    etc would be great! Meanwhile...

    Favourite fils sharing software?

    Ferg

    Ferg, May 8, 2004

  2. Ferg

    Brendan Guest

    On Sun, 9 May 2004 06:39:08 +1200, Ferg wrote:

    > When I try and research new p2p file sharing proggies I seem to get
    > flooded with old pages touting winmx and audio galaxy... Seems hard to
    > find an up to date source of info. Abyone know any good links. Reviews
    > etc would be great! Meanwhile...
    >
    > Favourite fils sharing software?
    >
    > Ferg

    You see the results of the fascist behaviour of the record and movie
    industries - industries that have recently been found guilty of NOT paying
    the artists they bitch about protecting from pirates! They're the biggest
    rip off bastards of all! $50 million and likely more to come!

    ZERO, NO, absolutely NO sympathy for them. The artists would be better of
    in many cases doing the music themselves and distributing it via shareware.
    Many of them end up owing the companies money - even if they are popular!

    www.zeropaid.com would be a good place for you to start.

    --

    .... Brendan

    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
    Mark Twain

    Note: All comments are copyright 9/05/2004 12:41:42 p.m., and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, May 9, 2004

  3. Ferg

    Steven H Guest

    On Sun, 9 May 2004 06:39:08 +1200, Ferg wrote:

    > When I try and research new p2p file sharing proggies I seem to get
    > flooded with old pages touting winmx and audio galaxy... Seems hard to
    > find an up to date source of info. Abyone know any good links. Reviews
    > etc would be great! Meanwhile...
    >
    > Favourite fils sharing software?
    >
    > Ferg

    http://emule-project.net/

    Steven H, 3rd Year B.I.T. Otago Polytechnic

    ..net Geek

    Steven H, May 9, 2004
  4. Brendan
    > On Sun, 9 May 2004 06:39:08 +1200, Ferg wrote:
    >
    > > When I try and research new p2p file sharing proggies I seem to get
    > > flooded with old pages touting winmx and audio galaxy... Seems hard to
    > > find an up to date source of info. Abyone know any good links. Reviews
    > > etc would be great! Meanwhile...
    > >
    > > Favourite fils sharing software?
    > >
    > > Ferg

    > You see the results of the fascist behaviour of the record and movie
    > industries - industries that have recently been found guilty of NOT paying
    > the artists they bitch about protecting from pirates! They're the biggest
    > rip off bastards of all! $50 million and likely more to come!

    You see the results of the fascist behaviour of some computer users who
    think they can steal anything they please

    > ZERO, NO, absolutely NO sympathy for them.

    It doesn't follow that you can advocate stealing off them

    Patrick Dunford, May 9, 2004
  5. Ferg

    Nihil Guest

    On Sun, 9 May 2004 21:39:06 +1200, Patrick Dunford wrote:

    >> You see the results of the fascist behaviour of the record and movie
    >> industries - industries that have recently been found guilty of NOT paying
    >> the artists they bitch about protecting from pirates! They're the biggest
    >> rip off bastards of all! $50 million and likely more to come!

    > You see the results of the fascist behaviour of some computer users who
    > think they can steal anything they please
    >
    >> ZERO, NO, absolutely NO sympathy for them.

    > It doesn't follow that you can advocate stealing off them

    Ermm you might be putting words in his mouth there? He just said he had no
    sympathy for the the record industry for various reasons which doesn't
    necessarly mean he advocates stealing.

    --
    ....check out the nametag.. you're in MY world now grandma...

