    what can I do please.?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,

    Lethal, Nov 11, 2010

  2. Lethal

    Lethal Guest

    Lethal, Nov 11, 2010

  3. Lethal

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:49:12 -0800, Lethal wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I have a problem trying to open .EML attachments, could you please help me
    > solve it.
    > My computer is Windows XP. I have tried to solve it by going to My computer,
    > tools, options,and look under register files so I could click "EML Outlook
    > express mail messages"(which is my mail server) but it is not listed there,
    > what can I do please.?
    > Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    > Thank you,

    ..EML files should be opened with either "Windows mail" or "windows live
    mail" depending on which you have.

    richard, Nov 11, 2010
  4. Lethal

    Mike Easter Guest

    Lethal wrote:

    > I have a problem trying to open .EML attachments, could you please help me
    > solve it.

    When you say .eml attachments, do you mean .eml attachments to an email
    or do you mean some other kind of attachment to an email?

    If you see an .eml attachment to an email, you should be able to just
    double click it because your OE is the program which is configured to
    open .eml

    > My computer is Windows XP. I have tried to solve it by going to My computer,
    > tools, options,and look under register files so I could click "EML Outlook
    > express mail messages"(which is my mail server) but it is not listed there,
    > what can I do please.?

    If you have a saved .eml file...

    Navigate to the directory with the .eml file
    R click .eml file
    Open with function opens
    Nominally it would have Outlook Express at the top of the list as the
    recommended program.

    If it does not, then you would need to find Outlook Express in the other
    programs.

    There is a potential problem with opening an .eml attachment to an email
    if your OE is configured to call on IE to render html which might be
    found inside the .eml and the IE which your OE calls on is an insecure
    version or configured insecurely.

    Which version of which browser are you using to render html?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Nov 11, 2010
  5. Lethal

    Jordon Guest

    richard wrote:
    > On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:49:12 -0800, Lethal wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >> I have a problem trying to open .EML attachments, could you please help me
    >> solve it.
    >> My computer is Windows XP. I have tried to solve it by going to My computer,
    >> tools, options,and look under register files so I could click "EML Outlook
    >> express mail messages"(which is my mail server) but it is not listed there,
    >> what can I do please.?
    >> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    >> Thank you,

    > .EML files should be opened with either "Windows mail" or "windows live
    > mail" depending on which you have.

    On Win XP?

    Jordon, Nov 11, 2010
  6. Lethal

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:36:43 -0800, Jordon wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:49:12 -0800, Lethal wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>> I have a problem trying to open .EML attachments, could you please help me
    >>> solve it.
    >>> My computer is Windows XP. I have tried to solve it by going to My computer,
    >>> tools, options,and look under register files so I could click "EML Outlook
    >>> express mail messages"(which is my mail server) but it is not listed there,
    >>> what can I do please.?
    >>> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    >>> Thank you,

    >> .EML files should be opened with either "Windows mail" or "windows live
    >> mail" depending on which you have.

    > On Win XP?

    Who knows? Maybe he added the newer versions.
    But he wanted to know what to open them with.

    richard, Nov 11, 2010
  7. Lethal

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:25:55 -0800, Mike Easter wrote:

    > Lethal wrote:
    >
    >> I have a problem trying to open .EML attachments, could you please help me
    >> solve it.

    > When you say .eml attachments, do you mean .eml attachments to an email
    > or do you mean some other kind of attachment to an email?
    >
    > If you see an .eml attachment to an email, you should be able to just
    > double click it because your OE is the program which is configured to
    > open .eml
    >
    >> My computer is Windows XP. I have tried to solve it by going to My computer,
    >> tools, options,and look under register files so I could click "EML Outlook
    >> express mail messages"(which is my mail server) but it is not listed there,
    >> what can I do please.?

    > If you have a saved .eml file...
    >
    > Navigate to the directory with the .eml file
    > R click .eml file
    > Open with function opens
    > Nominally it would have Outlook Express at the top of the list as the
    > recommended program.
    >
    > If it does not, then you would need to find Outlook Express in the other
    > programs.
    >
    > There is a potential problem with opening an .eml attachment to an email
    > if your OE is configured to call on IE to render html which might be
    > found inside the .eml and the IE which your OE calls on is an insecure
    > version or configured insecurely.
    >
    > Which version of which browser are you using to render html?

    Lots of luck trying to make that work.
    OE uses DBX files and won't know what the hell an .eml attachment is.

    OE also does not use IE to read html email. So the email file will not open
    with the browser.

    Idiot.

    richard, Nov 11, 2010
  8. Richard the St00pid wrote:

    > OE also does not use IE to read html email.

