    mac and a pc, when ifuirst hooked everything up i could see the files from
    the pc on the mac, but now i can't

    does nayone have any auggestions?

    jeremy middleton, Nov 29, 2004

  2. jeremy  middleton

    Jerry G. Guest

    On any of these machines, did you activate any parameters dealing with a
    firewall?

    Are your disk drives on the both machines set for file sharing?

    Having a PC and a Mac share files over a network can get a bit complicated.
    I myself have never done this. There are some extensive articles about this
    on the MS technical information sections in their site. It is not something
    that is strongly recommended by them, unless absolutely required.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    "jeremy middleton" <> wrote in message
    hello

    i have one of the new modems from sympatico for home networking, i ahve a

    Jerry G., Nov 29, 2004

  3. jeremy  middleton

    Hammerer Guest

    > hello

    Hello!

    > i have one of the new modems from sympatico for home networking, i ahve a
    > mac and a pc, when ifuirst hooked everything up i could see the files from
    > the pc on the mac, but now i can't

    Disappearing files, eh? Bummer.

    > does nayone have any auggestions?

    Well, I don't know nayone, and I've no idea if he/she has any auggestions -
    but if I were you I'd ditch one of the computers. I mean - who needs two?
    Not me, that's for damn sure.

    Hammerer, Nov 29, 2004
  4. jeremy  middleton

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, jeremy middleton mused:

    | does nayone have any auggestions?

    Change back whatever change you made that removed them?

    mhicaoidh, Nov 30, 2004