    Nihil, May 9, 2004
  6. Ferg

    samg Guest

    "Ferg" <> wrote in news:c7j9ga$qf9$:

    > When I try and research new p2p file sharing proggies I seem to get
    > flooded with old pages touting winmx and audio galaxy... Seems hard to
    > find an up to date source of info. Abyone know any good links. Reviews
    > etc would be great! Meanwhile...
    >
    > Favourite fils sharing software?
    >
    > Ferg

    heres a good place to start

    http://www.slyck.com/

    go through the headings and not the subheadings in the guide menu for all
    the links

    samg, May 10, 2004
  7. Ferg

    Brendan Guest

    On Sun, 9 May 2004 21:39:06 +1200, Patrick Dunford wrote:

    >> You see the results of the fascist behaviour of the record and movie
    >> industries - industries that have recently been found guilty of NOT paying
    >> the artists they bitch about protecting from pirates! They're the biggest
    >> rip off bastards of all! $50 million and likely more to come!

    > You see the results of the fascist behaviour of some computer users who
    > think they can steal anything they please

    I have not seen a convincing argument that it truly qualifies as theft.

    Society benefits MORE from the free flow of knowledge.

    >> ZERO, NO, absolutely NO sympathy for them.

    > It doesn't follow that you can advocate stealing off them

    If these companies cannot follow their own rules, we should not have to
    follow them either. Disney stole all sorts of our common heritage and made
    money off them - and now will sue you into the ground if you do simular.

    No Patrick: by their fruits shall you judge them.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "Seek simplicity, and distrust it." -- Alfred North Whitehead

    Note: All comments are copyright 10/05/2004 1:46:08 p.m., and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, May 10, 2004
  8. Brendan wrote:
    >>>You see the results of the fascist behaviour of the record and movie
    >>>industries - industries that have recently been found guilty of NOT paying
    >>>the artists they bitch about protecting from pirates! They're the biggest
    >>>rip off bastards of all! $50 million and likely more to come!

    >>You see the results of the fascist behaviour of some computer users who
    >>think they can steal anything they please

    > I have not seen a convincing argument that it truly qualifies as theft.
    > Society benefits MORE from the free flow of knowledge.

    Is todays music really to be considered to be knowledge? I mean really.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 10, 2004
  9. Brendan
    > On Sun, 9 May 2004 21:39:06 +1200, Patrick Dunford wrote:
    >
    > >> You see the results of the fascist behaviour of the record and movie
    > >> industries - industries that have recently been found guilty of NOT paying
    > >> the artists they bitch about protecting from pirates! They're the biggest
    > >> rip off bastards of all! $50 million and likely more to come!

    > > You see the results of the fascist behaviour of some computer users who
    > > think they can steal anything they please

    > I have not seen a convincing argument that it truly qualifies as theft.

    You mean not one that gets inside that big head of yours.

    > Society benefits MORE from the free flow of knowledge.

    It is not your prerogative to decide that someone else should give away
    their knowledge.

    > >> ZERO, NO, absolutely NO sympathy for them.

    > > It doesn't follow that you can advocate stealing off them

    > If these companies cannot follow their own rules, we should not have to
    > follow them either. Disney stole all sorts of our common heritage and made
    > money off them - and now will sue you into the ground if you do simular.
    >
    > No Patrick: by their fruits shall you judge them.

    Nothing in that statement supports theft

    Patrick Dunford, May 10, 2004
  10. In article <k6qaoo2cyukz$>, lid
    says...
    > On Sun, 9 May 2004 21:39:06 +1200, Patrick Dunford wrote:
    >
    > >> You see the results of the fascist behaviour of the record and movie
    > >> industries - industries that have recently been found guilty of NOT paying
    > >> the artists they bitch about protecting from pirates! They're the biggest
    > >> rip off bastards of all! $50 million and likely more to come!

    > > You see the results of the fascist behaviour of some computer users who
    > > think they can steal anything they please
    > >
    > >> ZERO, NO, absolutely NO sympathy for them.

    > > It doesn't follow that you can advocate stealing off them

    > Ermm you might be putting words in his mouth there? He just said he had no
    > sympathy for the the record industry for various reasons which doesn't
    > necessarly mean he advocates stealing.

    He has advocated various forms of IP theft in other threads.

    Patrick Dunford, May 17, 2004