    <LOL!> Well then, tell us what it *does* use to read HTML email!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook_Express
    "... Outlook Express uses Internet Explorer to render HTML e-mail.
    Internet Explorer has been widely criticized for having numerous
    security flaws."

    Please refrain from giving advice on subjects you don't understand.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 11, 2010
  9. Lethal

    Mike Easter Guest

    richard wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:

    >> If you have a saved .eml file...
    >>
    >> Navigate to the directory with the .eml file
    >> R click .eml file
    >> Open with function opens
    >> Nominally it would have Outlook Express at the top of the list as the
    >> recommended program.

    >> There is a potential problem with opening an .eml attachment to an email
    >> if your OE is configured to call on IE to render html which might be
    >> found inside the .eml and the IE which your OE calls on is an insecure
    >> version or configured insecurely.

    > Lots of luck trying to make that work.
    > OE uses DBX files and won't know what the hell an .eml attachment is.

    OE uses .dbx files for its storage system. The .dbx files are a
    proprietary compression scheme for the archived messages which when
    saved as .nws or .eml are simply text files of an individual message.

    > OE also does not use IE to read html email. So the email file will not open
    > with the browser.

    Default OE uses IE's rendering engine to render html.

    > Idiot.

    Saying 'idiot' when you are wrong makes you look extra foolish.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Nov 11, 2010
  10. Lethal

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 14:18:06 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Richard the St00pid wrote:
    >
    >> OE also does not use IE to read html email.

    > <LOL!> Well then, tell us what it *does* use to read HTML email!
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook_Express
    > "... Outlook Express uses Internet Explorer to render HTML e-mail.
    > Internet Explorer has been widely criticized for having numerous
    > security flaws."
    >
    > Please refrain from giving advice on subjects you don't understand.

    dumbshit, OE uses itself to render html email.
    OE was basically created so emails could handle html or properly known as
    "Rich text format" (rtf).

    OE messages certainly do not open in IE.

    richard, Nov 11, 2010
  11. Lethal

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 12:38:05 -0700, richard wrote:

    > On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 14:18:06 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >> Richard the St00pid wrote:
    >>
    >>> OE also does not use IE to read html email.

    >> <LOL!> Well then, tell us what it *does* use to read HTML email!
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook_Express "... Outlook Express uses
    >> Internet Explorer to render HTML e-mail. Internet Explorer has been
    >> widely criticized for having numerous security flaws."
    >>
    >> Please refrain from giving advice on subjects you don't understand.

    > dumbshit, OE uses itself to render html email.

    Who's the dumbshit? Try reading that link with comprehension. Oh, wait...

    > OE was basically created
    > so emails could handle html or properly known as "Rich text format"
    > (rtf).

    And how, exactly, do you think it does that?

    > OE messages certainly do not open in IE.

    Who said they did, dumbshit? Beau even quoted the relative part of the
    article.

    no hace mucho tiempo que vivía un hidalgo de los de lanza en
    astillero, adarga antigua, rocín flaco y galgo corredor."
    -Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

    Aardvark, Nov 11, 2010
  12. Lethal

    VanguardLH Guest

    Lethal wrote:

    > I have a problem trying to open .EML attachments, could you please
    > help me solve it. My computer is Windows XP. I have tried to solve it
    > by going to My computer, tools, options,and look under register files
    > so I could click "EML Outlook express mail messages"(which is my mail
    > server) but it is not listed there, what can I do please.?

    Oh, "a problem". Very detailed ... NOT! It is a secret problem? If
    you don't tell us what is the problem or symptoms, how do you expect us
    to guess at what is the source of YOUR particular problem?

    So just WHAT does happen when you double-click on an .eml file saved on
    your hard drive? Instead of trying to open an .eml *attachment* in an
    e-mail while within Outlook Express, save that .eml attachment to a file
    on your hard drive. Then double-click on the .eml file.

    When you double-click on an .eml file to open it, do you get a dialog
    asking which program to use to load that file? If so, go select
    msimn.exe (Outlook Express used to be called Internet Messaging & News
    hence the "imn" in its executable filename) and remember to check the
    box to remember your choice.

    Can you even load the Outlook Express program? You used OE to post here
    but it's possible you are posting from a different host than where you
    want to open the .eml files.

    --- Posting Hints ---

    ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER
    than yourself to understand your post. Also remember that no one here
    is looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing. If you
    don't well explain your situation by providing the DETAILS that you
    already know, don't expect others to know what is your situation.
    Explain YOUR computing environment and just what actions you take to
    reproduce the problem.

    Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
    from them. If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go
    on (no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually
    move on to the next post and never return to yours.

