustek OpticFilm 7200 Film Scanner seems to be a good price but I
    >> seem to recall someone here saying that Tiger was not the best place
    >> to deal with. Any thoughts.
    >>

    >Tiger used to have a horrible reputation, worse than horrible. They were
    >even court ordered to stop fraudulent advertising. But they seem to have
    >pulled themselves out of that rut. I don't want to endorse them exactly,
    >but I see very little of the vitriol I used to about them. But for
    >comparison, nearly every time I compare their price to NewEgg, Tiger
    >loses out. And NewEgg has an excellent reputation. In this case though,
    >their nearest item to the Plustek is the Konica Minolta Scan Dual, a
    >little higher in price.

    Thank you Roger.
    I will check NewEgg too, as I too have had good relations with them.

    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Jun 13, 2005
  4. joevan

    doS Guest

    If tiger has a warehouse in the state you live in, they charge state sales
    tax also.

    doS, Jun 13, 2005
  5. joevan

    Norm Guest

    "joevan" <> wrote in message
    > Plustek OpticFilm 7200 Film Scanner seems to be a good price but I
    > seem to recall someone here saying that Tiger was not the best place
    > to deal with. Any thoughts.

    Call me stupid or what.

    I have had not one, but two, bad experiences with Tiger.

    I wouldn't deal with them again if they were the last technology company on
    earth.

    Norm

    Norm, Jun 13, 2005
  6. Rôgêr wrote:
    > joevan wrote:

    >> Plustek OpticFilm 7200 Film Scanner seems to be a good price but I
    >> seem to recall someone here saying that Tiger was not the best place
    >> to deal with. Any thoughts.

    > Tiger used to have a horrible reputation, worse than horrible. They were
    > even court ordered to stop fraudulent advertising. But they seem to have
    > pulled themselves out of that rut. I don't want to endorse them exactly,
    > but I see very little of the vitriol I used to about them. But for

    Perhaps that's because hardly anybody uses them anymore, because of their
    reputation.

    > comparison, nearly every time I compare their price to NewEgg, Tiger
    > loses out. And NewEgg has an excellent reputation. In this case though,
    > their nearest item to the Plustek is the Konica Minolta Scan Dual, a
    > little higher in price.

    I've had good luck with NewEgg.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263