    I just cant figure it out. Pass is set up on "server" by right clicking
    the drive in My Computer selecting sharing and setting a full access
    password. But as I said, I need to keep this password the same...

    Rosco, Dec 7, 2005

  2. Rosco

    Rosco Guest

    Rosco cried out

    > On my lan I am using an old 98se box pretty much as a file server.
    > Three xp machines can access it and one other 98se machine. It has
    > two drives, one every computer can access without a password the
    > other I only want access with a password. Easy fix right, well
    > yeah, its already set up, problem is I was on the second 98se box
    > and logged into the pass protected drive but accidentally
    > selected the option for the comptuer to remember the password. I
    > immediatley changed the password as the drive contains
    > administration materials not intended for the user of the 98se box
    > but the other users of the xp machines that need access to the
    > drive can not remember the new password no matter how simple it
    > is. Is there a way to flush the old password from the 98se machine
    > so that I can keep the same pass yet disable access to that drive
    > from that machine without re entering the pass, i know there is,
    > I just cant figure it out. Pass is set up on "server" by right
    > clicking the drive in My Computer selecting sharing and setting a
    > full access password. But as I said, I need to keep this password
    > the same...

    Nevermind, I got it. Found the password list manager on the Win98 cd
    tools/reskit/netadmin/pwledit/pwledit.exe

    Rosco, Dec 7, 2005

  3. Rosco

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 07:35:56 GMT, Rosco <> wrote:

    >On my lan I am using an old 98se box pretty much as a file server.
    >Three xp machines can access it and one other 98se machine. It has two
    >drives, one every computer can access without a password the other I
    >only want access with a password. Easy fix right, well yeah, its
    >already set up, problem is I was on the second 98se box and logged into
    >the pass protected drive but accidentally selected the option for the
    >comptuer to remember the password. I immediatley changed the password
    >as the drive contains administration materials not intended for the
    >user of the 98se box but the other users of the xp machines that need
    >access to the drive can not remember the new password no matter how
    >simple it is. Is there a way to flush the old password from the 98se
    >machine so that I can keep the same pass yet disable access to that
    >drive from that machine without re entering the pass, i know there is,
    >I just cant figure it out. Pass is set up on "server" by right clicking
    >the drive in My Computer selecting sharing and setting a full access
    >password. But as I said, I need to keep this password the same...

    To "flush" the password from the 98se box, Click Start, Find, "Files or Folders" and search for
    "*.pwl", without the quotes, and delete any found. (They'll have to reenter their passwords
    again as they become needed.)

    Unk, Dec 7, 2005