    What is Usenet:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
    http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
    http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

    How to post to newsgroups:
    http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
    http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml

    Regarding error or status messages:
    - Do NOT omit the message.
    - Do NOT describe the message.
    - Do NOT summarize the message.
    - Do NOT paraphrase the message.
    - Do NOT truncate the message.
    - Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
    like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
    And DETAIL the steps to reproduce the error or problem.

    VanguardLH, Nov 11, 2010
  13. RtS opened his mouth and stuck *another* foot in it:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Richard the St00pid wrote:
    >>> OE also does not use IE to read html email.

    >> <LOL!> Well then, tell us what it *does* use to read HTML email!
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook_Express
    >> "... Outlook Express uses Internet Explorer to render HTML e-mail.
    >> Internet Explorer has been widely criticized for having numerous
    >> security flaws."
    >>
    >> Please refrain from giving advice on subjects you don't understand.

    > dumbshit, OE uses itself to render html email.

    <lol> OE uses the IE HTML *engine* to render HTML email. That does
    *not* mean that the email opens *in an IE window*. See? This is why I
    said you should refrain from giving advice...

    > OE was basically created so emails could handle html or properly known
    > as "Rich text format" (rtf).

    OE was basically (why basically?) created so inept Windows users could
    send and receive email messages. It gives many choices in formatting,
    including the worst of allowing Word as the composing editor. RTF and
    HTML are *not* the same thing. An RTF document/file can exist with
    absolutely no HTML markup in it. In fact, the RTF formatting scheme
    existed long before HTML became a known entity.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_text_format

    > OE messages certainly do not open in IE.

    Dumbshit, see above about the engine. You didn't read my OE link, right?
    You need to refill your prescription of LBYL pills.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 11, 2010
  14. Lethal

    Jordon Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > richard wrote:
    >> Mike Easter wrote:

    >>> If you have a saved .eml file...
    >>>
    >>> Navigate to the directory with the .eml file
    >>> R click .eml file
    >>> Open with function opens
    >>> Nominally it would have Outlook Express at the top of the list as the
    >>> recommended program.

    >>> There is a potential problem with opening an .eml attachment to an
    >>> email if your OE is configured to call on IE to render html which
    >>> might be found inside the .eml and the IE which your OE calls on is
    >>> an insecure version or configured insecurely.

    >> Lots of luck trying to make that work.
    >> OE uses DBX files and won't know what the hell an .eml attachment is.

    > OE uses .dbx files for its storage system. The .dbx files are a
    > proprietary compression scheme for the archived messages which when
    > saved as .nws or .eml are simply text files of an individual message.
    >
    >> OE also does not use IE to read html email. So the email file will not
    >> open
    >> with the browser.

    > Default OE uses IE's rendering engine to render html.
    >
    >> Idiot.

    > Saying 'idiot' when you are wrong makes you look extra foolish.

    Is that possible?

    Jordon, Nov 11, 2010
  15. Lethal

    Lethal Guest

    If you read my message correctly, you will see that I have explained what
    the problem is: I AM UNABLE TO OPEN .EML ATTACHMENTS in Outlook express and
    I did specified that my computer was Windows XP.

    Lethal, Nov 11, 2010
  16. Lethal

    Mike Yetto Guest

    richard <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 14:18:06 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >> Richard the St00pid wrote:
    >>
    >>> OE also does not use IE to read html email.

    >> <LOL!> Well then, tell us what it *does* use to read HTML email!
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook_Express
    >> "... Outlook Express uses Internet Explorer to render HTML e-mail.
    >> Internet Explorer has been widely criticized for having numerous
    >> security flaws."
    >>
    >> Please refrain from giving advice on subjects you don't understand.

    >dumbshit, OE uses itself to render html email.
    >OE was basically created so emails could handle html or properly known as
    >"Rich text format" (rtf).

    Are you saying that HTML and RTF are the same thing? You flount
    your ignorance with every post.

    >OE messages certainly do not open in IE.

    OE does indeed use IE to render HTML. Why would MS rewrite all
    that code to do the same thing?

    Mike "you, however, keep rewriting posts that do the same thing" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Nov 11, 2010
  17. Lethal

    VanguardLH Guest

    Lethal wrote:

    > VanguardLH wrote ...
    >
    >> Lethal wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a problem trying to open .EML attachments, could you please
    >>> help me solve it. My computer is Windows XP. I have tried to solve it
    >>> by going to My computer, tools, options,and look under register files
    >>> so I could click "EML Outlook express mail messages"(which is my mail
    >>> server) but it is not listed there, what can I do please.?

