    save / print the result. Any suggestions as to how this can be done
    would be very welcome.
    DD
    DD, May 1, 2005

  2. DD

    Bert Guest

    On Sun, 01 May 2005 09:49:45 +1000, DD <> wrote:

    > I want to be able to fill a form I have scanned into the computer and
    >save / print the result. Any suggestions as to how this can be done
    >would be very welcome.

    A simple way is:
    A) Print the form.
    B) Fill it in.
    C) Scan it again and save/print it.

    Somehow I think that is not what you want ;)

    Bert

    --
    if (isfunny(tagline)) steal(); else next_msg();
    Bert, May 1, 2005

  3. You can do that with Adobe Acrobat Professional. It is an expensive
    program. There may be other programs that work, that cost less or are free.

    You can also do that with Microsoft Access and other programs such as Word,
    but you will probably have "alignment" problems.

    - John R. Baker

    John R. Baker, May 1, 2005
  4. DD

    Sultan Guest

    DD <> wrote in news:4274199a$1
    @dnews.tpgi.com.au:

    > I want to be able to fill a form I have scanned into the

    computer
    > and
    > save / print the result. Any suggestions as to how this can be done
    > would be very welcome.
    > DD

    Print it out and use a typewriter to fill it in. rescan rinse repeat.

    --

    Sultan
    Sultan, May 1, 2005
  5. DD

    Plato Guest

    DD wrote:

    > I want to be able to fill a form I have scanned into the computer and
    > save / print the result. Any suggestions as to how this can be done
    > would be very welcome.

    To be honest isn't the best/easist way to simply fill out the form?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, May 1, 2005
  6. DD

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You need an OCR (optical character recognition) software try this one
    http://www.ocr.com/index.shtml

    pcbutts1, May 1, 2005
  7. DD

    Plato Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote:

    > You need an OCR (optical character recognition) software try this one
    > http://www.ocr.com/index.shtml

    I wonder how it'd work on form with various types of shading, etc.
    Plato, May 1, 2005
  8. DD wrote:

    > I want to be able to fill a form I have scanned into the computer and
    > save / print the result. Any suggestions as to how this can be done
    > would be very welcome.
    > DD

    The "Text" button on your graphics editor.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 1, 2005
  9. DD

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, May 1, 2005
  10. DD

    Guest

    On 30 Apr 2005 19:59:04 -0500, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    |>pcbutts1 wrote:
    |>>
    |>> You need an OCR (optical character recognition) software try this one
    |>> http://www.ocr.com/index.shtml

    |>I wonder how it'd work on form with various types of shading, etc.

    It's a pain in the rear, you get a lot of errors (E-MÝlL) you have to
    repair, if you turn up or down the contrast for one part the other
    parts becomes unreadable and generate bad text.

    --
    , May 1, 2005
  11. DD

    DD Guest

    Thanks for all the suggestions. I should have elaborated better on what
    I want to do. Obviously it is more than just a matter of filling in one
    form. It is required so that a questionaire can be scanned and then
    displayed to students who fill the document in and either print or save
    to a database for scrutiny at a later date.
    Any more suggestions?

    DD

    DD, May 1, 2005
  12. DD

    BIGEYE Guest

    "DD" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for all the suggestions. I should have elaborated better on what I
    > want to do. Obviously it is more than just a matter of filling in one
    > form. It is required so that a questionaire can be scanned and then
    > displayed to students who fill the document in and either print or save to
    > a database for scrutiny at a later date.
    > Any more suggestions?
    >
    > DD
    >

    > DD wrote:
    >> I want to be able to fill a form I have scanned into the computer and
    >> save / print the result. Any suggestions as to how this can be done would
    >> be very welcome.
    >> DD

    As mentioned earlier, the best program to do this is Adobe Acrobat
    Professional. But it is a tedious & time consuming process. You may also
    consider Abbyy Fine Reader.
    A better alternative would be to make a new form using one of the electronic
    forms creator programs.
    For this, the best is probably FormDocs. I have used it a lot, it is simple
    and can make forms very quickly.
    BIGEYE, May 1, 2005
  13. DD

    un8bf Guest

    http://www.colorpilot.com/typewriter.html
    un8bf, May 1, 2005
  14. DD

    JoeA Guest

    DD wrote:
    > I want to be able to fill a form I have scanned into the computer
    > and save / print the result. Any suggestions as to how this can be done
    > would be very welcome.
    > DD

    Me too. Idealy the spaces on the forms should resize to fit the text.
    Handwriting into forms looks sloppy and its hard to line up things and
    make it fit with a typewriter. Blinky the Sharks idea would work if the
    original form gives you enough room. I think I'm going to try FormDocs
    Thanks BIGEYE
    JoeA, May 1, 2005