    >> Oh, "a problem". Very detailed ... NOT! It is a secret problem? If
    >> you don't tell us what is the problem or symptoms, how do you expect us
    >> to guess at what is the source of YOUR particular problem?
    >>
    >> So just WHAT does happen when you double-click on an .eml file saved on
    >> your hard drive? Instead of trying to open an .eml *attachment* in an
    >> e-mail while within Outlook Express, save that .eml attachment to a file
    >> on your hard drive. Then double-click on the .eml file.
    >>
    >> When you double-click on an .eml file to open it, do you get a dialog
    >> asking which program to use to load that file? If so, go select
    >> msimn.exe (Outlook Express used to be called Internet Messaging & News
    >> hence the "imn" in its executable filename) and remember to check the
    >> box to remember your choice.
    >>
    >> Can you even load the Outlook Express program? You used OE to post here
    >> but it's possible you are posting from a different host than where you
    >> want to open the .eml files.

    > If you read my message correctly, you will see that I have explained what
    > the problem is: I AM UNABLE TO OPEN .EML ATTACHMENTS in Outlook express and
    > I did specified that my computer was Windows XP.

    Oh, you thought your post was detailed. We're not there looking over
    your shoulder to see what you are doing or what happens when you do it.

    You still haven't explained WHAT happens when you attempt to open an
    ..eml attachment, or whether you open it inside of OE or after saving it
    as a file on your hard drive (which became known only in your reply to
    me where you then said "open .eml attachments /*in*/ Outlook Express"),
    or if the problem gets resolved okay by opening the .eml file saved on
    the hard drive and selecting to always remember your choice for the
    selected program (OE) to load that filetype.

    Okie dokie. Have fun working it out on your own. Bye bye.

    VanguardLH, Nov 11, 2010
  18. Lethal

    Mike Easter Guest

    Lethal wrote:
    > If you read my message correctly, you will see that I have explained what
    > the problem is: I AM UNABLE TO OPEN .EML ATTACHMENTS in Outlook express and
    > I did specified that my computer was Windows XP.

    You didn't actually say what happened when you tried to open the .eml
    attachment.

    It is possible that you may have lost your OE .eml file association by
    installing some app which 'wants' to open .eml or disturbed the OE file
    association.

    Here's what MS sez:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=312355 OLEXP: Unable to Open EML
    File Attachments in Outlook Express -- When you attempt to open an .eml
    attachment in Outlook Express, either the file may not open or you may
    receive an error message that states that there is no program associated
    with this file type.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Nov 11, 2010
  19. Lethal

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:03:12 -0500, Mike Yetto wrote:

    > richard <> writes and having writ moves on.

    >>> <LOL!> Well then, tell us what it *does* use to read HTML email!
    >>>
    >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook_Express
    >>> "... Outlook Express uses Internet Explorer to render HTML e-mail.
    >>> Internet Explorer has been widely criticized for having numerous
    >>> security flaws."
    >>>
    >>> Please refrain from giving advice on subjects you don't understand.

    >>dumbshit, OE uses itself to render html email.
    >>OE was basically created so emails could handle html or properly known as
    >>"Rich text format" (rtf).

    > Are you saying that HTML and RTF are the same thing? You flount
    > your ignorance with every post.
    >
    >>OE messages certainly do not open in IE.

    > OE does indeed use IE to render HTML. Why would MS rewrite all
    > that code to do the same thing?
    >
    > Mike "you, however, keep rewriting posts that do the same thing" Yetto

    yeah yeah I know. you guys are just jumpin on the bandwagon.
    Like from the song daddyoh, "Why is every one always pickin on me?"

    For the last fucking time, OE DOES NOT use IE!
    You show me proof of where that happens and I will admit I was wrong.

    richard, Nov 12, 2010
  20. Lethal

    Mike Easter Guest

    richard wrote:

    > For the last fucking time, OE DOES NOT use IE!
    > You show me proof of where that happens and I will admit I was wrong.

    OE uses the IE rendering engine Trident.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trident_(layout_engine) Trident (also
    known as MSHTML) is the name of the layout engine for the Microsoft
    Windows version of Internet Explorer.... first introduced with the
    release of Internet Explorer version 4.0 ... For versions 7 and 8 of
    Internet Explorer, Microsoft made significant changes to the Trident
    layout engine to improve compliance with web standards and add support
    for new technologies. ... Trident-based applications - Microsoft Outlook
    Express, which uses Trident to render HTML Messages

    http://www.litepc.com/xplite/mshtmlengine.htm IE HTML Rendering Engine -
    Core Microsoft HTML renderer that is used to display HTML content in IE
    and on the Windows active desktop as well as in other applications such
    as Outlook Express,

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Nov 12, 2010